Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered why I am so engrossed with this case compared to the previous big trials I've followed (Knox/Pistorius/McStay). Those cases had some very difficult evidence and convoluted trial tactics including appeals.

This case is in many respects far more obvious and yet ...

I think for trial junkies, this trial is going to be a doozy.

Au contraire re: Barry had an end of life plan for himself. Naw. Really? The plan was to end Suzanne's life. This way that things ended up, and Barry has already forgiven himself for anything, Barry is a millionaire with two gorgeous daughters (who is going to prison forever. Forever. Never ending; even til death.) There was forethought. Premeditation. Lots of planning.

I hope there's a photo of Suzanne wearing those black biking shorts Barry offered for the 3 necro bloodhounds that came to the property around the 3rd week. Each necro dog hit on the Bobcat with 1 hopping into the seat. Yet the skid is not involved, as of Aug 2021?

There hasn't been enough time to view videos for critique; however, wanted to mention that during the vid where Barry enters their PP home on the evening of May 10, and hustles to grab a plastic bag from the drawer, he drops something from his right hand into the drawer UNDER the saran wrap. jmho

There was no reason for Barry to move the box of saran wrap. He holds the box of saran wrap close to his left hip and drops something into the drawer with his right hand that may have come from his right leg pocket of the jeans as he scooted down the hall to the drawer for a baggie. It makes a noise as it hits the bottom of the drawer. - a v humble opinion

Barry may have had something on his person to rid himself of and plopped into that kitchen drawer so whatever it was, would not be traveling to the jail house with him (to be charged with when they empty his pockets?). What could it be? Lord.ee. This guy knows how to skirt the edge of the law.

moo and stuff, like speculations

Can you highlight the frame where you see this?

I think he is carrying something in his right hand as he approaches the drawer, IMO

I have been thinking about BM and SD, and I know some of us wonder if they may have been together longer than originally thought - and if this may have contributed to motive. I will be so interested to hear if any witnesses may know more about this. I would think that a man planning to murder his wife would be even more secretive than a normal philanderer, but maybe not at first? JMO

If BM got out of his truck and started hunting chipmunks, why didn’t he shut the truck door? If he is so concerned about the destructive vermin, wouldn’t he also be worried about them getting inside the truck, gnawing the electrics and playing havoc with his carefully curated trash collection?
moo

If BM got out of his truck and started hunting chipmunks, why didn’t he shut the truck door? If he is so concerned about the destructive vermin, wouldn’t he also be worried about them getting inside the truck, gnawing the electrics and playing havoc with his carefully curated trash collection?
moo
I'm wondering how accurate the report is that the door was open. What if BM closed the door lightly-- hoping not to be detected? What if he was carrying the spa chemicals just purchased to his garage and pushed the door closed with his back end? I'm thinking the countless times my dash says indicates that my door is ajar when it's not. (BM's equipment is a mess -- I can see dirty/dusty doors contributing to false read).

Children, children! Calm down! Please calm down! Sheesh, I just popped out to the butcher for some bones for our zoo critters, and here you are all in a tizzy!:D (I must say it's nice to be missed, though) It seems we do already have a jackass - but some people are equal to more than one, aren't they? Shall we add another half a dozen, seeing as it's Barry? And I've been meaning to let you all know how the "Websleuth Bobcaterwaulers" are coming along at our choir practices - fortunately some of them already knew the "Hallelujah Chorus", and so the rehearsals are going splendidly, and we should be ready in good time for our triumphant performance sometime in May or June. Tickets will be available soon, just indicate here if you would "like" some!:D
This is great Kemug :p

Well, GMA (national news) just had clips from all the bodycam videos released yesterday, with typed call outs during it…like Barry saying “mountain lion?”.

So this judge who just changed the trial venue due to all the media coverage, now has given the national media more to work with. Glad to see it but don’t understand his reasoning.

Barry must be fuming watching this :rolleyes:

RSBM
I have been thinking about BM and SD, and I know some of us wonder if they may have been together longer than originally thought
Me too @Kemug
I’ve also had random thoughts this week wondering if LE has the capability to retrieve Data from ANYONEs Mobile phones for any particular dates as they see fit or whether a lengthy process / warrant is required? I’ll probably Google that this weekend but just wanted to throw it out there.
Meanwhile this has been nagging at me all of this week. Does HIE have RIGID check in and check out times?
I’m asking because I’ve been looking at Hotel sites recently and most Hotels in Australia (possibly worldwide, I’m a little sheltered) say Check in 3pm Check out 10am (late check out on request)
But can an earlier check in be easily arranged ? And is there a record of that in HIEs systems? Because as I see it when Mr Morphew made the Hotel booking (and I still for the life of me don’t remember ever hearing when exactly that occurred and I think it’s important) he was going to need the Hotel room / s for Sunday evening in preparation for Monday 11th and wouldn’t have required being allowed in earlier than 3pm.

I am supremely tired today after a 4.30am shift but does anyone else see where I’m going with this one?

I believe this is possible. I think it was when BM collected MG at the Fitness Center for the beach site that she noticed what she thought was daughter's phone/iPod that was paired and/or inside BM's truck.

MG thinks it's the daughter's phone, but is it? If it weren't the daughter's phone, could BM have planted that idea or MG rationalized that it must be?

Do we know what date SM picked up Rx from Walmart? I was thinking that SM had not left home on Saturday morning but maybe she did go out and do the tires, pick up Rx, and Spa stuff on Saturday morning.
Suzanne’s phone did not leave PP on Saturday at all (page 34 of the AA); I guess she could have run errands without it. There were 59 communications between Suzanne and JL that day, I am of the opinion that she never left the house.

Barry's Top Priority 1: Hiding the body where it would not be discovered. That's his goal. He held ample opps to murder by having Suzanne isolated in a quaint, naive town protected by mountains and that quaint historical railroad

Barry's Primary Motive: Money, Freedom

Barry had to avoid stout odors and strong foul odors that attracted turkey vultures.

Barry, as much as possible, had to avoid cadaverine. I agree the hot tub could serve this purpose and explains the photo in the PH of his swim trunks.

Caderine is on the Bobcat, according to 3 necro bloodhounds. For AM searches, the dogs really showed out and alerted on several areas. It's the reason the concrete foundation at the beach site was dug up and inspected by CS Forensics.

Barry must dump a camo jacket and work boots for a reason and a purpose. I do believe he used the tree that came out of the plant container to mark her position that he tossed later at the HIE.

Stop reading here if you are sensitive to gruesome subjects. This is a possibility for the burial.

How long does it take to dissolve a human body?

**Fair Warning ** Sensitive Subject Follows**

If this plan was used, what type of container would one select for the corpse and the chemicals? I thought an old oil drum with a lid. Preparing a hole somewhere large enough for the oil drum is not a big deal in a heavy forested area, especially, if it's covered with a nice [Aspen?] sapling from the black tree container Barry chucked. Pile some boulders around the tree along with long pine needles. A sturdy oil drum will keep the topsoil from forming a dip. I have officially made myself feel physically ill.

moo this evening

Interesting theory. The topic of burying large objects has come up several times. I use to live next door to someone who buried a boat, an old gasoline holding tank (our state required all gas stations to upgrade), and a car. These are just items I saw him working on. There's likely more on his property. We moved to a more rural area. I've encountered, on separate occasions, a hot tub, a boat, and a car chassis dumped in the middle of the road. The boat was on a non-state maintained road, so had to be disposed of privately. In the end, it cost our community over $3000 to have it "salvaged" as the dump would not take it due to hazardous materials in the lines. (Our county does still except gutted fiberglass hulls for disposal, though most neighboring counties do not.) To dispose of things at the county dump, you have to pay by pound of goods dumped. If one is cash-strapped or a tightwad, one might be tempted to bury or roadside dump large objects. Certainly, BM had the skill set and habit of burying things. I could easily see him preparing a hole for a 50 gallon drum.

Could Suzanne have been sending out a "feeler" of a hike as a gauge to where or when BM would return home?
I like this line of thinking!
BM just doesn’t seem like the hiking or biking type
A little top heavy from gym contests and roids for cardio and nature appreciation unless he brings his gun to shoot some poor unsuspecting critter

MG thinks it's the daughter's phone, but is it? If it weren't the daughter's phone, could BM have planted that idea or MG rationalized that it must be?
I can't imagine anyone the age of their daughters leaving their phone plugged into a parent's vehicle or any vehicle when going anywhere. MM1 it would not be as she didn't live in Salida and MM2 was of the age that a phone is an appendage. ipod music players went out of fashion years ago with the rise of Pandora and then Spotify in the early 2000s along with playing from your phone in a vehicle and the advent of Bluetooth. They still work, so it's possible Barry found one of the old ipods and was using it but.... without seeing a picture it could have just as easily been a portable phone charger. Mine are oblong and slim like a phone and I have them in all the vehicles because we blow through phone battery so very very fast going in and out of service they are extremely cheap and handy. I have solar ones too in case of vehicle breakdowns in the middle of no where. But MG is "young" enough she should know what a portable charger looks like.

moo
You are right. They would.

Rbbm

Her wedding ring!!!!!

(He didn't want it on him and I'll bet he never thought they'd look down the house!)

(And I'll bet LE never looked under tinfoil !!!!!)

JMO

I thought he took her wedding ring from her and melted it. It was listed on her complaints about BM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Interesting theory. The topic of burying large objects has come up several times. I use to live next door to someone who buried a boat, an old gasoline holding tank (our state required all gas stations to upgrade), and a car. These are just items I saw him working on. There's likely more on his property. We moved to a more rural area. I've encountered, on separate occasions, a hot tub, a boat, and a car chassis dumped in the middle of the road. The boat was on a non-state maintained road, so had to be disposed of privately. In the end, it cost our community over $3000 to have it "salvaged" as the dump would not take it due to hazardous materials in the lines. (Our county does still except gutted fiberglass hulls for disposal, though most neighboring counties do not.) To dispose of things at the county dump, you have to pay by pound of goods dumped. If one is cash-strapped or a tightwad, one might be tempted to bury or roadside dump large objects. Certainly, BM had the skill set and habit of burying things. I could easily see him preparing a hole for a 50 gallon drum.

I live in a rural area and it's free to take things to the dump. They watch you like a hawk, though. Except for household garbage, they have people check the bins every time something is put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper