Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would also support LE’s assertion that he was at the Spa business BEFORE heading home. He quit at 11 am, took MG home and then picked up hot tub stuff and THEN headed home. The Defence is saying (as per store owners) that he was there after 5 pm which is unlikely. Why go directly home and then go back into town later when he was already close by?

Or did he take her car back into town to get the chemicals? Remember the bottles were in her car.. seems so odd. Her car data wasn't back at the time of the AA being written.

I think the camera were found in the safe. I’m still looking.

I had forgotten that they found a manual to a camera in a drawer right on top.
But not the camera. BM said he could not get it to work and could not recall when he bought it in relation to SM going missing.
I'm recalling the Mini Camera manual was located in BM's bathroom drawer -- the same mini camera SM was fearful BM was planting inside one of the animal mounts to spy on her.

Another question. Were the cameras in the safe from what we believed Barry had at the river front behind the PP house or were they from the home? Or both? What did they reveal? Not in the AA so we are left wondering. We have cameras on my back porch aka the Catio and I recall being freaked out that anyone in my home could have creeped on me. Hubby came out and turned camera away but I was unavoidably creeped out. I could have easily turned camera away. I was reading here and it made me fearful.
I think I replied to your post too fast lol. Without reading all the questions thoroughly. I found this in the AA but there is another interview I’m trying to find where Grusing asks BM why the FBI didn’t see him chasing chipmunks on the game cams and BM says they were in the safe.
Then Grusing said “ well how did you know the chipmunks were out there?”
And BM says “ oh they’re always there”.

Attachments

• EA23F3C9-9F5F-4071-8CD5-B0828576312B.jpeg
    EA23F3C9-9F5F-4071-8CD5-B0828576312B.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 12
Something is missing.
Something isn't right.
I'll be right back.

I had to fire up my lap top to get into my timeline.

The AA gives the "gist" of the most important facts. The AA has it own purpose. It doesn't need alllll the details.

I knew something was missing!!
--------------------------------------

9:49-50 AM: Call from BM to SM. BM calls SM 11x, no return calls from SM

9:50 am BM text to SM: Want to go on hike?

9:52 am SM to BM, Where? (She gets no response)

10 am SM got summer tires on Range Rover

10:36 am SM to BM : Wanna meet to hike?

10:48 am BM: No, coming home

10:49 am SM: Get hot tub stuff
I wonder if that message was supposed to be GOT. Then it makes sense. She did the tires, then got hot tub stuff. Incorrect spellings and auto correct could be why that message doesn't make sense yet the hot tub stuff is in Suzanne's car. moo

Or did he take her car back into town to get the chemicals? Remember the bottles were in her car.. seems so odd. Her car data wasn't back at the time of the AA being written.
BM could have easily transferred the spa purchase from his truck to the floor of her vehicle when he got home the first time or even after the blade change. Especially if he entered the garage to grab the tranquilizer dart and/or dart gun. It never made sense that BM would make a separate trip to town around 4 pm when DSI and SSS are only about 5 minutes from each other.

I wonder if that message was supposed to be GOT. Then it makes sense. She did the tires, then got hot tub stuff. Incorrect spellings and auto correct could be why that message doesn't make sense yet the hot tub stuff is in Suzanne's car. moo
Do we know what date SM picked up Rx from Walmart? I was thinking that SM had not left home on Saturday morning but maybe she did go out and do the tires, pick up Rx, and Spa stuff on Saturday morning.

Does anyone recall when SM’s sister said she received that lengthy and revealing text from SM? I thought it was Friday morning (5/8). I think it might be around the time the friend requests started to go out. I believe it was SM sending them. IMO

Something I found interesting in the AA is LE thought BM was making “end of life” decisions when he went through court proceedings to sell the properties and house after SM went missing. They thought he was preparing to end his own. IMO

Au contraire re: Barry had an end of life plan for himself. Naw. Really? The plan was to end Suzanne's life. This way that things ended up, and Barry has already forgiven himself for anything, Barry is a millionaire with two gorgeous daughters (who is going to prison forever. Forever. Never ending; even til death.) There was forethought. Premeditation. Lots of planning.

I hope there's a photo of Suzanne wearing those black biking shorts Barry offered for the 3 necro bloodhounds that came to the property around the 3rd week. Each necro dog hit on the Bobcat with 1 hopping into the seat. Yet the skid is not involved, as of Aug 2021?

There hasn't been enough time to view videos for critique; however, wanted to mention that during the vid where Barry enters their PP home on the evening of May 10, and hustles to grab a plastic bag from the drawer, he drops something from his right hand into the drawer UNDER the saran wrap. jmho

There was no reason for Barry to move the box of saran wrap. He holds the box of saran wrap close to his left hip and drops something into the drawer with his right hand that may have come from his right leg pocket of the jeans as he scooted down the hall to the drawer for a baggie. It makes a noise as it hits the bottom of the drawer. - a v humble opinion

Barry may have had something on his person to rid himself of and plopped into that kitchen drawer so whatever it was, would not be traveling to the jail house with him (to be charged with when they empty his pockets?). What could it be? Lord.ee. This guy knows how to skirt the edge of the law.

moo and stuff, like speculations

IMO, there's something mysteriously wrong with the bobcat subject in this investigation, For reasons unknown, it was like the state labeled the bobcat topic the elephant in the room, equivalent to the strange uncle that's off-limits because he pays granny's assisted living tab in a really nice place. It barely had honorable mention in the AA!

Seriously, we're talking the bobcat that for all intents and purposes was nothing short of an appendage to BM-- yet it seemed that Agent Grusing couldn't shut down the topic fast enough and the defense had to settle on asking the agent to read the sentence from page 41 into the record (i.e., bobcat not connected). And now, after seeing the defense exhibit, it's even more of a conundrum. :eek:

I remember the first thing I did when the AA was released was turn to page 41!

Just my opinion . . .

I think the evidence and the processing of it will continue for some time, and probably after the case goes to trial. This includes the analysis of the Bobcats movements over MDW.

FWIW, I went poking around various Bobcat forums, trying to find out if those working in Building and Trades would swap SIM cards between like machinery; i.e. between Bobcats, sometimes ASAP because they were needed at a different job.

I read that this might be done because machines would be needed at different construction sites. Obviously, there is limited construction equipment; we know how expensive these machines can be.

Since this case began, DH and I have noted Bobcat machines everywhere when taking our daily walks.

BM has had his Bobcat for some time. I would not put it past him to swap SIM cards at all to cover his tracks.

LE may be trying to find if - and when - Barry swapped SIM cards. If they are trying to track down other SIM cards, they are definitely looking for a needle in a haystack.

Again, JMVHO.

Last edited:
The first time I read BM's invite to hike, I thought SM's response asking where, and then suggesting to meet was a clear indication that SM desired input and to meet at a mutually agreeable location. I thought his silence told SM and the rest of us reading that BM was unhappy that it was the new, strong, version of SM responding when he wanted the old SM that simply deferred to him and was grateful for the invite. I agree that meeting would defeat BM's purpose.

I hate to say this, but I'm wondering if he wasn't planning to hike up some very mountainous terrain with her, and cause her to have an "accident" . . . IIRC, one of her texts indicated that, "he had a leg injury, but yet, he was on a mountain top".

JMVHO.

Just my opinion . . .

I think the evidence and the processing of it will continue for some time, and probably after the case goes to trial. This includes the analysis of the Bobcats movements over MDW.

FWIW, I went poking around various Bobcat forums, trying to find out if those working in Building and Trades would swap SIM cards between like machinery; i.e. between Bobcats.

I read that this might be done because machines would be needed at different construction sites. Obviously, there is limited construction equipment; we know how expensive these machines can be.

Since this case began, DH and I have noted Bobcat machines everywhere when taking our daily walks.

BM has had his Bobcat for some time. I would not put it past him to swap SIM cards at all to cover his tracks.

LE may be trying to find if - and when - Barry swapped SIM cards. If they are trying to track down other SIM cards, they are definitely looking for a needle in a haystack.

Again, JMVHO.
Could that be why he was looking at that other machine on his way home? Not to purchase but to borrow a part? Hmmm

He probably thought he could pass a lie detector test if there was “a little bit of truth in every lie”.
I think Barry's more than just a narcissist - even though there's a sliding scale as to how deeply prevalent the personality disorder is. IMO, he's at minimum a sociopath. They start to believe their lies. I too think he could've passed a lie detector.

He was actually smart enough to refuse to take one. He of course lied about not being asked to take one, which fooled very few of us on here.

It didn't matter though, as he made a much bigger mistake:

He talked to investigators over and over...
I think his refusal to retain a lawyer was due to the simple exchange with a LE agent (can't think of his name) where Barry asked if he should get a lawyer (paraphrasing) and he said something to the effect that only if he's guilty he'd need one.
He thought he had everyone in his pocket. Dummy didn't know that's how they work AND didn't think LE agencies talk to one another to compare notes aka different versions of the so-called truth aka lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper