Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That open wallet and empty purse masks the RR look liker a crime scene too. Why would the vehicle look like that if she was abducted from her bicycle ?

Screenshot 2022-01-26 1.37.34 AM.png

I see her purse leaning toward the driver's seat. Seems natural.
Sunglasses on the passenger's seat. Seems natural.
Help me see the open wallet.

Is that a bag of snack food in the passenger's seat?
Handiwipes on the floorboard?
Bottle of spa chemicals on the floorboard?
That's all I can identify.

Right now, things seem a bit bleak. This defense team reminds me of Jose Baez. Brazen and histrionic but effective. :confused: They are immoral and dishonest but I am not sure if the jury will see through their glitz.
I hear you katy but for all the Defense hype, pomp, and slight of hand <look over there, not here> I believe a Jury will be able to piece together all of the LIES, irrational and unexplainable behavior of BM and realize there could be no one else responsible.

I think the DA will have their case sewn up tight by the time this trial rolls around. Also, who knows what they might also have up their sleeve in regard to evidence and theories that have been solidified since the AA was written? Ole' Barry is going down even with his high priced, histrionic, throw everything against the wall defense duo.

MOO

@Momofthreeboys You've mentioned more than once that you suspect Barry didn't do this killing all alone. What is it that brings you to that possible conclusion? TIA

For the first time, I'm considering the possibility. I heard a reasonable story overnight that aligns with your suspicions.

View attachment 331359

Yes, looks totally normal. I work on cars everyday for the last 43 years. The front seat area is a perfect desk for a solo drive. Looks totally normal for a upscale vehicle front seat while running errands around town. I have also inspected vehicles involved in crimes, totally different appearance would present itself.

Prosecution wants Barry's statement of "I knew Suzanne would have voted for Trump," to be included in trial as it shows Barry knew she wasn't coming back.

Ballot was filed 5 months after Suzanne disappeared which shows consciousness of guilt.

Judge didn't buy the prosecution's argument so it will not come in at trial.

Wow - i completely disagree with that ruling.

That should have gone to the jury.

Yes, looks totally normal. I work on cars everyday for the last 43 years. The front seat area is a perfect desk for a solo drive. Looks totally normal for a upscale vehicle front seat while running errands around town. I have also inspected vehicles involved in crimes, totally different appearance would present itself.
I agree, my front seat looks like this until I have passengers. What has me curious is why the seat would look like this if Barry was in the car the previous evening eating pizza. If I had a passenger eating pizza, my purse and miscellaneous stuff (not sunglasses) would have found its way to the back seat where it would remain until the next time I drove. Did Suzanne go somewhere after they picked up pizza and move those items back to the passenger seat or did they not eat pizza in the car as Barry tried indicating?

Others have mentioned being able to make out wallet contents but I cannot make those out either. If purse contents are spilled out, is this an additional act of staging?

IMO

I believe that the DNA partial match is given way too much weight. If she was taken/killed by a sexual predator he would have put her in his vehicle and left. How do you explain the bike in one spot and the helmet in another? If she was riding her bike when the predator came by and he took her then, there would be no reason to leave DNA on her glove box as he would have to break into the house to get to the car. This guy would not be wasting time taking her bike and helmet and dumping them while she is incapacitated in his vehicle. To what end? He would want to leave that area immediately. So if you buy the theory that a sexual offender got her (based on the glove box), then you have to question why the bike and helmet were found tossed. Who would have a motive to dump the bike and helmet??? Hmmmm

This is why it is a mistake to stage the crime scene - narrative building ironically points a finger back at the motivations of the stager.

An abductor makes more logical sense if he is striking very early in the morning, before SM is turning her phone back on. But that person has no need to stage the time or place of abduction - he just needs time to get away.

BM on the other hand, has need to conceal the nature of disappearance, the place, but especially the time ;)

Prosecution wants Barry's statement of "I knew Suzanne would have voted for Trump," to be included in trial as it shows Barry knew she wasn't coming back.

Ballot was filed 5 months after Suzanne disappeared which shows consciousness of guilt.

Judge didn't buy the prosecution's argument so it will not come in at trial.
Same month he allegedly met Sho at the dumpster.

Mail ballot for dead wife, head to dumpster to find a new one. And I don't mean ballot.

As I posted a few days ago, this case continues to disappoint me in terms of the lack of reality about domestic abuse and danger to women.

This man is credible accused of murdering his wife, and we know he was likely abusive.

So now the Judge makes it easier for him to spend time with his daughters?

What the actual?

View attachment 331359

Hi DeDee - at 11:07ish in the episode you will see SM purse, empty wallet, driver's license, bank cards, papers. etc. It happens fast but I paused to get a good look. It's not in the picture you responded to.

Watch 48 Hours Season 34 Episode 20: The Suzanne Morphew Case: Nothing Is What It Seems - Full show on CBS

Edited: corrected time in video

Last edited:
Right now, things seem a bit bleak. This defense team reminds me of Jose Baez. Brazen and histrionic but effective. :confused: They are immoral and dishonest but I am not sure if the jury will see through their glitz.

Meh

I wouldn't get too invested in pretrial procedural stuff. The state clearly isn't! ;)

State will fire their shots at trial.

It's all very easy for the defence to get mad about procedure - less easy to poke holes in the actual evidence

Wow - i completely disagree with that ruling.

That should have gone to the jury.
Separate case that happened months after she disappeared. Judge ruled correctly on this I think. If you recall Judge Murphy also mentioned there were things in the AA that are inadmissable.

Hi DeDee - at 11:07ish in the episode you will see SM purse, empty wallet, driver's license, bank cards, papers. etc. It happens fast but I paused to get a good look. It's not in the picture you responded to.

Watch 48 Hours Season 34 Episode 20: The Suzanne Morphew Case: Nothing Is What It Seems - Full show on CBS

Edited: corrected time in video

That may be a photo of when the police snapped a photo of the contents from her car's passenger's seat as it was spread out for evidence documentation.

Photo that I published is from @AmandaReckonwith photobucket. Check out the description, please, as I'm unable to copy/paste it. See screenshot.

Photobucket

Screenshot 2022-01-26 7.51.57 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members