Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the defense gets the trial moved to a new county, with a new DA, will the new DA have to get caught up? Hence a delay?

Advantage, defense.

Seems like this defense team won't miss a beat, anything to delay the trial.

That there is why they get paid the big bucks.

Barry's best bet for freedom is on this side of a trial.

JMO
So far everything has gone pretty much as scheduled last year. My guess is there won't be any delays. So far defense has asked that the trial start a week earlier so I'm not getting the sense they want to delay. It seems to be a familiar refrain, but I'm not seeing any evidence that defense is doing everything possible to delay...

I'm not sure but I just texted my phone from my husband's laptop (logged into his iCloud) and it showed up on my phone exactly like his other texts do.

I’ve worked in computer security the last few years. While computer/phone forensics wasn’t my specialty, we did have forensic people on our team. I’m pretty sure where the message originated from, would show up in a log on the computer and probably the sending phone, if our forensic guys were looking for it. Your computer and smarty phone log everything and most people have no idea how to turn logging off

Confession time. The only time I call my spouses phone is when she can't find it, so I make it ring. Neither of us like to talk on the phone, though and the data would reflect that on both of our phones. We mostly text or use Messenger to communicate when not together.
Same here. We do talk on our cell phones if we have something that is too complex to communicate through text and we're not in the same geographic location. But I do have to call my husband's phone frequently...he's notorious for not keeping it charged, not keeping it with him, doesn't know where it is...he rather hates being "connected" and available to others....I attribute that to his year's as a public servant...dodge those calls :) from the public!

I'm taking my own moment to consider the AUDACITY.

How many people were manipulated? The concern, the love, the people who couldn't fathom anything bad happening to Suzanne, being misled from the start.

A total disregard for their feeling.

A sport coat and tie won't fix that.

JMO

Confession time. The only time I call my spouses phone is when she can't find it, so I make it ring. Neither of us like to talk on the phone, though and the data would reflect that on both of our phones. We mostly text or use Messenger to communicate when not together.
In this day and age, I learned to disregard "phone calls" and/or lack of as a serious matter during another case where the lack of phone calls between a couple was countered with records showing the victim's communication pattern over 24 months showed phone calls at only 2% (mostly professional/non-personal contact) versus iMessaging and other apps using her phone instrument!

I’ve worked in computer security the last few years. While computer/phone forensics wasn’t my specialty, we did have forensic people on our team. I’m pretty sure where the message originated from, would show up in a log on the computer and probably the sending phone, if our forensic guys were looking for it. Your computer and smarty phone log everything and most people have no idea how to turn logging off

What about the fact that they don't have her phone or Barry's alternate device though? Is there anyway to tell the origin IP or whatever from the iCloud data alone?

Interesting ruling on change of venue! Extreme findings! I'd bet the defense will do more research, then point out to Judge L that Fremont County is another small community covered by the same local media he found problematic in Chaffee, and another community in which Linda Stanley is popular. Fremont does have maybe double the potential jurors, so Judge L must be intending to rely heavily on expanding the jury pool to manage the effect of publicity

I'm taking my own moment to consider the AUDACITY.

How many people were manipulated? The concern, the love, the people who couldn't fathom anything bad happening to Suzanne, being misled from the start.

A total disregard for their feeling.

A sport coat and tie won't fix that.

JMO
Many innocents became part of BM's collateral damage. BM wears that cloak of arrogance and entitlement well. MOO

Interesting ruling on change of venue! Extreme findings! I'd bet the defense will do more research, then point out to Judge L that Fremont County is another small community covered by the same local media he found problematic in Chaffee, and another community in which Linda Stanley is popular. Fremont does have maybe double the potential jurors, so Judge L must be intending to rely heavily on expanding the jury pool to manage the effect of publicity
They can try (no doubt they won't) but I don't think Judge Lama needs much education on the home of his own bench.

https://twitter.com/marcsallinger/status/1488624678788812805?s=21

NEW: @9NEWS has obtained body cam videos from first moments after #SuzanneMorphew was reported missing

Videos were played in court during prelim hearings for #BarryMorphew and have been released to public for the first time

This video shows deputies discovering Suzanne's bike

Do you know if LE would be able to analyze the phone data and know that certain texts did not come from her device and instead came from this additional device he had on the account? That is my main question. If it can be proven the texts didn't come from her phone, but came from his extra device and made to look like it was coming from her phone, then there is a big problem for him.

I'm running behind today so if this was answered, my bad. If not, hope this helps.

These are the times when Barry accessed the unknown device in UTC time. From page 41
Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew

Dates this device was associated with Barry’s iPhone since May 5, 2020:

05/05/2020 12:48:34 PM (UTC-6)
05/10/2020 08:47:28 AM (UTC -6)
05110/2020 11:50:52 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 07:54:50 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 08:14:29 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 05:44;42 PM (UTC -6)
05/12/2020 05:58:11 PM (UTC -6)

The youngest daughter's boyfriend and father played a key early role here. The son cast doubt on the bike ride, based on the location where the bike was found (steep climb, and having to push your bike up the hill). He said it would be out of character for her to ride there, and indicated that she hadn't gone riding there before.

He also explained there were marital issues, and they had talked about separating according to the youngest daughter.

This would have obviously been key in catching Barry in those early repeated lies about the state of their marriage.

The boyfriend's father seems like a great guy, and prodded his son to be completely open and honest, despite being put in a bit of a difficult situation.

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

I’m in Salida this morning where Barry Morphew is in court as a judge decides whether to move his trial to a new location. His defense team has asked for a change of venue because of the publicity related to the case in Salida. I’ll tweet updates as I can #9News

8:17 AM · Feb 1, 2022

https://twitter.com/MarcSallinger
Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

Stepped out of court during a quick break… The judge has ruled the trial and all further court proceedings will take place in Fremont County Defense may still challenge this, saying the county is still within the same judicial district with the same district attorney

10:11 AM · Feb 1, 2022

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

NEW:
@9NEWS
has obtained body cam videos from first moments after #SuzanneMorphew was reported missing Videos were played in court during prelim hearings for #BarryMorphew and have been released to public for the first time This video shows deputies discovering Suzanne's bike
1:25 PM · Feb 1, 2022

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

Body cam video shows the moment #BarryMorphew arrived back home after #SuzanneMorphew was reporter missing "Was it a mountain lion," he asks a deputy He tells deputies he's been in Broomfield all day working on a construction project Barry is now charged with her murder
1:36 PM · Feb 1, 2022

The youngest daughter's boyfriend and father played a key early role here. The son cast doubt on the bike ride, based on the location where the bike was found (steep climb, and having to push your bike up the hill). He said it would be out of character for her to ride there, and indicated that she hadn't gone riding there before.

He also explained there were marital issues, and they had talked about separating according to the youngest daughter.

This would have obviously been key in catching Barry in those early repeated lies about the state of their marriage.

The boyfriend's father seems like a great guy, and prodded his son to be completely open and honest, despite being put in a bit of a difficult situation.
And we can rest assured the information from the boyfriend came from MM2. I don’t know how she feels about him talking to police now but I pray she can find the courage to tell the truth in court, despite loving her dad. And I also feel there were times when he was with MM2 at her home and overheard some arguing too.

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

I’m in Salida this morning where Barry Morphew is in court as a judge decides whether to move his trial to a new location. His defense team has asked for a change of venue because of the publicity related to the case in Salida. I’ll tweet updates as I can #9News

8:17 AM · Feb 1, 2022

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

Stepped out of court during a quick break… The judge has ruled the trial and all further court proceedings will take place in Fremont County Defense may still challenge this, saying the county is still within the same judicial district with the same district attorney

10:11 AM · Feb 1, 2022

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

NEW:
@9NEWS
has obtained body cam videos from first moments after #SuzanneMorphew was reported missing Videos were played in court during prelim hearings for #BarryMorphew and have been released to public for the first time This video shows deputies discovering Suzanne's bike
1:25 PM · Feb 1, 2022

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

Body cam video shows the moment #BarryMorphew arrived back home after #SuzanneMorphew was reporter missing "Was it a mountain lion," he asks a deputy He tells deputies he's been in Broomfield all day working on a construction project Barry is now charged with her murder
1:36 PM · Feb 1, 2022
Why would he automatically think it was a mountain lion when he didn’t ask where she was? He knew she was dead and he wanted LE to get on with the evening, believe him , go home, and forget Suzanne Morphew. That man is clueless.

Welcome!! Great post!

I would love to know and understand more about how someone can see someone else's phone and/or text as if they are using that phone when on another device. We know Barry had a second device and started using it in Nov 2019.. it's mentioned in the AA with times it was "connected" to his phone. We have discussed what it could be. I am not at all tech savvy so it's fascinating to me that he could have used another device to somehow maybe hack her phone and send messages from it. I have long wondered about the "wanna hike" texts that morning. I don't believe for a second that Suzanne wanted to hike with Barry. She didn't want to be alone with him so why would she suggest hiking TWICE? I would also be interested in the hot tub chemicals text.. she wanted him to grab chemicals, but they were found in her car?

On the second point about him resetting the FB password, I really do believe that she noticed something that morning. My FB sends an email when someone accepts a friend request. Maybe she received an email notification that so and so accepted a friend request and then she went to get on FB and couldn't so she reset her PW and he knew she knew.

There are several apps that will allow you to surreptitiously see someone elses screen or activity. Mostly designed for tracking your kids.

I don't think this was the case though. Barry is way more tech savvy than he wants you to think, but Suzanne was better. I have no doubt she would have noticed any software he tried to install on her phone. The other important thing, I don't have a date for when it happened, but Suzanne got her own Apple ID for her phone to keep him out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025