Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All day today I've been pondering the Denver job and it's purpose. BM gets to the hotel super early in the morning when he was supposed to pick up MG that evening. Does some of his shady crap and then suddenly around 11 decides he needs more workers although he fully knows he doesn't have the equipment with him at the time for them to actually do anything. I'm trying to put myself in his shoes and think of why he decides to call MG and get her to recruit Jeff at that point. Cassidy is coming Monday, why was Jeff needed? In fact, having only MG there May 10th would have saved money on rooms since they would only need one instead of two.

Also, I have seen conflicting info about Jeff. Did BM specifically want Jeff or was that MG's call and BM merely specified bringing "someone else"? Did BM ask Jeff to call him directly or did Jeff decide to call Barry on his own?
Lets not forget...BM was working on that wall illegally, and knew it. "Preparing the jobsite without actually working, which was the original plan it seems...is one thing. But BM went to the job site, albeit for appearances sake and for a token period of time...but, he was there actually "working" for a matter of minutes. It could be that he was afraid of local authorities spotting him, which would have opened up another can of worms...and he removed himself from that location. His amateur awareness likely didn't trigger the thought that by simply claiming that he was at the jobsite for "hours"....even that would have triggered scrutiny when his alibi was checked out, since it violated local ordinances...and no inspector was on site.

<modsnip -double posted>
I'm going to change the subject for a brief moment.

In the AA Barry's statement at the beginning with LE is:

"We had a great night that Saturday before. We made love that night. There was nothing that happened at 2:30. I mean, I looked back. Nothing. We grilled, I grilled steak at probably five, six. We ate dinner. Went to bed. We made love."

I kept reading this over and over and over and I couldnt put my finger on it something isn't right. Or I'm missing something.

However, now I think I figured it out. He says nothing happened at 2:30, then go straight to 5 or 6 at night where he grilled.

He jumps over two-and-a-half to three and a half hours.

Why?

Why did he jump over that??

Because this is the missing info on her attack and death.

When he gave his statement to the police-- without even realizing it--he discussed a jump in time.
who and how many people tried to contact Suzanne from 2:30 till say 8pm or about t he time BM claims that they went to bed to "make love"? Particularly, did SO try to reach her? For a cell phone to go dark on a Saturday afternoon, with two people, supposedly at home, with two daughters away camping...and an upcoming wedding 24 hours away.....how does Barry "jump" that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I’m not concerned about this decision, because when Barry morphew gets in front of a jury it’s all over. Most of us have smart phones and have been in relationships that can make the distinction she didn’t use her phone Saturday because she couldn’t. I always look at patterns of behaviors and I suspect the jury will too.

They will understand both Suzanne's and Barry's patterns. Barry didn't have much phone activity in the weeks prior, but suddenly on the night of the 8 into the 9 and the 9th into the 10th he is pinging all over the property and his truck events are through the roof, yet he claims to be in bed asleep. All the day she goes silent. Very very telling.

who and how many people tried to contact Suzanne from 2:30 till say 8pm or about t he time BM claims that they went to bed to "make love"? Particularly, did SO try to reach her? For a cell phone to go dark on a Saturday afternoon, with two people, supposedly at home, with two daughters away camping...and an upcoming wedding 24 hours away.....how does Barry "jump" that?

I think even if she put the phone away Saturday night, wouldn't she respond to anyone that messaged her the night before she when she woke up Sunday, Mother's Day? Especially because of the wedding that day and her girls were driving home. Nobody I know of would just turn their phone off with their kids traveling. We at least have it on to receive messages and be alerted in case they need help or something comes up. He didn't factor those things in at all.

So sorry, @NothingSurprisesAnymore, yes I realised you were quoting Grusing, it's just that I'm not very good at the quoting/replying thing, and regularly stuff it up, with more/less text than I wanted :(Put it down to my advanced age! But yes, I should have noticed it, and edited it. Apologies again! I am now about to hit the "reply" button, and hope for the best!

Aww @Kemug no worries!
You sound such a delight!!

...and I'm definitely not a skilled poster
or tech savvy

I think even if she put the phone away Saturday night, wouldn't she respond to anyone that messaged her the night before she when she woke up Sunday, Mother's Day? Especially because of the wedding that day and her girls were driving home. Nobody I know of would just turn their phone off with their kids traveling. We at least have it on to receive messages and be alerted in case they need help or something comes up. He didn't factor those things in at all.

OMG I did not even think about that! No parent on earth would put their phone on airplane mode while their babies were traveling. Honestly, I don't know parents that do that period for that very reason- what if their kids have an emergency and need them?

I’m no techie but I think the 2nd device must be a phone. Burner ?
The first paragraph mentions an SMS ( text message) on May 8th.
And other dates associated with his phone are May 11 and May 12.
First used in 2019.
VERY curious!

could also be an iPad or laptop synced to an iCloud address. That allows for texts to be sent that look the same as from a phone.

While I don't know if Barry was able to monitor his wife's communications that weekend; it could be two things that held Barry's attention at the beach site Sat. morn but can it be proven?

On Fri. May 8, JL sends to Suzanne: "You look good in biker clothes. You should be my wife."

On Sat., May 9, Suzanne tells JL that they "should be husband and wife."

Would this be tolerated? Was Barry going to allow Suzanne to live under his roof while talking sugah with another man? Was the very idea of Suzanne marrying another man enough to push Barry to the edge of no return?

I think Barry always knew he would shut Suzanne down, for years, he'd known, and esp. when the cancer returned. She was done.

moo

100% with you. I think of everything that would piss BM off, talk of marriage with another man would absolutely send him over the edge. Even more so than just sex. I think seeing that would also confirm that SM was actually planning to leave him. As into $$$ as he is (I remember someone who was interviewed saying "don't get between Barry and his money" or something of that nature) can you imagine him thinking about her leaving and another man living off his dime or in a house that he was forced to pay for? No way.

Isn't there court today? Any ideas on timing or the discussions planned? I assume no live tweeting.

I am a bit giddy realizing that the trial is about 3 months away. Less than 100 freedom days! YAY

Registering my over/under here. Waiting on the defense to maneuver for a major delay.

I'm of the camp that Barry's greatest odds for freedom are on this side of trial.

JMO

BM says the breezeway is between the garage and laundry room.
BM says the breezeway is between the garage and laundry room.

This floor plan makes me crazy. It's like a mystery house trying to figure out which door goes where. Doors opening onto brick walls, doors into extra-dimensions where wives disappear to ...

I wonder if the place where Barry's living has a chipmunk problem.

Given his penchant for following rules, do we think he hasn't hunted a single animal since being told he couldn't?

Maybe borrow a weapon, didn’t know he couldn't?

No, really, sincere question, are the animals of Chaffee County safe, at least from him?

Hunting seems vital to him. But then so is money. And 500,000 monies is a lot of money to shoot away....

Maybe he's found a new way to mitigate aggression.

JMO

Must have been the PH. I don’t remember any tweets so maybe it was on an LS YouTube recap?
What I remember is MM2 text to SM saying Dad made biscuits and then SM replied like an hour later saying Just Woke up. When in fact she had been texting with JL at the time.
Must have been Defense bringing this up. JMO

I wish we knew the date on this. If the master bedroom is downstairs, this makes it seem more like SM may have been sleeping upstairs to me. Our house is two story and we do text each other but only if the other party is on a different floor.

I wonder if the place where Barry's living has a chipmunk problem.

Given his penchant for following rules, do we think he hasn't hunted a single animal since being told he couldn't?

Maybe borrow a weapon, didn’t know he couldn't?

No, really, sincere question, are the animals of Chaffee County safe, at least from him?

Hunting seems vital to him. But then so is money. And 500,000 monies is a lot of money to shoot away....

Maybe he's found a new way to mitigate aggression.

JMO
SEX. moo

This floor plan makes me crazy. It's like a mystery house trying to figure out which door goes where. Doors opening onto brick walls, doors into extra-dimensions where wives disappear to ...

I'm stymied by the door across from the bonus room. I'm calling it a coat closet but from the front, it looks like it might have a window? But also from the front, I don't see a jut behind which a coat closet or half bath could sit.

No half baths in the listing however so there's only one bathroom on the main level? Guests are SOL?

Oooop, there IS a half bath. That's got to be it there, across from the bonus room.

Based on my maths, the fact that it looks like it can only be 12 inches deep notwithstanding.

JMO

OMG I did not even think about that! No parent on earth would put their phone on airplane mode while their babies were traveling. Honestly, I don't know parents that do that period for that very reason- what if their kids have an emergency and need them?

Of course, him being the center of the universe around which his family orbits, this would never occur to BM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu