Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI...

Fremont County is one of the 64 counties in the U.S. state of Colorado. As of the 2020 census, the population was 48,939. The county seat is Cañon City. The county is named for 19th-century explorer and presidential candidate John C. Frémont. Wikipedia

It's also home to six Colorado Dept of Corrections facilities (prisons) so there's that for convenience-- in addition to the DA's office.

Time and distance won't fog the fact that the accused places himself on scene firing a loaded .22.

JMO
Yeah, and included yet another animal. The jury is going to hear about elk, deer, turkeys, bobcat, and chipmunks.

It's so utterly insane, especially when you dig just a tiny bit deeper, that they're just going to roll their eyes.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but it reminds me of that guy on the viral clip of the British version of "Family Feud" (Family Fortunes), who became flustered and answered "Turkey" for every question in the "Fast Money" round.

Barry was just a bit more creative. Then again, he had more time to do that.

Maybe the accused will eventually testify that, when he shoots, he misses. His whole life. 100%.

Not that I think he'll ever testify.

I guess really all that's left is for the defense to attempt to suppress, well, everything.

JMO

Don’t forget that Judge Lama is based in Fremont County.
He’s been traveling to Chaffee County since being appointed to this case after Judge Murphy stepped down.

Attachments

• 85C31D86-C9D7-425F-9982-C19FA2B1F142.jpeg
    85C31D86-C9D7-425F-9982-C19FA2B1F142.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 24
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...to-move-from-chaffee-county-to-fremont-county

Because the publicity around the case has been "so massive, pervasive, and prejudicial," Barry Morphew will not receive a fair trial in Chaffee County, the order continues. Suzanne Morphew's disappearance garnered widespread media coverage and interest across the United States, and the order recognized that "the talk of the community is that Mr. Morphew murdered his wife."

The court granted a change in county, but the case will stay in the 11th Judicial District.

Yes, and always... in the background of the chaos and misdirection, a woman, wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend who went missing on Mother' Day 2020.
Yes and the state as represented by the prosecution is responsible for preserving that in this trial.

The 3 Morphews couldn't have smiled a more fake, big 'everything is great here' smile if they tried. I'm sure E&N are coaching every move they make during these walks.
Last Saturday's CBS 48 Hours featured the bizarre murder of Barbara Kendhammer by her husband Todd. Rewatching parts of the 2017 trial now and one of Law&Crime Network talking heads defense attorney's commented on scripting every move of the defendant (client) down to the number of times he blinks. That says it all, IMO.

At one point ( I think it was after the arrest ) someone asked CM about the “ 5 “ and he replied with one word —
Trees.

Wish I could link, but he deleted his Twitter account.
Never heard, very interesting! Thank you! I don't know, where 5 trees are planted or if he bought 5 trees, but it doesn't matter. Someone here will find out, I'm sure. :)

There was a question earlier about SM's texts being admissible as evidence in the trial and this article on the court finding probable cause for first-degree murder is a good summary of what evidence the court reportedly relied on to make this decision. (Also, why the court was obligated to set bond for BM).

I think texts depicting SM's state of mind will not be challenged inadmissible. I think the court accepted BM used a tranquilizer dart here because he lied about whether or not he used the tranquilizer gun in Colorado. Hallmark or not, seems the court acknowledged Mother's Day as observed by a majority. MOO

Barry Morphew Will Stand Trial For Murder Of Wife Suzanne

Sept 17, 2021

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– The judge presiding over Barry Morphew’s preliminary hearing said there is probable cause for first-degree murder and the case will go to trial. He was arrested for the murder of his wife Suzanne in May.

[..]

On Friday, after hearing arguments from both the defense and prosecutors Murphy said while the evidence presented means it’s possible, he could have committed the crime, he cannot say for certain a jury would find him guilty. Based on this fact, Murphy said he was obligated to set bond for Morphew.

[..]

Murphy laid out many reasons why he believed first-degree murder was likely in the case, citing texts in the months leading up to Suzanne’s disappearance where she stated she was fearful. She said she was scared of Barry, that he was unstable, and Murphy said that fact alone makes it more likely that he was capable of harming his wife.

He also pointed out that on May 10, the day Suzanne went missing, while the Broomfield ordinance doesn’t allow construction work on Sundays, Barry knowingly went anyways and told investigators he spent around 5 hours in his hotel watching TV.

[..]

Murphy said it makes no sense why he would leave his wife alone on Mother’s Day to drive to a job site he knew he couldn’t work and watch TV for most of the day.

He also pointed to the many discrepancies in statements made by Barry Morphew. One example he provided surrounded the dart gun.

On May 28, 2020 Barry Morphew said he never used his tranquilizer darts in Colorado, but later, on March 5 of this year, Morphew said he would use those darts on deer for antlers.

Murphy did go back to the reason he set bond, “Is he in danger of a jury verdict for first-degree murder?” Murphy said he couldn’t say with certainty and that there were multiple scenarios that cannot, at this point, be proved true or false:

1. Morphew murdered his wife and disposed of her body
2. Suzanne has purposely disappeared (Murphy believes this is unlikely).
3. Someone else killed her – Murphy says the DNA found in her car is evidence this is at least a possibility

Murphy also reminded the court that there is no direct evidence linking Barry Morphew to the murder, no witnesses, no forensic evidence and he has not admitted to the crime. He says while the home security system was dibbled [disabled], it was Suzanne Morphew’s DNA on the cords to the security system. There was also unknown DNA detected on her bike and in the backseat of her car.

He also pointed to the many discrepancies in statements made by Barry Morphew. One example he provided surrounded the dart gun.

On May 28, 2020 Barry Morphew said he never used his tranquilizer darts in Colorado, but later, on March 5 of this year, Morphew said he would use those darts on deer for antlers.

He told so many lies that I forgot about this one, and it's big.

Barry claimed later on that he had used tranquilizer darts just weeks before Suzanne disappeared.

But here, he claimed that he had never used them at all in Colorado.

There is absolutely no innocent explanation for this.

FYI...

Fremont County is one of the 64 counties in the U.S. state of Colorado. As of the 2020 census, the population was 48,939. The county seat is Cañon City. The county is named for 19th-century explorer and presidential candidate John C. Frémont. Wikipedia

It's also home to six Colorado Dept of Corrections facilities (prisons) so there's that for convenience-- in addition to the DA's office.
Isn’t P.Frazee currently housed in Fremont County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeeeeeeeen