Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harking back a bit, to when we were discussing Barry's probable objections to Suzanne retraining for the workplace - that reminded me so much of my husband's sister. She was much brighter than her late husband, and spent over 3 decades of her life playing it down, ie not taking on further study or training for a better job, or switching careers, and meanwhile praising him for everything she possibly could. I know of at least one time when she wanted to do some further study, but he said he didn't want her to, so she gave the idea away. She could have done it anyway of course, but that would have hurt the marriage. Well, she made her choices. Nowadays, years later, she has a very nice partner, he is very quickwitted with a wicked sense of humor and an excellent general knowledge. And I must say that my husband and I secretly much prefer him to the late hubby. My (somewhat belated) point is that Barry was probably always aware that Suzanne was smarter than him, and he couldn't abide everybody else seeing that.
I’m so glad that your sister has found happiness with someone more on her level. Sounds like she deserves every bit of it.
It makes me so very sad when I read things that SM said to her friend—. Ex. When she said “ I wonder what younger me was thinking”.
I’m sure she stuck it out for those 2 “ miracle babies” they thought she couldn’t have, devoted her life gladly to them.
So sad that she was just on the brink of being able to live her life for herself.
JMO

@al66pine,
As I said, we are allowed to state our opinions, which is fun sometimes because we rarely have all the facts even at this stage. And about my opinion there could be a dead body in Indiana, why not? If he killed Suzanne….
I am going to stay with the facts as we know them for now. I do not believe CBI is going to dig up 15 acres in Indiana based on my “opinion” of BM. :D
As far as his ability to lie, sometimes people mix truth and lies together. Maybe he was able to bury Suzanne where she will not be found.
@Love Never Fails Thx for your reply.

"dead body in Indiana, why not?"
Not disputing this ^ now or in my earlier posts. Yes, it's a possibility.

But not enough of a possibility to be a probability, like, ya know, probable cause to support a search warrant to dig up acreage.
That ^ is all I tried to convey in my previous posts but apparently not succinctly enough.

And yes, I'm curious too about what intensive digging - in various places where BM's spent time - would uncover. my2ct.

Thx again and looking forward to more of your posts.:)

Last edited:
Harking back a bit, to when we were discussing Barry's probable objections to Suzanne retraining for the workplace - that reminded me so much of my husband's sister. She was much brighter than her late husband, and spent over 3 decades of her life playing it down, ie not taking on further study or training for a better job, or switching careers, and meanwhile praising him for everything she possibly could. I know of at least one time when she wanted to do some further study, but he said he didn't want her to, so she gave the idea away. She could have done it anyway of course, but that would have hurt the marriage. Well, she made her choices. Nowadays, years later, she has a very nice partner, he is very quickwitted with a wicked sense of humor and an excellent general knowledge. And I must say that my husband and I secretly much prefer him to the late hubby. My (somewhat belated) point is that Barry was probably always aware that Suzanne was smarter than him, and he couldn't abide everybody else seeing that.
I'm hesitant to interject into a personal story but I sure hope the women we've brought up in our lives know better than to let a man decide their career choices or anything else for that matter.
IMO, Barry hated when she was ever out of his sight, especially when out in the world meeting and interacting with others. Look at how he behaved when at a cancer event for survivors. He wouldn't interact with anyone, had a snarl on his face, picked up his folding chair and left her there. It wasn't about him.
Smarter than he? No one is smarter than BM, in his own mind.
IMO

Last edited:
Hate to bring up Mark Redwine again, but it’s a case I am very familiar with. I remember his first wife said that he once remarked to her that if he wanted to hide a body he would “ dump it on a mountain side”.
Years later he did just that with his 13 year old son.
But it didn’t stay hidden forever.
And the monster is now locked up for the rest of his life.
I will never stop hoping and praying that we find Suzanne.
JMO
Although Barry's murder plot was almost certainly triggered only days before the crime itself (divorce), I have little doubt that he had mulled over locations and means of disposing of a body, prior to that decision.

Like Patrick Frazee, I believe Barry's logic was "no body, no crime."

This is the one thing he got right, as everything after that was an unmitigated, self inflicted disaster.

It's like he killed and disposed of Suzanne, and then said to himself, "what now?"

In a stunning display of arrogance, ignorance, and stupidity, he lied about everything, even things that could unequivocally be proven to be lies (his alibi for one).

Thinking jurors with even a small amount of reasoning ability, should be able to easily put the pieces together. I wouldn't bet the farm on that happening though, which is why Suzanne's body being recovered would be the coup of all coups.

The one thing that offers some hope, is that there is a fairly well defined radius in which Suzanne's body has to be located.

I do agree @marylamby. In my sisterinlaw's case, she was only 19 when she married, and he was 28. They got engaged when she was 18, shortly after her mother died, so probably that had something to do with it. Also it was a different world way back then, if a woman even worked, it was "only till the babies came." And men still felt proud of the fact that "my wife doesn't have to go out to work." Those days are gone forever, and a good thing too.

Last edited:
Although Barry's murder plot was almost certainly triggered only days before the crime itself (divorce), I have little doubt that he had mulled over locations and means of disposing of a body, prior to that decision.

This is the one thing he got right, as everything after that was an unmitigated, self inflicted disaster.

It's like he killed and disposed of Suzanne, and then said to himself, "what now?"

In a stunning display of arrogance, ignorance, and stupidity, he lied about everything, even things that could unequivocally be proven to be lies (his alibi for one).

Thinking jurors with even a small amount of reasoning ability, should be able to easily put the pieces together. I wouldn't bet the farm on that happening though, which is why Suzanne's body being recovered would be the coup of all coups.

The one thing that offers some hope, is that there is a fairly well defined radius in which Suzanne's body has to be located.

Well, exactly.

As George Wimmer, a former Indiana co-worker of BM's, told the FBI:

... Barry thinks he is a really good liar and he is not. Barry is the kind of person that will just stand there and “tell you something you know damn well is not true.” Wimmer would often just listen and not contradict because he just did not want the conflict with Barry.

Source: AA

Well, exactly.

As George Wimmer, a former Indiana co-worker of BM's, told the FBI:

... Barry thinks he is a really good liar and he is not. Barry is the kind of person that will just stand there and “tell you something you know damn well is not true.” Wimmer would often just listen and not contradict because he just did not want the conflict with Barry.

Source: AA
I think everyone has had an interaction with someone like this, if they don't know someone like this personally.

Zero self awareness.

I watch way too many true crime docs. Sometimes a jury gets it, sometimes they don’t. Whenever I watch IE, I think I would want her on my wall (shameless A Few Good Men reference), She is annoying as they come, but she is really good. The prosecution will have to bring their A game. The evidence, purely circumstantial, brings us to one conclusion. I need a strong prosecutor to make a jury understand that there is only one person who could have made Suzanne disappear.

I do agree @marylamby. In my sisterinlaw's case, she was only 19 when she married, and he was 28. They got engaged when she was 18, shortly after her mother died, so probably that had something to do with it. Also it was a different world way back then, if a woman even worked, it was "only till the babies came." And men still felt proud of the fact that "my wife doesn't have to go out to work." Those days are gone forever, and a good thing too.
Oh, I totally agree about the sexism of decades past which are, unfortunately, still alive and well today in certain sectors.
I'm so glad your sister-in-law found a man who appreciates all she has to offer. :)

Last edited:
I watch way too many true crime docs. Sometimes a jury gets it, sometimes they don’t. Whenever I watch IE, I think I would want her on my wall (shameless A Few Good Men reference), She is annoying as they come, but she is really good. The prosecution will have to bring their A game. The evidence, purely circumstantial, brings us to one conclusion. I need a strong prosecutor to make a jury understand that there is only one person who could have made Suzanne disappear.
Yup. If someone's reference point is movies and tv shows, then they could very well believe that Suzanne took off, or someone else killed her, staged evidence, and made Barry tell lies or something.

That's the kind of movie I would walk out of, but someone else might say "this could have happened."

That's not real life, and it's sad that some people have such an inaccurate picture of the real world.

I think everyone has had an interaction with someone like this, if they don't know someone like this personally.

Zero self awareness.
Some think if they repeat something often enough, people will believe you. Kinda like gaslighting.
Then again, when your story changes multiple times? You can't fool everyone. Barry's a freaking dope to think he's the smartest guy around and I like it. It will be his demise.
IMO

Some think if they repeat something often enough, people will believe you. Kinda like gaslighting.
Then again, when your story changes multiple times? You can't fool everyone. Barry's a freaking dope to think he's the smartest guy around and I like it. It will be his demise.
IMO
I love to call killers idiots, and they all are to varying degrees (they're killers after all).

It's fun to make fun of someone like that.

That being said, I genuinely believe Barry Morphew is among the dumbest I've followed.

He speaks poorly, lies in a childlike way, doesn't know how to read a room, and isn't able to put himself in other people's shoes. He ain't book smart, and he ain't street-smart neither (as he would probably phrase that sentence).

That's only a brief list, but it's rare so see someone tick almost all the boxes.

I love to call killers idiots, and they all are to varying degrees (they're killers after all).

It's fun to make fun of someone like that.

That being said, I genuinely believe Barry Morphew is among the dumbest I've followed.

He speaks poorly, lies in a childlike way, doesn't know how to read a room, and isn't able to put himself in other people's shoes. He ain't book smart, and he ain't street-smart neither (as he would probably phrase that sentence).

That's only a brief list, but it's rare so see someone tick almost all the boxes.
:D:D:D:D:D

In total irony, most the animals he hunted, have more awareness in their world than Barry does in his, just by their innate instinctiveness. His only advantage must have been a gun.

Thank you all for the updates on his status hearing yesterday. Any word on the voter fraud charges discussed?

TIA!
I didn’t hear anything specific to those charges, but the Defense attorney IE did mention something about a “ Motion to Sever”. I think it will be addressed at the future Motions hearing January 24/25 . I am not a lawyer of course lol. But a quick Google tells me a motion to sever is a request of the Court to have separate trials on different charges.
Just spit ballin here.
JMO

I didn’t hear anything specific to those charges, but the Defense attorney IE did mention something about a “ Motion to Sever”. I think it will be addressed at the future Motions hearing January 24/25 . I am not a lawyer of course lol. But a quick Google tells me a motion to sever is a request of the Court to have separate trials on different charges.
Just spit ballin here.
JMO
No, you have that right, @Cindizzi .
"Just spit ballin here." is exactly what his defense is trying to do and I wouldn't expect less of them. They have nothing. There's no way to defend all of BM's lies and the evidence against him. Every trick in the book will be used.
Thanks for your notes from the hearing, @Cindizzi. I checked in too late to see it for myself. :)

Last edited:
Just spit ballin here.
JMO

Thank you for the reply! :)

E & N are masters at what they do. Been studying those PH transcript vids ... I loathe E&N in a way that only those with an overdeveloped sense of justice can understand and also have a lot of respect for their absolute brazenness.

Some discussion around the possible path the defense plans to traverse and I think I've found it.

PH Eytan: Okay. So let's start here. Ms. Morphew used her -- seeing her dad so that she could see Mr. Libler on one occasion that we're talking about in at least in -- one trip to Florida that you'll recall.

PH Harris: Yes. the February 2020 trip she was going to see both Sheila and her father. Yes.

PH Eytan: Okay. Now she would also use Sheila as an excuse. She would tell Mr. Morphew, her husband, I'm going to hang out and have a girls trip with Sheila, but then she'd be tagging on a trip to see her lover, Mr. Libler, right? "

Everybody seeing that? Suzanne is the villain of the Barry's tale.

Sincerest condolences @jakat . If you need distraction as comfort, we're here for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax