Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought, I wonder if the cadaver dogs hitting on the bob cat was because of BM. He would have sat in the seat and also touched near the blade when he used the bob cat to detach the trailer.

But I guess if that were the case, dogs would have hit at other locations around the house?

This is precisely why I theorize he never re-entered the house. All the vehicle activity Saturday night IMO was preparation so as to avoid re-entry.

I think Barry monkeyed with the Bobcat Sunday morning (is there a monkey in the zoo? Lots of monkeying). I think he stripped out of his overnight work clothes (the boots, the camo jacket, etc), leaving cadaverine and a bare footprint behind.

I think he decontaminated in the hot tub to avoid going inside. Heck, Suzanne's towel may have been laying right there!

What was WRONG with the hot tub, I wonder. Spitting out too much bromide?? Anyone, anyone?

It seems obvious to me -- between sitting in his Bobcat and sitting in his truck, he managed to shed cadaverine. I say hot tub.

JMO

Who's got a hot tub?

I'm gonna need a volunteer.

Sorry if it ruins your hot tub. But it's okay, I gotta guy --

Overload it with chlorine or bromide, careful you don't do anything chemically spectacular though. Gotta be safe.

Marinate a bit.

I need to know how lingering the scent on and about your person. I need to know what effect showering has. Does it seem like the scent is coming out of your very pores, that adding water almost exacerbates it?

How many showers? How many hotel-grade towels?

I thank you in advance for your service to our thread. Good of you to take one for the team.

JMO

Last edited:
This is precisely why I theorize he never re-entered the house. All the vehicle activity Saturday night IMO was preparation so as to avoid re-entry.

I think Barry monkeyed with the Bobcat Sunday morning (is there a monkey in the zoo? Lots of monkeying). I think he stripped out of his overnight work clothes (the boots, the camo jacket, etc), leaving cadaverine and a bare footprint behind.

I think he decontaminated in the hot tub to avoid going inside. Heck, Suzanne's towel may have been laying right there!

What was WRONG with the hot tub, I wonder. Spitting out too much bromide?? Anyone, anyone?

It seems obvious to me -- between sitting in his Bobcat and sitting in his truck, he managed to shed cadaverine. I say hot tub.

JMO
The house looked so neat-Barry’s stuff was the opposite. The garage, his truck, the chipmunk gun were all a mess. Did Barry pick up after himself? Take off his boots before entering? I think Barry spent most of his home time outside, in the garage, lurking around the grounds, maybe moving rocks. I cannot believe this man was capable of leaving no trace of what he did. But I think most of it happened outdoors, on his turf.

[URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']Ashley Franco@AshleyKKTV
[/URL]

Heads up for future hearings... No electronics are allowed in the courtroom at all. We will not be able to leave the courtroom until recesses are called. The hearing tomorrow is scheduled for 9:30. I'll be there and will try to update as much as possible. #BarryMorphew
Quote Tweet

z96Mnqyz_normal.png

CO Courts@CoCourts
· 16h
With the change of venue to Fremont County, a new page for 2022CR47 (People v. Morphew) has been posted: https://courts.state.co.us/Courts/District/Case_Details.cfm?Case_ID=3615…
3:38 PM · Feb 9, 2022

I'm no expert but I think responsible hunters/farmers/veterinarians who need to tranquilize animals also have the proper "antidote" on hand, administered to quickly rouse the animal to full alertness, lest they leave a half-sedated animal to stumble away, vulnerable to injury or prey.

Barry seems the sort to use tranquilizing as the first dance at the death prom.

JMO

There's a million dollar t-shirt design in there somewhere ...

BM is definitely inconvenienced at the Fremont County Justice Center. No special, upfront parking for him today.

This facility is home to more than the courtroom. It also houses the 11th Judicial District DA's office (Stanley).

What's the minimum sentence for 2nd degree? Reduced for time served and good behavior, what would we be talking?

I think we might hear of a plea at the 11th hour.

I don't see him ever admitting he did it, but what about an Alford plea? If the Prosecution were to accept it, it leaves him free to boast that he's innocent but he wanted to spare a trial, as if magnanimous.

Could he be out in less than ten?

Weirdly enough, I was thinking about how overused the Alford plea has gotten. It's like a State license to wrongfully convict in one hand and a Get Out of Jail Free Card in the other.

As it stands, the State has enough to lock Barry up for the rest of his life. He's lucky he waited to kill her in a state that abolished the death penalty in 2020. Indiana still has lethal injection.

#BarryMorphew headed into court for the first time in Fremont County following a change of venue.

Reminder: no phones allowed. Will update when able.
@KKTV11News
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1491808748637151236?s=21
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1491808748637151236?s=21

I thought no photography was allowed even outside.

C This ORDER applies to the entire Fremont County Justice Center and county property surrounding the Justice Center. The Justice Center property is defined as the building and public parking area.

II. PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO AND AUDIO RECORDING
a. No photography, or audio, or video recording of any kind is permitted within the courtroom or in the Justice Center.

Weirdly enough, I was thinking about how overused the Alford plea has gotten. It's like a State license to wrongfully convict in one hand and a Get Out of Jail Free Card in the other.

As it stands, the State has enough to lock Barry up for the rest of his life. He's lucky he waited to kill her in a state that abolished the death penalty in 2020. Indiana still has lethal injection.

Indiana's lethal injection meet Colorado's tranq dart.

JMO

I thought no photography was allowed even outside.
K
C This ORDER applies to the entire Fremont County Justice Center and county property surrounding the Justice Center. The Justice Center property is defined as the building and public parking area.

II. PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO AND AUDIO RECORDING
a. No photography, or audio, or video recording of any kind is permitted within the courtroom or in the Justice Center.

"Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission." I live by that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth