Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The original AA reads (page 35)
On May 10, 2020, from 3:25 AM to 3:48 AM, the Ford F-350 registered O mph with GPS at Morphew residence as the doors opened and closed multiple times. SA Hoyland noted over eighty (80) events involving the F350 during this timeframe.

I never took it to be doors opening and closing 80 times. I looked up and read about telematics trying to narrow it down, no success, way too much information on telematics and similar devices but I did learn since 2014 all vehicles have a black box. You don't have to be driving a Tesla, we are all driving computers.

ETA: Heck, if Barry opened and closed the doors even 8 times, he was hiding something in his truck he was paranoid about or trying to keep something from leaving, (a drugged Suzanne?). If he’s filling his truck with trash or tools, he wouldn’t need to close the doors each time. Seriously its 3 am in your own isolated garage/ driveway. Regardless he wasn’t sleeping.
So it was only 23 minutes but very possible for there to be 80 events on the truck telematics. Makes sense now. Thank you!

So the AA reads that the truck doors opened and closed multiple times but that there were 80 events. Doesn’t say those events had to do with truck doors each time.

Last edited:
But that's just it. IF he didn't use the Bobcat, then he had to be the contact point for the cadaverine transfer. So why'd he climb on the trailer, step on the blade and climb into the cab unless he was de-trailering it? And why? Why would he decide to leave his beloved Bobcat behind, for a job he was pretending really hard he needed to do?

JMO

It was detrailered when he moved the truck at 16:44. So yeah ... Suzanne's dead.

He pulled in and hopped out of the truck, leaving the door open at 14:44 with the trailer still hitched.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2021/11/BobcatChairs.jpg
Raw footage.

The trailer in the pic above should be exactly where it was when Barry de-hitched it with the Bobcat per the AA. Meaning, in theory both should be in exactly the same position they were in at 16:44 on May 9th, 2020.

Because it's so obvious I feel stupid for not effing seeing it. He was covered in cadaverine when he got on the Bobcat to back it off of the trailer to use it to de-hitch the trailer.

That's way the dogs hit on the trailer and the Bobcat. I can't believe we all freaking missed it!

The condition change has just been requested not granted. It is a long drive and over a mountain pass so understand why he would not like his daughters doing that frequently in winter. I give it 50/50 it will be granted. If it is granted he would probably need to notify someone when he intends to drive.

I'm doubtful of OP's reasoning: The daughters allegedly drove quite a distance on their own to a campsite in another state when SM vanished. The distance between Salida and Gunnison is just over an hour (about 63 miles).

While Monarch Pass is generally open year-round, any temporary closure due to weather means the road is closed to all drivers -- including BM. I certainly don't see either daughter attesting to "road conditions" as the reason their dad needs to travel to Gunnison.

Driving from Gunnison to Salida, Colorado

Page 5/129:
Sergeant Mullenax asked dispatch to ping the number given for Suzanne's cell phone. Dispatch informed Sergeant Mullenax that the cell phone appeared to be off and last known activity was at 4:23 AM on the present date, with a general location about 11.5 miles west of a cell tower in Poncha Springs, CO.

Interestingly, Garfield is 11.5 miles from Verizon Wireless cell phone tower in Poncha Springs. Mayfield is only 8 or 8.5 miles from it, IIRC.
The tower is located where 285 meets 50. (Verizon Wireless Poncha Springs Site 11170 W. Hwy 50

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Poncha-Springs-Colorado.html
)

The phone is at or very near Puma Path at the last ping.

Sorry I don’t remember, it’s been so long. After a quick search of Media Thread, unable to locate original source, but I want to say it might have first been reported by LS, maybe in one of her FB lives or appearances on PE. I only follow cases here and know it was discussed in these threads after it came out, and pretty much determined to make no sense whatsoever because LE never came out and reported there was a SM sighting on Sunday. If it were true she was spotted sometime after BM left for Broomfield, it would have been huge news and have also cleared BM, which as we know, that never happened.

IMO, BM either made the whole thing up, or possibly BM found out LE received a tip from someone saying they thought they saw her somewhere on Sunday and after investigating the tip, LE determined it was bogus and/or investigated it and found that the individual the tipster thought was Suzanne turned out not to be her. Even if that were the case that LE was working off a tip of possible SM sighting, imo we’d have heard about it from LE, that they investigated and found that it wasn’t SM. So I really don’t think that was the case that LE was working off a tip. IMO, sounds more to me like something BM made up/lied about to take the heat and suspicion that was swirling around him, off.

The fact is, no one ever saw Suzanne on a bike nor anywhere else on Sunday after BM left for Broomfield, three LE agencies to include CBI, FBI working in tandem could never clear BM, and here we are…..

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
I believe there was a tip that was quickly dismissed but not before BM tried to get some mileage from the tip that involved a local restaurant citing SM picked up takeout on Sunday(??). When followed-up, it was determined that it was a different Suzanne and not SM. MOO

I believe there was a tip that was quickly dismissed but not before BM tried to get some mileage from the tip that involved a local restaurant citing SM picked up takeout on Sunday(??). When followed-up, it was determined that it was a different Suzanne and not SM. MOO
IIRC the talk of SM picking up food was supposed to have occurred on Friday and you are correct that reporter LS followed up and found that it was a person named Suzanne, but not SM.
However, BM did try to push the narrative with LS that SM was spotted by 2 people on Sunday. It didn’t gain much traction it seems.

URL="Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89"]CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89[/URL]

Telematic Events. BM/Operator Data & Truck Data.
I'm trying to make sense of the 80 events the gizmo recorded. For ex:

Open door.
Close door.
(BM puts something in console.)
Open door.
Close door, return to house.......... = 1, 2, or 4 events recorded?
......Then as @Laughing says:
..... L R R..:) but not 80 times)
(BM returns to house, then enters truck)

Insert key into ignition.
Turn key in ignition to start.
Turn key to stop engine.
Remove key from ignition.......... = 2 or 4 events recorded?
Spit-balling. Which other operator actions count?
Buckle seat belt.
Unbuckle seat belt....................... = how many?
Seems 80 events discussed at Prelim are operator actions, imo.
Before truck moves, maybe telematics record electric system data?
W door opening, dome light comes on.
W door closing, dome light goes out
Ditto, other interior light(s), come on.
Then off.................................................... = how many?
Once moving, much more about the truck data itself, but not sure if/how that info helps state to show that BM was committing crime.
Engine/motor RPM, Battery voltage, Engine/motor temp, etc.

BTW, FWIW: To help set their auto ins. coverage & UBI rates (User Based Ins. premiums), Progressive had 598 patents re monitoring operational characteristics and operator actions, but some were cancelled in 2014. Still a big load o' telematic events. :rolleyes: Edited this para for clarity.
Progressive UBI Patents Cancelled

Last edited:
Yep!

Barry sunk his own ship with the story he told also. If he wanted it to be believed that she disappeared on a bike ride, he should have said he didn't see her that day or he saw her leave on her bike. Then she didn't come home, but he wasn't suspicious or something. He could have made up many other stories that would have been more believable then he and her had a date and it was the best evening. Then, he left her on Mother's Day to go work, but not really work and then spend hours in a hotel room after visiting many trash cans and dumpsters around the city.
He made up multiple stories. None of them made any sense. Abductors "OH Suzanne!", even though he was HOME when her last known communications occurred. A mountain lion dragged her body away without leaving any blood or evidence of an attack. An accident on the bike ride which never happened. Someone close to her took her - we know what that meant but he declared he didn't know about Jeff (or the myriad of men she'd been spending time with :rolleyes:) until LE told him about him. He ran the gamut of possibilities - anything that might stick, all of which are crap.
His planting the bike/helmet will be his downfall, along with all of his lies to LE, all of the other evidence and all of the testimony to come.

The biggest issue Barry faces is his SM cell phone having no activity shortly after he arrives home on Saturday. His defense can argue telematics, no body whatever they want the biggest issue is no activity on her cell phone and MM2 last text message to her boyfriend before she even knows her mom is missing. In conjunction with the fact that he was working a job on a day he doesn’t have a permit to perform the job along with the trash runs. it really paints a grisly picture to what was going on in that house before her disappearance. He is toast, but hey god let it happen.

Last edited:
Telematic Events. BM/Operator Data & Truck Data.
I'm trying to make sense of the 80 events the gizmo recorded. For ex:

Open door.
Close door.
(BM puts something in console.)
Open door.
Close door, return to house.......... = 1, 2, or 4 events recorded?
......Then as @Laughing says:
..... L R R..:) but not 80 times)
(BM returns to house, then enters truck)

Insert key into ignition.
Turn key in ignition to start.
Turn key to stop engine.
Remove key from ignition.......... = 2 or 4 events recorded?
Spit-balling. Which other operator actions count?
Buckle seat belt.
Unbuckle seat belt....................... = how many?
Seems 80 events discussed at Prelim are operator actions, imo.
Before truck moves, maybe telematics record electric system data?
W door opening, dome light comes on.
W door closing, dome light goes out
Ditto, other interior light(s), come on.
Then off.................................................... = how many?
Once moving, much more about the truck data itself, but not sure if/how that info helps state to show that BM was committing crime.
Engine/motor RPM, Battery voltage, Engine/motor temp, etc.

BTW, FWIW: To help set their auto ins. coverage & UBI rates (User Based Ins. premiums), Progressive had 598 patents re monitoring operational characteristics and operator actions, but some were cancelled in 2014. Still a big load o' telematic events. :rolleyes: Edited this para for clarity.
Progressive UBI Patents Cancelled
Interesting point. Husband and I had to add such a device when teenage son began driving on his older car to save on insurance. Suggested same to another friend with two teenage female drivers which she went with. Offered her hubby’s radar detector for a recent trip to Florida but she declined noting the insurance required device reports her at anything higher than 5 mph over speed limit. Two young daughters would both likely require similar devices to save on insurance. Wondering now if either MM1 or MM2 had similar devices in their vehicles and would the insurance required computer answer the questions of if another RR was used to dispose of anything that weekend. Good thoughts! Thanks!
EBM I love how you think outside the box! Thanks again!
Also wanted to add that the insurance required devices are only installed on the minor/younger adults primary vehicles and don’t necessarily include any monitoring of other adult’s vehicles. Although we know Barry doesn’t like to wear his seatbelt I doubt that would be cause to install one on his truck although maybe he didn’t know that and may be a reason he dismantled the trucks electronics. IMO

Last edited:
May 10, 03:25 – 03:48 – Barry’s truck door opened and closed
"SA Hoyland noted over eighty events involving the F350 during this timeframe."

In 1 hour and 23 minutes, 80 door open and closings. He could not have been getting much else done at this point, except opening and closing the doors. Was he doing the reset thing and it wasn't working? He wasn't shoving 85 chipmunk carcasses in the truck one at a time.
Is this a misprint quote because that's 23 minutes isn't it?

The phone is at or very near Puma Path at the last ping.
It seems they are saying the last cell phone ping is ~3 miles west of Puma Path, unless you found another cell phone tower 3 miles west of the one registered with the FCC (near 285 and 50 intersection). Puma Path residence is ~8.5 miles from cell phone tower as the crow flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member