Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The AA states on May 6th between 2:43-5:00pm Barry sent Suzanne the suicide text which he later deleted from his phone.
Page 39/129 AA

Perhaps in her plan to move forward -the I'm done text- she decided to meet and walk with him in hope to set a new dynamic for working through the many issues that would need to be settled. It was her attempt for civility.
The suicide threat is so big. We know it's not the first time he used it either.

I've followed so many domestic murders where the perpetrator threatened suicide before resorting to homicide.

At best (for him), it shows stunning emotional immaturity. At worst, it's one of those hallmarks of this type of crime.

So many great thoughts, everybody.

It just occurred to me that LE seemed to put together Barry's trash runs based solely on his phone. Not his vehicle.

There is a missing chunk of time in the morning of MD where he is in his truck but his phone is in airplane mode. Maybe he didn't travel far to the left at all? Were there dumpsters and trash cans he could drive right up to, without exiting the vehicle?

Poncha Market? Any trash/dumpsters by MG's?

(Any chance he was thinking about picking her up at 4/5am, despite a truck bed of debris, but decided better of it?)

As for trash runs, surely he didn't want it all in one bin, but also I think he realized that a guy throwing a bag of trash away at McDonald's is a different look than a guy throwing away 5 loads of trash at McDonald's. Most of us wouldn't even register the first. We'd remember the second.

JMO

Maybe on the 5th or 6th Suzanne met MG, SD or someone, that knew Barry fairly well(intimately) and revealed some telling info about his shenanigans. Or she caught on at the moment. It does seem like something on or about that time frame triggered her to accelerate ending things with Barry.

Is there anything in the AA regarding the house Barry was paying rent on? Wasn't it wherre SD was actually residing at? Some financial details could solidify quite a bit of the timeline. When did he start paying rent, was there other houses he rented? I think SD (or someone) may be more involved than we know or what has been let on.

The suicide threat is so big. We know it's not the first time he used it either.

I've followed so many domestic murders where the perpetrator threatened suicide before resorting to homicide.

At best (for him), it shows stunning emotional immaturity. At worst, it's one of those hallmarks of this type of crime.

This!

Plus, threats of suicide, when used as a tool of control, place a heavy burden on the other and leave the other thinking the threat involves the one, hurting himself. And no one else.

I don't think she felt safe with him (unless they were in public) but I don't think she realized her very life was in danger. I think she may have thought his was.

JMO

I can't help thinking about the ring, because I am a magpie and like shiny things.

I think Suzanne took off her ring, coinciding with the I'm Done texts. I think BM is happy to let people think it's still on Suzanne's finger, wherever she may be. I bet it's not, though, and BM knows the story of the ring. I am not convinced that the trip to MX was just a holiday. I think BM may have had some manner of business there. Although MX is not known for their discreet banking system, where there is a will, there is a way. And money opens doors. And money can be wired easily anywhere, especially if it's cash that you don't declare when you cross borders. Or if you want to make a deal for precious metals. MX is I think the biggest silver producer in the world, thriving silver business, I do know.

MOO pure speculation

Last edited:
I've wondered about that, and the wanna hike texts. Maybe Suzanne felt safer around him when they were out of the house, especially if they had something to talk about that she knew he would blow up over. Before I knew about the dart and the frantic runs around the property, I considered that he may had gotten her to go for a hike and pushed or threw her down a mine shaft or off a cliff or something. Been more than a few cases of those that a crime buff would know about.

I don't think anyone would mistake SD for Suzanne, so I don't think it was her with BM at the dumpsters that the property manager lady or whatever she was, ran into. Wouldn't LE have asked her to verify who she spoke to using a picture of Suzanne?
moo
I actually think someone could confuse them if they didn't know Suzanne personally and had just seen the flyers... there are a enough similarities - she's average height like Suzanne, similar colored hair, slender, similar skin tone and at the same age of 50+ probably has a similar taste in clothes...BUT I do not think this happened during their walk on Wednesday I think the walk was Barry and Suzanne.

This breakfast in bed detail bothers me.

5/9.

I seriously doubt it happened. And I know Barry inserted the detail when he was trying to paint a picture of a happy marriage. I'm surprised he didn't include a bubble bath and rose petals but maybe he didn't get a chance to Google that.

But it made me wonder whether/when/if he ever did that. And the answer that came to me is of course he did.

But never when it was just him and Suzanne home and only when there was an audience, even if a young one.

I think he played the part of the perfect husband when others were watching (which is precisely why his inner circle and some outer circle folks struggle to think he'd be capable of murder) and IMO saved some of his worst treatment for behind closed doors, when they were alone, just the two of them. Hence Suzanne's fear, as reported to SO, her sister, hee 50 Reasons.

It's some of the worst kind of abuse to get breakfast in bed from the same man whose hand made contact with her face. It messes with the psyche.

JMO

Last edited:
Regarding BM trash digging at Poncha Springs Market on the 12th. Apparently he was there that evening after the store had closed and was caught red handed with his hands in the trash by PS market personnel that were still inside the store at the time. I’ve also thought it’s possible he was dumping the mysterious 2nd device considering it happens to be the same day the device was last used.
Snipped from article at link below:

Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala said.
Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

eta-clarity

So we DO know. Thank you!

I can’t imagine Barry encouraging that relationship. Imagine the position they were put in. I’m not surprised.
Does anyone really think Barry gives a damn about his daughters’ happiness? I sure don’t. IMO he only wants them around for the photo ops of the three of them walking into and out of court arm in arm.

Once Barry found out what the bf and and his father told LE, he was probably worried that the bf and his father might be able to convince MM that Barry killed her mother.

He was actually smart enough to refuse to take one. He of course lied about not being asked to take one, which fooled very few of us on here.

It didn't matter though, as he made a much bigger mistake:

He talked to investigators over and over...
He’s just so dumb. He should have taken that poly. He would have failed but we probably wouldn’t have heard about it and it wouldn’t be admissible at trial. He may have even cracked and confessed. At the least, it likely would have pushed him to get an attorney right away and he wouldn’t have yapped away to LE for hours and hours.

It’s kind of satisfying to think he’s dug his own grave.

I agree that Poncha was the last trash dump. I think it was the unknown device that last connected on the 12th.

I put the new color images where applicable. It's nice to finally have some detail.

Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew

Do you recall when the store owner came forward to say he stopped there was was digging in the trash? I would think that LE would search that dumpster then. 2 days later, I think he was already the person they were eyeing hard. He would be so dump to dump something then because he would have had it on him this entire time.. he didn't have access to his house or his truck right? Where would he have put this device for 2 days so LE didn't have it?

Just going to throw these out as I review them in case they spark some ideas we haven't considered before.

Forensic Files Season 2, episode 2. Son murders parents and uses both of their cars to dispose of the evidence. Mom's for cleanup, dad's for bodies. LE catches him by testing soil on mudflaps of dad's car which leads to their final resting place.

Season 4, Episode 4: Husband arrested for wife's murder and actually admits to the crime but is exonerated by a partial handprint of another criminal.

Season 5 episode 10- murder of various children in nursery using a paralyzing chemical called suxamethonium chloride. Now, this gave me pause and I started googling around. This drug has been known as "the perfect murder weapon," is used in wild animal control and is also used in dart guns. It metabolizes super quickly so it is very difficult to trace in human tissues. Can also be placed into drinks.

I'm not sure of the rules regarding what I can link but I've found some VERY interesting articles on pubmed about murders using this chemical compound.

He’s just so dumb. He should have taken that poly. He would have failed but we probably wouldn’t have heard about it and it wouldn’t be admissible at trial. He may have even cracked and confessed. At the least, it likely would have pushed him to get an attorney right away and he wouldn’t have yapped away to LE for hours and hours.

It’s kind of satisfying to think he’s dug his own grave.
Yup. And without him lying over and over, the data, cell phone evidence, surveillance footage, and the rest of it, would not have been enough.

The evidence proves his lies, but without the lies, then there's not much of a case.

Just going to throw these out as I review them in case they spark some ideas we haven't considered before.

Forensic Files Season 2, episode 2. Son murders parents and uses both of their cars to dispose of the evidence. Mom's for cleanup, dad's for bodies. LE catches him by testing soil on mudflaps of dad's car which leads to their final resting place.

Season 4, Episode 4: Husband arrested for wife's murder and actually admits to the crime but is exonerated by a partial handprint of another criminal.

Season 5 episode 10- murder of various children in nursery using a paralyzing chemical called suxamethonium chloride. Now, this gave me pause and I started googling around. This drug has been known as "the perfect murder weapon," is used in wild animal control and is also used in dart guns. It metabolizes super quickly so it is very difficult to trace in human tissues. Can also be placed into drinks.

I'm not sure of the rules regarding what I can link but I've found some VERY interesting articles on pubmed about murders using this chemical compound.
Yup, succinylcholine has been used in tons of cases. It's brutal as you're paralyzed, but you know what's happening to you.

We do know Barry had previously used and had access to BAM, which is why I think he used that and not succs.

Wasn't Wednesday the night that Suzanne and Barry were out walking and encountered a housekeeper dumping trash from a rental? I did not think there was anything in question on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday about who was where doing what.

Personally, I think this is worth examining. Pg 116 of AA indicates LE thinks SM and BM were not together Wednesday or Friday evening. Why would that be? Perhaps more info has come out since the AA was released to help pin down activity, but something was suspicious enough to note in the AA.

Yup, succinylcholine has been used in tons of cases. It's brutal as you're paralyzed, but you know what's happening to you.

We do know Barry had previously used and had access to BAM, which is why I think he used that and not succs.

You definitely could be correct....I also think the "reddish brown substance" found in the closet and at the corner of the garage could have been left by SM if she was shot and trying to run from him. Is BAM that color?

Definitely thinking he may have gotten the idea from this though, whatever he used.

Does anyone really think Barry gives a damn about his daughters’ happiness? I sure don’t. IMO he only wants them around for the photo ops of the three of them walking into and out of court arm in arm.

Once Barry found out what the bf and and his father told LE, he was probably worried that the bf and his father might be able to convince MM that Barry killed her mother.
Absolutely I he loves his daughters. There is zero, zilch, nada that points to the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess