Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the amount is inaccurate for some reason, an event is an event. It's also supported by his cell phone activity.

He said he was in bed. He was not.

Just another lie to add to the list.

Made all the more damning when, once confronted with his busy b activity at 3 am, he blamed his prostate.

You can't make this up.

Well, we can't. But he did.

JMO

Strike-through lines? Those Darn Gremlins.
Maybe he wrapped her in the missing brown towel. The towel must be with her. I also feel a suitcase or duffle bag for transporting her ...
Tried to edit the scratch thru line to no avail. Sorry.
O/T---I have had those 'scratch thru lines' pop up in my posts before---never figured out how it happens nor have I figured out how to edit them out. lmao
Hey, @DeDee and @katydid23
Sometimes gremlins in my Microsoft Surface tablet do that just to aggravate me.:mad:
How to locate Strike-through icon, at least on MS Surface, and edit.
First highlight/select the words/sentences w the unwanted strike-through lines (the text where you want to delete the Strike-throughs), then go to Tool Bar.

Tool Bar has icon that looks (a bit) like a US flag (w dark square In top left corner, & stripes, and a little "I" (for "insert")).

Click on that flag-ish icon for a drop-down w. these choices, each w an icon:
Quote....Spoiler....Code.....Strike-through (icon: S w. line thru)
Click on that icon.
Then handle as if doing formatting like bolding or italicizing.

Hope it helps, because if you need instrux for the Apple-sphere, I'm of no use whatsoever:( but one of our excellent Apple users can save the day for you.

Last edited:
Can you point me to where that last SM phone signal reference is? Thanks.
Page 5/129:
Sergeant Mullenax asked dispatch to ping the number given for Suzanne's cell phone. Dispatch informed Sergeant Mullenax that the cell phone appeared to be off and last known activity was at 4:23 AM on the present date, with a general location about 11.5 miles west of a cell tower in Poncha Springs, CO.

Interestingly, Garfield is 11.5 miles from Verizon Wireless cell phone tower in Poncha Springs. Mayfield is only 8 or 8.5 miles from it, IIRC.
The tower is located where 285 meets 50. (Verizon Wireless Poncha Springs Site 11170 W. Hwy 50

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Poncha-Springs-Colorado.html
)

May 10, 03:25 – 03:48 – Barry’s truck door opened and closed
"SA Hoyland noted over eighty events involving the F350 during this timeframe."

May 10, 03:58 – Barry’s phone moves from home to near where Suzanne’s bike found
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

May 10, 04:10 – 04:23 – Last Activity from Suzanne’s iPhone
Sergeant Mullenax asked dispatch to ping the number given for Suzanne’s cell phone. Dispatch informed Mullenax that the cell phone appeared to be off and last known activity was at 4:23AM on the present date, with a general location about 11.5 miles west of a cell tower in Poncha Springs, CO.

May 10, 04:32 – Barry’s Phone Goes Back into Airplane Mode
Barry's Phone Goes Back into Airplane Mode

May 10, 04:32 – 05:14 – Chasing Elk, or Staging Evidence?
Barry's trip to Garfield adds an approximate five miles each way to his morning trip, and places Barry and his vehicle in the direction the helmet was discarded - west from the bicycle.

Yes. IMO this part of the trial will be fascinating.

If they can show the phone ceased activity after BM left PP that is extremely suspicious

During the PH transcripts that Plunder uploaded (in fact, it's in the same episode I described in muh last post), MM2 gave officials her phone and permission to SW IG acct. After speaking once to MM1, LEO no longer had access to her. Perhaps she hired an attorney early on.
jmhoo
Just one thing that makes zero sense and makes me question the accuracy of what is in these reports. If the report was the door opened and closed a couple times in the middle of the night it would be easier to nod and say “sure makes sense.” But a door opening or closing once a minute for over an hour straight makes me go hmmmm. The data will be the most interesting part of the trial and so much of the leap to probability relies on it.

Would the defense suggest that this frequency of activity is so absurd that is must indicate faulty sensors? Or possibly Bermuda Triangle-ish or solar flare activity which would account for BM's phone pinging similarly?

Page 5/129:
Sergeant Mullenax asked dispatch to ping the number given for Suzanne's cell phone. Dispatch informed Sergeant Mullenax that the cell phone appeared to be off and last known activity was at 4:23 AM on the present date, with a general location about 11.5 miles west of a cell tower in Poncha Springs, CO.

Interestingly, Garfield is 11.5 miles from Verizon Wireless cell phone tower in Poncha Springs. Mayfield is only 8 or 8.5 miles from it, IIRC.
The tower is located where 285 meets 50. (Verizon Wireless Poncha Springs Site 11170 W. Hwy 50

)
So do we think Barry left the phone with the body? Idiot!

Would the defense suggest that this frequency of activity is so absurd that is must indicate faulty sensors? Or possibly Bermuda Triangle-ish or solar flare activity which would account for BM's phone pinging similarly?
It is a touch unbelievable so I am planning on hearing someone for prosecution explain how it is possible and someone from defense to explain how it is possible or we won’t hear about it at all because neither side can explain why telematics would indicate a door opening and shutting once a minute for over an hour.

My impression is that 80 events aren't limited to just doors opening and closing. Locking, unlocking. Lights on and off. Radio on and off... Vehicle leveling. Ignition. Etc.

One act of unlocking the truck and opening the door might register multiple events.

JMO

I am wondering as we start getting into trial motions and closer to actual trial date if Barry will make a run for it. IMO as he starts losing motions and more discovery comes out he will start to feel
a loss of control. This could either make him run or make some big mistakes. Just my thoughts and opinion.

It is a touch unbelievable so I am planning on hearing someone for prosecution explain how it is possible and someone from defense to explain how it is possible or we won’t hear about it at all because neither side can explain why telematics would indicate a door opening and shutting once a minute for over an hour.

doesn’t matter if it opened and closed non stop all they have to show is it opened and shut one time to prove he wasn’t in bed with his wife.

What was Barry's second question? Did you find the phone?

(His first question was about The Bike as I recall. The question he never asked is if they found The Wife. No need to ask because he knew they didn't and couldn't IMO.)

Was he playing coy about the phone? Did he destroy it? Did he throw it in an animal den? Knowing they'd track it?

It's beginning to look like he took it on his Garfield detour. Had he turned it off? Wanted to turn it back on wherever he planned to leave it but forgot?

Perplexing. I rather figured her phone got itself in the creek. By the bike. At the same time.

I have to believe he destroyed it first.

Pristine bike. Pristine helmet. Smashed phone.

Go figure.

JMO

Something is wrong with recording of the truck door activity on the morning of May 10th. According to the timeline of sk716, it says 03:25 am to 03:48 am. You all have said that’s over an hour. It’s not. From 03:25 to 03:48 is exactly 23 minutes.
I have not gone back to read the AA, but if there was a twenty three minute space of time to open and close the truck door, I would say BM opened and closed it eight times, not 80. That’s about every three minutes.
Is the timeline wrong? Can any of you point me to the AA so I can go back and read it?

Thanks. Just trying to clear my mind. :p

I think he must have decided at 3 am not only to leave the Bobcat at home but to take it off the trailer.

I can't make the dog hits work any other way.

I just want to know why.

JMO
Page 5/129:

)

I found the Verizon Cell Tower in Poncha Springs, it's just 200ft south of SS&S.
11.5 miles west of the tower is Taylor Gulch just before Monarch.

Something is wrong with recording of the truck door activity on the morning of May 10th. According to the timeline of sk716, it says 03:25 am to 03:48 am. You all have said that’s over an hour. It’s not. From 03:25 to 03:48 is exactly 23 minutes.
I have not gone back to read the AA, but if there was a twenty three minute space of time to open and close the truck door, I would say BM opened and closed it eight times, not 80. That’s about every three minutes.
Is the timeline wrong? Can any of you point me to the AA so I can go back and read it?

I think this just shows that we don't know how many events are recorded every time we access our vehicles.

But it could be unlock, door open, hinge engaged, light on, light off...

Just shows he was awake and very busy relative to his truck. At 3 am. After a perfect night with his lightly snoring angel.

JMO

The original AA reads (page 35)
On May 10, 2020, from 3:25 AM to 3:48 AM, the Ford F-350 registered O mph with GPS at Morphew residence as the doors opened and closed multiple times. SA Hoyland noted over eighty (80) events involving the F350 during this timeframe.

I never took it to be doors opening and closing 80 times. I looked up and read about telematics trying to narrow it down, no success, way too much information on telematics and similar devices but I did learn since 2014 all vehicles have a black box. You don't have to be driving a Tesla, we are all driving computers.

ETA: Heck, if Barry opened and closed the doors even 8 times, he was hiding something in his truck he was paranoid about or trying to keep something from leaving, (a drugged Suzanne?). If he’s filling his truck with trash or tools, he wouldn’t need to close the doors each time. Seriously its 3 am in your own isolated garage/ driveway. Regardless he wasn’t sleeping.

Last edited:
I am wondering as we start getting into trial motions and closer to actual trial date if Barry will make a run for it. IMO as he starts losing motions and more discovery comes out he will start to feel
a loss of control. This could either make him run or make some big mistakes. Just my thoughts and opinion.
No he won’t run I think. He along with his lawyers know exactly what all the prosecution has. So unless in the next 2 months there is some really major breakthrough evidence it is what it is. I think he will stick it through. There are no current motions that are must get motions. I am sure they want the change of venue and /or the enhanced voir dire but neither is probably a deal breaker for defense. I don’t know Barry obviously but the control freak label may not be as true as has been pronounced in some chats. You can see when Barry asks to make a legal move an example going to Gunnison but my guess is his lawyers are handling everything.

The original AA reads (page 35)
On May 10, 2020, from 3:25 AM to 3:48 AM, the Ford F-350 registered O mph with GPS at Morphew residence as the doors opened and closed multiple times. SA Hoyland noted over eighty (80) events involving the F350 during this timeframe.

I never took it to be doors opening and closing 80 times. I looked up and read about telematics trying to narrow it down, no success, way too much information on telematics and similar devices but I did learn since 2014 all vehicles have a black box. You don't have to be driving a Tesla, we are all driving computers.
True so I am not hanging my hat on the telematics until I hear more at trial. There are some damning circumstances tied to data and some that are open to question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allewine