Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecution wants Barry's statement of "I knew Suzanne would have voted for Trump," to be included in trial as it shows Barry knew she wasn't coming back.

Ballot was filed 5 months after Suzanne disappeared which shows consciousness of guilt.

Judge didn't buy the prosecution's argument so it will not come in at trial.

I'm not sure. I turned it on just at this point.
All I can think of is the Motion to Modify Bond, maybe ?
Even that doesn’t make sense. IMO
Speaking of witnesses, remember this article from yesterday afternoon saying the Judge had granted a Motion to sequester witnesses? I’m in Colorado Springs and this is a local station. There is no byline on the story and there were no tweets from a reporter with this station. I realize that the Judge shut down live-tweeting from the Courtroom, but how come LS and AF have not mentioned this Motion?
Maybe I’m overthinking? Lol.
Hate that we can’t see what’s going on for ourselves or even see the documents!

Defense requests witnesses be sequestered in Barry Morphew murder trial - KRDO

Monday, Judge Ramsey Lama granted the defense's sequester request. Now, witnesses won't be allowed to observe trial proceedings or talk to anyone about the case when the trial begins in May.

I’m kind of confused. This is a Motions Hearing so I understand why LE Investigators were testifying, but why is this witness, the neighbor Mr. R being called up ?
What was he speaking to? Etc
Thanks

I'm not sure. I turned it on just at this point.

The defense filed motions alleging the CBI agent (Cahill) was dishonest and that the prosecutor's office (Lindsey) tried to influence the witnesses, telling them to be fearful of BM. The defense wanted the court to believe that it was the prosecutor who caused Ritters to request the protection order -- (i.e., because Ritters used the hug emoji somebody had to change his mind).

Don't forget all this testimony under oath can go to the civil rights violation
claim alleging defamation and false arrest. MOO

ETA: See Defense Motion P-27.

Mr. Morphew has filed a motion to sanction Mr. Lindsey and other prosecutors for misrepresentations made in court, discovery violations, and prosecutorial misconduct.

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-conten...lic-Documents-Oct-15-2021-thru-Nov-5-2021.pdf

Last edited:
Listening to LS recap of today's hearing on YT:

This is classic attorney IE: after Judge Lama ruled that DA Stanley violated the Pre-Trial Publicity Order, citing a few (not all) of the defense examples, IE requested the penalty for the violation be the murder charges against BM be dismissed!!

And after Judge Lama denied (laughed) that request, IE wanted to bargain with BM's illegal voting charges! :rolleyes:

there best bet will be a procedural error, BM is screwed
That's a remarkably high number, and I absolutely wouldn't put it past the defense to simply make that up, or inflate it somehow.

Like I could see 60% saying they think he did it, but it's the unwillingness to keep an open mind that I find suspicious with that number.

I believe that the DNA partial match is given way too much weight. If she was taken/killed by a sexual predator he would have put her in his vehicle and left. How do you explain the bike in one spot and the helmet in another? If she was riding her bike when the predator came by and he took her then, there would be no reason to leave DNA on her glove box as he would have to break into the house to get to the car. This guy would not be wasting time taking her bike and helmet and dumping them while she is incapacitated in his vehicle. To what end? He would want to leave that area immediately. So if you buy the theory that a sexual offender got her (based on the glove box), then you have to question why the bike and helmet were found tossed. Who would have a motive to dump the bike and helmet??? Hmmmm

I believe that the DNA partial match is given way too much weight. If she was taken/killed by a sexual predator he would have put her in his vehicle and left. How do you explain the bike in one spot and the helmet in another? If she was riding her bike when the predator came by and he took her then, there would be no reason to leave DNA on her glove box as he would have to break into the house to get to the car. This guy would not be wasting time taking her bike and helmet and dumping them while she is incapacitated in his vehicle. To what end? He would want to leave that area immediately. So if you buy the theory that a sexual offender got her (based on the glove box), then you have to question why the bike and helmet were found tossed. Who would have a motive to dump the bike and helmet??? Hmmmm
Exactly. There are two parts to this:

The behavioral stuff that makes no sense for a sexual predator to do.

All the things that point precisely at Barry.

You cannot introduce a third party without making it laughable, and you cannot separate Barry even if you could do that.

That DNA is useless, misleading, irrelevant garbage.

That's a remarkably high number, and I absolutely wouldn't put it past the defense to simply make that up, or inflate it somehow.

Like I could see 60% saying they think he did it, but it's the unwillingness to keep an open mind that I find suspicious with that number.
When you think of past cases not just in CO but in general most defendants have a slew of supporters possible other theories can be explored, heck even mark sievers and Casey Anthony had a few. No matter where I have looked I see a select few it’s not much, I don’t see a jury giving him any grace he needs a prosecution error which is why I hope they don’t get it because if this case gets to a jury it’s over for Barry. All my opinion and perception

Prosecution wants Barry's statement of "I knew Suzanne would have voted for Trump," to be included in trial as it shows Barry knew she wasn't coming back.

Ballot was filed 5 months after Suzanne disappeared which shows consciousness of guilt.

Judge didn't buy the prosecution's argument so it will not come in at trial.
That's so messed up. So where was she, Barry? Or was it how you already had her declared INCAPACITATED that you felt you had that upper hand to vote for her?
YEAH, she's living the life south of the border. How many face palms I've had over with this sick man. Countless.

Too much weight? It's utterly ridiculous. And yes to all of the rest.

That's so messed up. So where was she, Barry? Or was it how you already had her declared INCAPACITATED that you felt you had that upper hand to vote for her?
YEAH, she's living the life south of the border. How many face palms I've had over with this sick man. Countless.

he knew she couldn’t vote for herself because she is was already dead

Based on things the Defense said at the Preliminary hearing I think they are going to try to push a theory that SM could have run off with a secret lover and that THEY staged the bike and helmet. Yeah, sounds crazy but… I think they know that EVERYONE including Barry and his 400 tours buddy have admitted that the bike seems staged.
At the Preliminary the Defense kept saying that Suzanne had lots of secrets, that she kept things from her closest friends and even her own Father, and that she lied to them, etc.
They’re going to suggest that SM disabled the security cameras.
It’s ridiculous but I can see them pushing this narrative.
Sadly. They have already proved that they are ruthless and heartless to SM’s memory. Imo
It’s all about portraying this “ poor man and loving Father” who did nothing wrong.
UGH I should go to bed.

Change of venue:

Defense surveyed the county and it apparently didn't go well.

60% thought Barry was guilty and wouldn't change their mind.
Yeah, like I believe the defense's 'independent' poll. Too funny!
So they had all of these people going home by home, asking opinions of residents of Salida. Sure, that happened. :rolleyes:
They just make 'stuff' up as they go along. And, it seems to be working.

This unknown DNA is probably one of Barry Morphews illegal workers, or someone he knows to have a criminal background, who knows maybe he convinced someone with a prior criminal record to change her car oil so he has something to fall back on, wouldn’t surprise me in the least bit. It’s pretty weird he is talking about Arizona so much and then that’s where the “unknown dna” comes from, pretty unfortunate for such a lucky guy, in my opinion

In the 48 Hours episode there’s a picture of SM’s purse on what appears to be the floor of her RR. Her wallet is open beside the purse (and looks like everything was taken out of it), cash, drivers license and some papers are also on the floor, outside of the purse and wallet. I always believed her purse was in her car but all together. I’m assuming this was the way LE found her belongings in the RR. IMO

This was on my 11:11 mark in the show. I’m streaming through Amazon, no commercials.
That open wallet and empty purse masks the RR look liker a crime scene too. Why would the vehicle look like that if she was abducted from her bicycle ?

It didn't happen. There was no poll. They didn't ask anyone anything. All lies. I'll bet everything I own.

Searching CODIS for a partial match is a relatively new phenomenon, so I'm not at all surprised that he had no experience with this.

As for unidentified foreign DNA, that's happened in countless cases I've followed. In most it was never identified, and located in an area very important to the crime (the location someone was murdered for instance).

Here we have a partial profile that's almost certainly going to match a massive amount of people. It was also found in a location that has no known significance to this crime.
Same thing happened in Mollie Tibbetts trial----3 different partial profiles found in the defendants car trunk---same place he had thrown Mollie into when he abducted her. The defense tried to make hay with those partial DNA profiles throughout the trial and then during their appeal for a new trial.

Also, unknown partial DNA profiles found in the McStay family case, which the defense tried to use to deflect from the accused killer.

Last edited:
Mad Respect! You have accurately described the D Team as sleazy when most I've read is how perfectly competent Barry's Team is.

They are sleazy, low down and dirty. They will try every trick known to man and make up some because they are immoral gutter rats. jmoo

Your comments are always interesting but this one made my day Big Time. Thank you, CGray!

Agree, and I don't think the jury is going to like them either. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member