Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he sure wanted those cameras back. In fact they were on his wishlist.
Another question. Were the cameras in the safe from what we believed Barry had at the river front behind the PP house or were they from the home? Or both? What did they reveal? Not in the AA so we are left wondering. We have cameras on my back porch aka the Catio and I recall being freaked out that anyone in my home could have creeped on me. Hubby came out and turned camera away but I was unavoidably creeped out. I could have easily turned camera away. I was reading here and it made me fearful.

Something is missing.
Something isn't right.
I'll be right back.

I had to fire up my lap top to get into my timeline.

The AA gives the "gist" of the most important facts. The AA has it own purpose. It doesn't need alllll the details.

I knew something was missing!!
--------------------------------------

9:49-50 AM: Call from BM to SM. BM calls SM 11x, no return calls from SM

9:50 am BM text to SM: Want to go on hike?

9:52 am SM to BM, Where? (She gets no response)

10 am SM got summer tires on Range Rover

10:36 am SM to BM : Wanna meet to hike?

10:48 am BM: No, coming home

10:49 am SM: Get hot tub stuff
Ok, this makes sense now. Is this a mix of prelim and AA?

Something is missing.
Something isn't right.
I'll be right back.

The AA gives the "gist" of the most important facts. The AA has it own purpose. It doesn't need alllll the details.

In my notes I have:
"I feel BM wanted to take her on a "hike" and kill her and bury her. But, he wasn't expecting SM to say"where?" He can't say where because that defeats the purpose. Thus why he doesn't answer her question."

This question may seem stupid but really the only stupid ones are those not asked. Did Barry have a regular trailer that he hauled whatever on or was it a trailer devoted to only his precious bobcat? He had a lot of things so I’m confused as to whether this trailer was loaded with different things or separately? Did the Bobcat have its own trailer or was it loaded on a separate one and if so has it been accounted for?
We know the trailer had gravel and dirt in/on it so is this what led LE to pursue the dig at the beach site?
Since the dogs hit on the bobcat irrefutably is this why Agent Grusing shut down the conversation because although they didn’t have concrete proof that the Bobcat was involved in some way they were awaiting results? He knew in his heart and mind but wasn’t required to disclose while awaiting forensics?
MH1 and MH2 are heroes. IMO also if MH2 and MM2 are no longer a couple, will be interesting to see what both MHs bring to the conversation. Kudos to any parent who encourages their kids to tell the whole truth. Teenage life and parenting them is hard enough but throw this into the mix and a total nightmare. Wondering if either or both are on the witness list if anyone knows. Seems Barry may have killed two chipmunks with one shot. He kills his wife and his daughter’s boyfriend is eliminated from the scenario. Not much need to question her virginity when you eliminate the boyfriend. I hope the MH family are strong and well. They certainly cared more about Suzanne’s missing status and safety than Barry. They likely worry about the girls more than we do.

From aerial photos/videos of PP, it's evident that BM had at least one flatbed trailer for construction/landscape materials and another trailer devoted to transporting his beloved bobcat. The bobcat trailer was specifically referenced in the AA when investigators could not locate a jack for the trailer hitch but later discovered that BM used the bobcat to lift the hitch making the jack redundant.

Also from the aerial views, one can see that BM planted a spot of evergreen trees in the driveway, sufficient distance from the rock wall to act as a privacy wall where BM faithfully parked the bobcat and transport trailer behind the trees and next to the rock wall, and out of view. (Probably an HOA requirement).

IMO, the dog alerts on the bobcat trailer would not likely suffice for probable cause for a judge to sign a search warrant to dig up the river house construction site. The residual debris from the undercarriage of the bobcat and traction tires could be the source of all sorts of animal decomp. I'm recalling that there were dog alerts at piles of mountain rock at the Longhorn Ranch-- probably for the same reason. I believe these rocks were located on property owned by others.

The 500+ witness list was released earlier and I'm pretty sure all three Harvey adults are on the list. Relative to MH2 and MM2 no longer dating, most 16 yr old romances don't survive past high school under the best conditions. According to the latest court order allowing BM to travel to Gunnison County, we know that MM2 no longer resides in Salida. I wish both these kids well. MOO

No, I'm saying a lot of people are misrepresenting the amount of residual dirt and gravel on the trailer. It's not that much.

View attachment 332382
See it for yourself.

Again:
3:25

Okay! I misunderstood then! :) Thanks for clarifying. I wonder if they took some of that dirt (no matter how small it is) in case they ever find Suzanne and they can compare the soil from her location and maybe that dirt. It would likely be from the last place he ever dug. I do think some of the bobcat data is missing from the defense evidence they submitted. He would have had to turn it on to remove it from the trailer and the last time we see it moving on the defense evidence is at the repair place.

Something is missing.
Something isn't right.
I'll be right back.

This would also support LE’s assertion that he was at the Spa business BEFORE heading home. He quit at 11 am, took MG home and then picked up hot tub stuff and THEN headed home. The Defence is saying (as per store owners) that he was there after 5 pm which is unlikely. Why go directly home and then go back into town later when he was already close by?

Well he sure wanted those cameras back. In fact they were on his wishlist.
Another question. Were the cameras in the safe from what we believed Barry had at the river front behind the PP house or were they from the home? Or both? What did they reveal? Not in the AA so we are left wondering. We have cameras on my back porch aka the Catio and I recall being freaked out that anyone in my home could have creeped on me. Hubby came out and turned camera away but I was unavoidably creeped out. I could have easily turned camera away. I was reading here and it made me fearful.
Ok....how can decomp be on the trailer and bobcat but not a truck... Hmmm...

Let's say for argument sake it was on his knee cap. He kneels down to unhitch something then gets in his bobcat to move it off the trailer.

In his truck his kneecap may never touch his truck. But....in the smaller space inside a bobcat his kneecap touches something. Same thing can be said of an elbow etc.....
Sadly I’m envisioning Barry on bended knee. Oh Suzanne. Then thinking to himself what have I missed? Loser!

I may have missed it but did he give a reason for disabling the cameras out there? Oh I see Murphy1950 asking the same above. It does seem odd to me this sudden need to remove them on that day when he enjoyed watching them so much.
He was about to kill his wife and wouldn't want that documented now would he.. such a coward and awful human being.

I think the camera were found in the safe. I’m still looking.

I had forgotten that they found a manual to a camera in a drawer right on top.
But not the camera. BM said he could not get it to work and could not recall when he bought it in relation to SM going missing.

Attachments

• 75435B88-4BB6-41CA-8705-5C2403E33239.jpeg
    75435B88-4BB6-41CA-8705-5C2403E33239.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 0BD38A83-9B08-4B71-84AD-51008028BEF9.jpeg
    0BD38A83-9B08-4B71-84AD-51008028BEF9.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 8
In my notes I have:
"I feel BM wanted to take her on a "hike" and kill her and bury her. But, he wasn't expecting SM to say"where?" He can't say where because that defeats the purpose. Thus why he doesn't answer her question."
The first time I read BM's invite to hike, I thought SM's response asking where, and then suggesting to meet was a clear indication that SM desired input and to meet at a mutually agreeable location. I thought his silence told SM and the rest of us reading that BM was unhappy that it was the new, strong, version of SM responding when he wanted the old SM that simply deferred to him and was grateful for the invite. I agree that meeting would defeat BM's purpose.

I may have missed it but did he give a reason for disabling the cameras out there? Oh I see Murphy1950 asking the same above. It does seem odd to me this sudden need to remove them on that day when he enjoyed watching them so much.
So maybe the cameras were hidden in the house. He saw/overheard something that set him off and he tore down all the cameras. If he was that obsessed with watching SM I guarantee she was correct in her synopsis. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper