Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Watts case, Shannan was murdered in the house, and ultimately transported in Chris' pickup truck. To my knowledge, no cadaver dogs hit on either locations.

Therefore I am not concerned about about the lack of hits in either location here (house or truck).

It's the lack of truck activity during the time he transported the body that makes me strongly question that vehicle's involvement in that aspect here.

As for the cadaver dog hits on the bobcat, I also think there may be an innocent explanation (false hits), as we do know that it doesn't appear the bobcat was involved in the body disposal.
Agree. I absolutely think LE would have responded if they even thought they had forensic evidence and if they did have forensic evidence it would have been used at the preliminary.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question Lyanna. The redacted person is MH, MM2's boyfriend. he was coming out of the garage when police arrived at the house. I would guess MM2 asked him to go by and check the house.

I take it he implied, yeah my folks fight on occasion but nothing like Barry and Suzanne.

Yeah think I misread and assumed they were still talking to MM2 - sorry :oops:

Thanks for the reply and clearing it up :)

I think Barry pulled the truck into the garage without detrailering it. Just like he left his car door open at one point, I believe he left the garage door open. Truck in the garage, trailer trailing outside.

Later he backed the truck out 95 feet, to the area where IMO he would detrailer it.

I think Barry handled Suzanne's remains after midnight. So when he returned to PP at 3am, he was covered in cadaverine.

He gathered up all of his clothing and bagged it up. His camo jacket, boots.

He climbed onto his trailer, stepped in the bucket of his Bobcat, climbed into the Bobcat and drove it off his trailer, used the Bobcat to release the trailer from his truck -- shedding cadaverine as he went.

Then he went inside PP. Showered repeatedly. Dried off using the brown towel that Suzanne had used to sunbathe ... and eventually, freer of cadaverine, got in his truck and drove away.

Got to the hotel and showered again.

Every time he handled anything relating to what he'd done he showered, dressed in fresh clothes and disposed of the next load.

Shower all you want, you can dilute evidence but IMO you can never get blood off your hands.

JMO

Suzanne is presumed deceased.

All records checks available to the FBI and local law enforcement indicate as of April 30, 2021, that Suzanne has not used a credit card, nor her social security number, nor has she been contacted by law enforcement, not flown in an airplane, not crossed a national border, not established utilities or housing, nor otherwise continued in her normal pattern of life for over 355 days. Based upon legal supposition, Suzanne Morphew, based on this lack of proof of life, is deceased (People v. Scott, 176 Cal.App.2d 458).

I've come to agree that the Bobcat did not play any part in the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew. But it and the trailer were the only thing on the property with any cadaverine on it.

How can that possibly occur? Because Barry is a man who likes to cut corners.

(May 11, 2020 Search of Puma Path Residence)
On May 11, 2020, pursuant to an authorized search warrant obtained by your affiant, while assisting with the search of the exterior of the residence your affiant located what appeared to be suspect blood on the apron of the garage near the east side of the three-car garage.

Additionally, it was noted by your affiant and other investigators that there was a Bobcat Skid Steer parked in a parking area/driveway, west of the Morphew residence. Next to the Skid Steer (south) was a flat-bed trailer. The trailer was in its tilt position. The trailer bed had some loose gravel and dirt on it. The trailer did not have a jack on it and the tongue of the trailer was lying on the ground. The Skid Steer was parked to the left side near the trailer tongue. The items were positioned such that the Skid Steer bucket appeared to have been used to un-hitch the trailer from a vehicle, most likely Barry’s truck, and set the trailer on the ground.

Your affiant examined the Skid Steer and noted that the cutting edge of the Skid Steer bucket had been recently replaced, so there was no wear on it. It was also noted, several larger bolts and nuts were lying in the Skid Steer bucket and on the front end of the trailer bed.
(K-9 search on May 23, 2020)
On May 23, 2020, search teams along with K-9s and K-9 handlers (Blood Hound Man Trackers NecroSearch) searched the 19507 Puma Path property. During this search, three different K-9s were used. Each of the three K-9s were ran blindly and individually during the search. On the west area of the driveway/parking area, where a flatbed trailer and Bobcat Skid Steer are parked, all three K-9s “trained final response” alerted (the K-9s used have been trained in a specific way to alert their handlers when they detect possible human decamp/remains) on the top of the trailer. It should be noted, on the bed of the trailer there is gravel and dirt. This is an area the K-9s alerted. All three K-9s again alerted on the Bobcat, and one of the K-9s jumped into the Bobcat and tried to lay down on the driver’s seat. The Bobcat located on the Morphew’s property is identified as a 2018 Bobcat Compact Skid Steer, Model# S590 and product identification number AR9Rl8813. The flatbed trailer and Bobcat Skid Steer are parked directly next to each other.

To the timeline!

May 09, 13:51 – 14:13 – Barry at DSI, replacing Bobcat blade
He was wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki shorts.

May 09, 14:44 – Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world.
Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world.

May 09, 16:44 – Barry parks his truck in the garage.
Barry claims to have been loading his truck and cleaning off his workbench.
Before he can pull the truck in, he has to get the trailer off. See above.

Here's where I move from fact to speculation. Suzanne is dead in the master bathroom floor. He's had his time-to-process and I think he probably moved her into the tub. If there had been any blood or fluids from the dart or the confrontation where he got scratched it's easy to clean.

But he still got some cadaverine on him and it's the only cadaverine that escaped the master suite. He didn't expect any to have formed yet, even though it's possible to develop within an hour and chemo might affect the speed at which caderverine can form (I Googled, there were a whole lot of scientific articles with a lot of Latin and science and nothing in plain terms.).

So he goes outside in his khaki shorts and blue t-shirt to unhook the trailer. So he releases the trailer hitch, lowers the ramps, climbs up, gets in the Bobcat, backs it off, drives it around, and uses it to lift it off the hitch. He parks the Bobcat right where police find it the next day. He hops into his truck and pulls it into the garage to go on with is body disappearing plan.

Lot's of chances to leave touch cadaverine from his hands.
Questions, I would have:
Why did he replace the bobcat blade before something evil happened to Suzanne? Replacing was necessary after ..... - what?
Where is the old blade, he changed? Has it ever been investigated?
What caused the old blade to become defective? Where did it happen, on which property? Did he prepare a grave?

In the Watts case, Shannan was murdered in the house, and ultimately transported in Chris' pickup truck. To my knowledge, no cadaver dogs hit on either locations.

Therefore I am not concerned about about the lack of hits in either location here (house or truck).

It's the lack of truck activity during the time he transported the body that makes me strongly question that vehicle's involvement in that aspect here.

As for the cadaver dog hits on the bobcat, I also think there may be an innocent explanation (false hits), as we do know that it doesn't appear the bobcat was involved in the body disposal.
True, but he confessed within 2 days....LE had probably barely started their investigation let along forensics on vehicles, etc. <modsnip: not victim friendly

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Barry pulled the truck into the garage without detrailering it. Just like he left his car door open at one point, I believe he left the garage door open. Truck in the garage, trailer trailing outside.

Later he backed the truck out 95 feet, to the area where IMO he would detrailer it.

I think Barry handled Suzanne's remains after midnight. So when he returned to PP at 3am, he was covered in cadaverine.

He climbed onto his trailer, stepped in the bucket of his Bobcat, climbed into the Bobcat and drove it off his trailer, used the Bobcat to release the trailer from his truck -- shedding cadaverine as he went.

Then he went inside PP. Showered repeatedly. Dried off using the brown towel that Suzanne had used to sunbathe ... and eventually, freer of cadaverine, got in his truck and drove away.

Every time he handled anything relating to what he'd done he showered, dressed in fresh clothes and disposed of the next load.

Shower all you want, you can dilute evidence but IMO you can never get blood off your hands.

JMO
Makes me wonder if Barry couldn’t wash the stink of cadaverine off of him no matter how many showers he took. IMO

JMO

Where he moved the truck to is not the place the trailer was dropped. We have the GPS in the AA.

Questions, I would have:
Why did he replace the bobcat blade before something evil happened to Suzanne? Replacing was necessary after ..... - what?
What caused the old blade to become defective? Where did it happen, on which property? Did he prepare a grave?

It's irrelevant. Blades get worn and need changing.

Do you think that CBI and the FBI didn't do all of that?

Makes me wonder if Barry couldn’t wash the stink of cadaverine off of him no matter how many showers he took. IMO

The knowledge of him showering multiple times always makes me think of Macbeth and the guilt that the blood on his and Lady M's hands symbolises.
That's exactly what BM was trying to do imo, wash the guilt away. He should have tried talking to Grusing a bit more.

Ebm - spelling

The knowledge of him showering multiple times always makes me think of Macbeth and the guilt that the blood on his and Lady M's hands symbolises.
That's exactly what BM was trying to do imo, wash the guilt away. He should have tried talking to Grusing a bit more.

Ebm - spelling
Well, BM did say he'd tell him 'everything' for immunity. This bozo is his own worst enemy, plain and simple.

I am so grateful for his delusions of grandeour which prompted his many, many hours of incriminating interviews. :p

MOO

Thanks. I couldn’t remember if the AA mentioned cadaverine in the truck.

One thing I’m sure of. There is so much circumstantial evidence that can’t be explained away.

BM realizes he is in for the fight of his life. And he will be found guilty. Rightly so.

Did I read that 3 separate dogs hit on that area and one jumped into the cab and sat down on the seat? I feel maybe less likely it was a false hit if 3 different dogs, not knowing where another alerted, hit on the same thing.

Whatever he did, he thought he was slick and is likely just loving that nobody has figured out where she is.

At the time of the AA, Suzanne's vehicle analysis hadn't been in yet and his daughter's didn't have the ability to record this data.

I also feel like this other device might have been used to hack into Suzanne's phone somehow. The text about getting hot tub chemicals.. she had the chemicals (or the containers) in her car.. did he use those chemicals to mask the smell of a body? It seems nearly everything he did have some reason or some explanation. He really has a story for everything. I just don't know what he could have planned for her body. Either Friday he went and prepared a place for her and he knew what he was going to do, then could quickly take her there either carrying her or in a vehicle that can't be tracked and get back to clean up and do whatever else he did.

Questions, I would have:

I think Friday evening he dug something somewhere and you know maybe too many crime stories for him, but he was thinking the dirt would match the grave if they ever found it and link it back to him, so he changed it.

It's irrelevant. Blades get worn and need changing.

Do you think that CBI and the FBI didn't do all of that?
I know, blades get worn all the time and also without digging a grave. ;) But we still have to find out, why his dear all-terrain loader was no longer used after the decisive hours at PP home on Saturday.

Thanks. I couldn’t remember if the AA mentioned cadaverine in the truck.

One thing I’m sure of. There is so much circumstantial evidence that can’t be explained away.

BM realizes he is in for the fight of his life. And he will be found guilty. Rightly so.
Yeah. A lot of people seem to think that you have to have forensic evidence to solve a case like this.

That cell phone data, surveillance footage, Barry's countless lies, and witness statements (to include Suzanne's notes), all add up.

So I'm in the Plunder Court transcripts and I am floored. IE seriously suggested that MM2 was searching for "cute girls in Salida" and looking for naked pictures of women on Barry's phone. Go back and read that sentence again before going forward.

MS. EYTAN: Mr. Lindsey is going to show or talk about some alleged screenshots from Mr. Morphew's phone in January of 2020 where it looks like looking for a woman, naked pictures, and that kind of thing, in the period of a day.
There's no foundation that these are -- that they are actually Mr. Morphew searching -- the phones between MM2 and Mr. Morphew are very intertwined and it's unknown how -- that's one issue is foundation.
I can not with this woman (IE).

Yeah. A lot of people seem to think that you have to have forensic evidence to solve a case like this.

That cell phone data, surveillance footage, Barry's countless lies, and witness statements (to include Suzanne's notes), all add up.

Yep

People don't really get the power of the circumstantial evidence. It's the web of evidence that gets you.

This is especially why bad staging takes down so many killers. They manufacture evidence against themselves in order to construct narratives.

So I'm in the Plunder Court transcripts and I am floored. IE seriously suggested that MM2 was searching for "cute girls in Salida" and looking for naked pictures of women on Barry's phone. Go back and read that sentence again before going forward.

MS. EYTAN: Mr. Lindsey is going to show or talk about some alleged screenshots from Mr. Morphew's phone in January of 2020 where it looks like looking for a woman, naked pictures, and that kind of thing, in the period of a day.
There's no foundation that these are -- that they are actually Mr. Morphew searching -- the phones between MM2 and Mr. Morphew are very intertwined and it's unknown how -- that's one issue is foundation.
I know. That blew me <modsnip> away. Maybe jurors should be required to read PHs and AAs but they're not.
His attorneys can sling <modsnip> at anyone and everyone and the jury will never know because they wouldn't DARE do that at trial.

Last edited by a moderator:

You know, that's just so low.
It becomes blaming a victim.

MassGuy, in my opinion, there is more evidence in BM’s case than in Patrick Frazee. Frazee had an accomplice who ended up testifying to save herself. And his infamous hit list on paper towels at the end.

In this case, every single data point in 48 hours points directly to Barry. Add his own statements show his lying and making up stories.

I can’t see anything getting him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member