Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge has ruled #BarryMorphew trial will NOT be held in Chaffee County. For now, the scheduled May murder trial will be in Fremont County which is still in the 11th Judicial District. LUNCH: Former agent Cahill is still on the stand questioned about the DNA investigation.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1488590043639914497?s=21

Oh my, this gives me chills. What would be perfect is if they could prove he sent some of those texts and if they can show that, they will be able to show premedication. He was setting up a plan ahead of time with pool chemicals, and hiking. Then he could say to LE, he hiked with his wife and picked up the pool chemicals like she asked.. he was the good little husband. No issues here even though she texted about divorcing him, look we had pizza, we hiked, she forgot all about the awful person I am we had a great Saturday night too.. gag.

I just tried to do it and could only find FaceTime, but I believe there's a way to simply audio call from another device on the iCloud as well. My FaceTime I just did showed on my phone as simply a FaceTime from my husband's phone, same as if he had used his phone to call me. :/

Now, of course, I'm considering those strange middle of the night calls to and from SM's phone on May 8 and I'm wondering if he was back there, in his spy hole by the river, testing it all out when he knew she'd be asleep and too groggy to notice.

Preliminary Hearing Tweets – Find Suzanne Morphew

Someone was asking recently about an outgoing call from Suzanne's phone on the 10th at 2:53AM.. I found a note of it in tweets from the PH. At the link above on the far left column, not very far down is the note of a tweet with the outgoing call referenced.

More bond modification to allow his travel to Fremont County.
I know it's necessary but coupled with his smug face grinning yet again, when he enters the courthouse on a first degree murder charge, it's just bloody infuriating.

Lunch until 1:15 pm. Defense is allowed 30 additional minutes on cross examining Cahill. It is quite the process. Iris said that things are taking a lot longer than expected because of the witness's "memory problems". The picture painted so far is a bit disheartening but i always feel like that until i think things through.

Preliminary Hearing Tweets – Find Suzanne Morphew

Someone was asking recently about an outgoing call from Suzanne's phone on the 10th at 2:53AM.. I found a note of it in tweets from the PH. At the link above on the far left column, not very far down is the note of a tweet with the outgoing call referenced.

Yep, if you try and open the call log by touching it, it automatically places an outgoing call. I think this is what happened then.

Let's take a moment to step into perspective.

Marriages come to an end.

People cheat, people grow apart, people behave...like people. And they divorce. It hurts, they heal.

They don't kill.

Suzanne's affair, all moral judgment aside, is smoke.

Barry wasn't going to let Suzanne go. Not before JL, not after. He wouldn't discuss it. He made her feel bad for being unforgiving. IMO he used religion to manipulate her. He used guilt, he used their children, he used threats, he used love bombing, he used money. And you know what else? In his limited defense, I think Barry himself didn't know that that's not how it's supposed to be. He controlled things for a long time. I think Barry thought control was love. Barry still thinks control is love.

When he could no longer control Suzanne (with money, trips, manipulations, fast talk, gaslighting, religion, pity), he labeled HER unloving.

So backwards. But to me, it reveals how he thinks and it shows how very trapped Suzanne was.

Barry is "better" than the rest of men because HE doesn't believe in divorce.

Sadly IMO he doesn't even know what marriage is.

Let this be a lesson for the rest of us.

Do not keep family secrets. Trust someone. If your relationship is fraught with manipulation, confide in someone. It'll help maintain sanity. (Manipulators are crazy-makers.) Document, document, document. It might be the only voice of yours left. And when you're ready to leave, have an escape plan.

If only Suzanne could've found a DV helpline who could've helped her get away before ever leaving Indiana...

But like so many women before (and after) her, she knew he was capable of making her life hard, I don't think she thought he'd make her life over.

Suzanne didn't die because she had an affair. Suzanne died because she married Barry.

It's that simple. And that tragic.

JMO

Last edited:
Barry Morphew case moved to Fremont County

On Tuesday, video and audio recordings from the August evidentiary hearing will be released containing footage from the first day Suzanne Morphew went missing, Mother's Day 2020. Included in the release will be video of sheriff's deputies when they found Suzanne Morphew's abandoned bicycle.
Oh yes!!!! Bam!! We've been waiting for these!!

I would imagine that Barry seems lighthearted today as he is probably liking this judge better than the last one. He even wears a tie for this judge.

Anxious as everyone to see those bodycams, etc. released today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeLuvr_89