Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a rural area and it's free to take things to the dump. They watch you like a hawk, though. Except for household garbage, they have people check the bins every time something is put in.
That’s what is so odd about Barry’s many trash runs. I get it where you can’t throw a bunch of stuff in some random dumpster. But Barry pulls into the HIE, where he actually is a registered guest, and uses the dumpster. Why didn’t he throw everything in that one dumpster? Why was he driving all over using others when he had access and permission to use a dumpster yards from where he would be hanging out all day? Makes zero sense, unless, oh yeah there’s that.

BM could have easily transferred the spa purchase from his truck to the floor of her vehicle when he got home the first time or even after the blade change. Especially if he entered the garage to grab the tranquilizer dart and/or dart gun. It never made sense that BM would make a separate trip to town around 4 pm when DSI and SSS are only about 5 minutes from each other.

The only reason I say Barry went is because the store owners say he was there. If Suzanne picked up the chemicals when she got her tires put on, then wouldn't they remember her coming in. Even if the owners got their days mixed up, they remember seeing him there.

Let's say he did get the chemicals, why did he put them in her car?

I think she wasn't killed at PP.

That's the one smart part of his scheme. I think he moved her offroad with the ATV perhaps - to a prepared and known dump site.

The dogs might just be a false positive.

Others have suggested here that when he killed her (wherever that is) his clothing would have had some decomp on it. He got in the bobcat possibly barefoot (the police noted a bare footprint in it) and could have transferred some scent that way on the trailer and in the bobcat. I think this makes sense because 3 dogs alerted in the same area. If one dog did and others did not, I could see it being false, but all 3 when ran blindly through the area alerted in the same area on the trailer.

That’s what is so odd about Barry’s many trash runs. I get it where you can’t throw a bunch of stuff in some random dumpster. But Barry pulls into the HIE, where he actually is a registered guest, and uses the dumpster. Why didn’t he throw everything in that one dumpster? Why was he driving all over using others when he had access and permission to use a dumpster yards from where he would be hanging out all day? Makes zero sense, unless, oh yeah there’s that.

I'm guessing that all those items found together would look bad for BM. However, he didn't take into account that all the different trash runs looks just as bad. He must not have heard of the Dulos case.

The only reason I say Barry went is because the store owners say he was there. If Suzanne picked up the chemicals when she got her tires put on, then wouldn't they remember her coming in. Even if the owners got their days mixed up, they remember seeing him there.

I am going to agree with the other poster who said he took Suzanne's car to get the new tires and to pick up the spa stuff.

He must have felt whatever he dumped at the hotel is all clean and not going to be "evidence" I would think that dumpster would be the easiest to track down at the landfill or where ever it goes and potentially be able to be found. Why risk throwing away say his clothing with decomp on it at the hotel? I bet the most incriminating stuff was in the earlier dumps. He wanted rid of that stuff first.. maybe her phone or her personal items?

Do we know what date SM picked up Rx from Walmart? I was thinking that SM had not left home on Saturday morning but maybe she did go out and do the tires, pick up Rx, and Spa stuff on Saturday morning.
Lauren Scharf
[URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1429863188871499778/likes'][URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV']@LaurenScharfTV

Now speaking about prescription drugs found in the #Morphew home and Walmart surveillance on May 6 at 12:30 p.m. of Suzanne picking up a white paper bag at the pharmacy but none found in the home for that date.

1:48 PM · Aug 23, 2021·Twitter Web App

Retweets

[/URL][/URL]

Looking forward to an explanation on this. Or non-explanation, as the case may be.

Can you highlight the frame where you see this?

I think he is carrying something in his right hand as he approaches the drawer, IMO
It was on some live podcast the other night. I didn't see anything. I did hear the Sara wrap hit the drawer on one end then hit the drawer on the other end. To me it was a familiar sound I hear at my house. They were definitely making a bigger deal of it than it was in my opinion.

Store owners say he was, prosecution differs.

Also thinking out loud

It seems like he never actually came home for lunch that day? But was lurking around PP, before going to get the bobcat blade changed.

I wonder if he was observing SM?
Could he have been in the woods viewing her from a distance through the scope that he agreed was mounted on the 22?

As someone said earlier, the chemicals could have been purchased at Walmart too. We just don't know and we don't know why Suzanne had the containers in her vehicle. We just know that Barry allegedly was talking to the Spa store about repairs and Suzanne was texting about chemicals so could be two unrelated and separate things.

So on the 6th she had coffee with Mrs. Ritter earlier and that is the day she texted Barry the "I'm done" text. She tells Mrs. Ritter not to come over that week. She goes to town to get her prescription at Walmart.

Suzanne’s phone did not leave PP on Saturday at all (page 34 of the AA); I guess she could have run errands without it. There were 59 communications between Suzanne and JL that day, I am of the opinion that she never left the house.
Thanks @DizzyB. I don't think SM left the house on Saturday after confirming in the AA that there was no typo --SM did request BM get spa chemicals by text on Saturday.

Store owners say he was, prosecution differs.

I just think if Suzanne was the one to come into the store at any point in the previous 2 or 3 days, they would remember that. So while the day/time might be off from what the store owners recall, I think they have the right person coming in. Unless someone working at the store was unfamiliar with Suzanne and she did come in at some point.

As someone said earlier, the chemicals could have been purchased at Walmart too. We just don't know and we don't know why Suzanne had the containers in her vehicle. We just know that Barry allegedly was talking to the Spa store about repairs and Suzanne was texting about chemicals so could be two unrelated and separate things.

Oh okay. I wasn't aware this was something she could get at Walmart. I know nothing about hot tubs, pools, or the chemicals that may be used in them and where they can be bought! :)

Well, GMA (national news) just had clips from all the bodycam videos released yesterday, with typed call outs during it…like Barry saying “mountain lion?”.

So this judge who just changed the trial venue due to all the media coverage, now has given the national media more to work with. Glad to see it but don’t understand his reasoning.

Barry must be fuming watching this :rolleyes:

RBBM

Please. Please. :p:p

Any updates from anyone on Cahill's testimony and what happened in that long court afternoon this week? Zero and nada from Lauren which is astounding as she generally will tweet or do a FB live after court dates. The silence is deafening. I see they added a Jan 10 court date so maybe I have to wait but I haven't even heard if that motion is now fully presented and the 10th is a decision by the judge or if there is yet more testimony? Anybody know anything factual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper