Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barry borrowed a vehicle or ATV to use overnight on 5/9-10, which he drove mostly in the dark, might he have lost something? Hence all the opening and closing of his truck and the left turn toward Garfield? Was he forced to retrace his nighttime steps in the morning? Perhaps to no avail.

We know he wasn't searching for a herd of elk but maybe he was searching.

JMO

If Barry borrowed a vehicle or ATV to use overnight on 5/9-10, which he drove mostly in the dark, might he have lost something? Hence all the opening and closing of his truck and the left turn toward Garfield? Was he forced to retrace his nighttime steps in the morning? Perhaps to no avail.

JMO
What do you have in mind?

JMO

Barry had an ATV. One on the trailer in the move to CO. A newer one at the condo pre-arrest.

2018.move.to.CO.ChrisMcDonough(1).JPG

050621.home.3.JPG

https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...621.home.3.JPG?width=450&height=278&crop=fill

What do you have in mind?

I don't know.

But I don't believe he drove 14 miles out of his way, wasting 20 minutes or so, for a helmet that doesn't even support his narrative.

And if not that, what? I feel like, if anything, whatever that trip was for, the helmet was the on his way back from that. Saw it sitting there atop whatever else was on his passenger seat and chucked it out the window.

He never left his vehicle, never opened a door apparently so it would've been something he could see or do or check from the comfort of his truck.

JMO

RSBM

Something that is fascinating from the AA is that SM's phone may have been switched off AFTER BM leaves the house. I will be very interested in the detailed/expert evidence on this point.

It seems critical precisely when BM's phone appeared to move away from PP but IIRC it was before 4.00am

I think the prosecution will attempt to construct a much more accurate timeline for these movements.
Can you point me to where that last SM phone signal reference is? Thanks.

Barry had an ATV. One on the trailer in the move to CO. A newer one at the condo pre-arrest.

2018.move.to.CO.ChrisMcDonough(1).JPG

050621.home.3.JPG

https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...621.home.3.JPG?width=450&height=278&crop=fill

Smarter still if he borrowed one from the neighborhood. Without permission.

If he headed up to the 3rd mine, the one he didn't acknowledge, what would the process have been? I believe it took him well into 3 o'clock (am)... 4+ hours. What took all that time?

If he didn't use his Bobcat, then I think between 3 and 5 am, covered in cadeverine, he climbed into thevbucket, then the cab of his Bobcat.

Might the Bobcat have still been on the trailer and for whatever reason, he decided then, it looked better to leave it home?

Seriously why didn't he haul it to Broomfield? Because of the trash runs? Too identifying? It was a weird move, leaving it at home IMO.

JMO

Smarter still if he borrowed one from the neighborhood. Without permission.

If he headed up to the 3rd mine, the one he didn't acknowledge, what would the process have been? I believe it took him well into 3 o'clock (am)...

If he didn't use his Bobcat, then I think between 3 and 5 am, covered in cadeverine l, he climbed into thr bucket, then the cab of his trailer.

Might the Bobcat have still been on the trailer and for whatever reason, he decided then, it looked better to leave it home?

Seriously why didn't he haul it to Broomfield? Because of the trash runs? Too identifying? It was a weird move, leaving it at home IMO.

JMO
Maybe he was just out of hustle.

Maybe he was just out of hustle.

But that's just it. IF he didn't use the Bobcat, then he had to be the contact point for the cadaverine transfer. So why'd he climb on the trailer, step on the blade and climb into the cab unless he was de-trailering it? And why? Why would he decide to leave his beloved Bobcat behind, for a job he was pretending really hard he needed to do?

JMO

But that's just it. IF he didn't use the Bobcat, then he had to be the contact point for the cadaverine transfer. So why'd he climb on the trailer, step on the blade and climb into the cab unless he was de-trailering it? And why? Why would he decide to leave his beloved Bobcat behind, for a job he was pretending really hard he needed to do?

JMO
Left something in the Bobcat cab?
Maybe he got so tired he started to do habitual things automatically before he caught himself and got back on track.

JMO
If he was planning on going on back roads or any roads with tight turns, the length of the trailer combined with the truck might have a problem in terms of maneuverability. IMO, he needed to leave the trailer and bobcat at home. To unload the bobcat, he left a footprint and odor on the bobcat seat.

I like your line of thought.

JMO, MOO

Left something in the Bobcat cab?
Maybe he got so tired he started to do habitual things automatically before he caught himself and got back on track.

I think he must have decided at 3 am not only to leave the Bobcat at home but to take it off the trailer.

I can't make the dog hits work any other way.

I just want to know why.

JMO

Somebody tell me if he was so controlling and she was so afraid of him, how did she get away 6 or 7 times flying out of state no less to meet JL? If he watched her so close, how come he didn't even know about JL? How come he didn't see all those texts and messages on Linkedin? How come Barry's attorney said it was a lie that M2 said she would move away with her mother and get a job as Suzanne told SO. This "control" thing does not add up. I don't know who killed her or who took her. I know JL said what they did was a terrible thing and I totally agree.
He thought she was meeting friends and checked up on her often. He was a controller, but he wasn't as smart as the thought he was.

If he was planning on going on back roads or any roads with tight turns, the length of the trailer combined with the truck might have a problem in terms of maneuverability. IMO, he needed to leave the trailer and bobcat at home. To unload the bobcat, he left a footprint and odor on the bobcat seat.

I like your line of thought.

JMO, MOO

He knew he wouldn't be doing or completing the wall but you'd think he'd want the Bobcat with him, for the narrative.

But...

By morning, he knew he had a lot of evidence to dispose.

He must have thought "guy in a truck at McDonald's, blend right in". "Guy with a Bobcat might stand out too much."

Maybe?

JMO

May 10, 03:25 – 03:48 – Barry’s truck door opened and closed
"SA Hoyland noted over eighty events involving the F350 during this timeframe."

In 1 hour and 23 minutes, 80 door open and closings. He could not have been getting much else done at this point, except opening and closing the doors. Was he doing the reset thing and it wasn't working? He wasn't shoving 85 chipmunk carcasses in the truck one at a time.

May 10, 03:25 – 03:48 – Barry’s truck door opened and closed
"SA Hoyland noted over eighty events involving the F350 during this timeframe."

In 1 hour and 23 minutes, 80 door open and closings. He could not have been getting much else done at this point, except opening and closing the doors. Was he doing the reset thing and it wasn't working? He wasn't shoving 85 chipmunk carcasses in the truck one at a time.
Just one thing that makes zero sense and makes me question the accuracy of what is in these reports. If the report was the door opened and closed a couple times in the middle of the night it would be easier to nod and say “sure makes sense.” But a door opening or closing once a minute for over an hour straight makes me go hmmmm. The data will be the most interesting part of the trial and so much of the leap to probability relies on it.

Just one thing that makes zero sense and makes me question the accuracy of what is in these reports. If the report was the door opened and closed a couple times in the middle of the night it would be easier to nod and say “sure makes sense.” But a door opening or closing once a minute for over an hour straight makes me go hmmmm. The data will be the most interesting part of the trial and so much of the leap to probability relies on it.

Even if the amount is inaccurate for some reason, an event is an event. It's also supported by his cell phone activity.

He said he was in bed. He was not.

Just another lie to add to the list.

I see we're talking about the mine shafts again. From the Google Earth Case Map:

View attachment 330174

The yellow lines are ATV trails. Mine locations are based on ArcGIS data. I want to point out that there are three known shafts behind PP, but Barry tells Grusing there are only two.

Excellent sleuthing! ATV to a mine entrance makes the most sense given what we now know.

After the conviction, when the Dateline episode airs, perhaps we'll learn what LE's theory is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee