Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He overdosed the hot tub with bromide. Had to make sure to get the cadaverine off of himself. He took another shower or a few in Broomfield each time he changed his shirt and could have used bromide there, too. He must have smelled like an undiluted extra strength clorox bottle.:D

JMO

And yet he remained dirty.

Some things can't be washed off.

JMO

I thought no photography was allowed even outside.

C This ORDER applies to the entire Fremont County Justice Center and county property surrounding the Justice Center. The Justice Center property is defined as the building and public parking area.

II. PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO AND AUDIO RECORDING
a. No photography, or audio, or video recording of any kind is permitted within the courtroom or in the Justice Center.
I think the key word here is 'in' ....not allowed within the Courtroom or in the Justice Center

a. No photography, or audio, or video recording of any kind is permitted within the courtroom or in the Justice Center.

b. NO LIVE REPORTING OF ANY KIND is permitted from the courtroom or in the Justice Center.

MOO

Sorry if facts are out there that I missed- that pic of Barry’s truck hauling the bobcat on 5/9-do we know exactly when the bobcat was unhitched and left at PP?

May 09, 13:46 – Barry and the backhoe
After texting, Barry drove by Tim Klco's house to see the backhoe, but did not get back in touch to buy it. In 2018, Barry used a backhoe to dig a large hole in his front yard, fill it with items to include furniture, and cover it over, planting alfalfa on top.

May 09, 13:51 – 14:13 – Barry at DSI, replacing Bobcat blade
He was wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki shorts.

May 09, 14:26 – Barry texts Suzanne, “Done headed back.”
He texted Suzanne that he was done and was headed home.

May 09, 14:31 – Barry texted Suzanne, “Did you leave.”
At 2:31 PM, Barry texted Suzanne, “Did you leave.”

May 09, 14:43 – Barry’s phone and F-350, per telematics, arrive at the Morphew residence.
"The photo is shown in the courtroom, Suzanne smiling. Truck GPS coordinates show Barry’s truck goes into park at 2:43:59. Phone coordinates show he walks around the house. You can hear a pin drop in the courtroom as tension is high." - Carol McKinley, PH Tweet

May 09, 14:44 – Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world.
Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world.

Right about here, he would have needed to unhitch the trailer because it wasn't going into the garage. I think it unlikely he would be willing to leave the garage door open while he's cleaning up from a murder.

May 09, 16:44 – Barry parks his truck in the garage.
Barry claims to have been loading his truck and cleaning off his workbench.

May 09, 17:33 – Barry’s truck system manually rebooted
Barry attempted to disable the trucks GPS and SYNC features.

Random thought, I wonder if the cadaver dogs hitting on the bob cat was because of BM. He would have sat in the seat and also touched near the blade when he used the bob cat to detach the trailer.

But I guess if that were the case, dogs would have hit at other locations around the house?

I personally think the dog alerts mentioned in the AA are a dead end for the prosecution. There was no biological evidence recovered to test to say what they actually alerted on and to whom or what it belonged to. Some dogs are no longer trained on residual or trace odors, but larger sources to avoid both false positives/false alerts. This kind of stuff gets shredded in court and is usually never enough to make an arrest alone on.

The defense would most likely bring in a SME to scour over the training logs of these dogs, as an example. A certification is not enough and does not speak to the reliability of the dog. They could say is it true that cadaverine is found in decaying plant matter? Has this ever been part of your training, are you knowledgeable about this? Has your dog ever gave a trained final response to compost? Do these dogs that were part of the blind searches train together? Prove they each didn't follow the saliva or butt sit of the previous dog. There are very skilled dog handlers that are ethical that will testify for the defense.

My point, with no actual evidence recovered prove it belonged to a deceased human. IMO

Something I've noticed when Barry walks with his daughters is their almost tangible desire to protect and comfort him.
My heart is saying "take your hands out of your pockets and defer to them."
Maybe a protective hand on their back or eye contact showing a concern for their wellbeing.
He really is the sun in that universe...

He overdosed the hot tub with bromide. Had to make sure to get the cadaverine off of himself. He took another shower or a few in Broomfield each time he changed his shirt and could have used bromide there, too. He must have smelled like an undiluted extra strength clorox bottle.:D

JMO
The front desk person who checked him in should have remembered if he smelled like a hot tub unless they are so used to the fumes from the indoor pool they just don't "smell it" anymore.

Something I've noticed when Barry walks with his daughters is their almost tangible desire to protect and comfort him.
My heart is saying "take your hands out of your pockets and defer to them."
Maybe a protective hand on their back or eye contact showing a concern for their wellbeing.
He really is the sun in that universe...
This fawning and touching of an accused is also a common ploy by the defense to show the jury/public that the accused is not the monster he or she is made out to be; the accused is lovable and nice. Defense attorneys will do it themselves. Watch trials. The defense touches arms, hands, shoulders of the accused constantly while they sit in the courtroom. “Look at my client. He is harmless. He didn’t do those awful things he is accused of.”

I took Gregg, too. It was supposed to be the future. Lol! I use it when I'm hiding something I don't want anybody else to be able to read. :rolleyes:
Oh my gosh! I took Gregg in high school too. There are several of us here!

It came in very handy taking notes in college, but I think the only strokes/symbols I now remember are "say" and "and." So, that's not much help!

It came in very handy taking notes in college, but I think the only strokes/symbols I now remember are "say" and "and." So, that's not much help!
It takes me a while to remember. I then have to be able to read it back to myself. It's been more than 50 years. :eek:

Agree it was raining off and on that day if I recall. So much stuff in this case just has "legs".....it's like the old game of telephone where something gets passed on and embellished or altered slightly and as it moves on it morphs into something different from the original.
There are a couple of games going on simultaneously. For instance, some here post as though every opening where inference might have a role to play is an off-ramp. Like a giant forever traffic circle.

Attachments

• D2186973-B091-4A99-BBDE-217F36DE8066.jpeg
    D2186973-B091-4A99-BBDE-217F36DE8066.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 24
This fawning and touching of an accused is also a common ploy by the defense to show the jury/public that the accused is not the monster he or she is made out to be; the accused is lovable and nice. Defense attorneys will do it themselves. Watch trials. The defense touches arms, hands, shoulders of the accused constantly while they sit in the courtroom. “Look at my client. He is harmless. He didn’t do those awful things he is accused of.”
Very true. Good to see you back @OldCop.

I took Gregg in HS, too! I don’t remember a thing though. Wish I still had the dictionary, seem to remember it being white with shiny gold lettering on the cover.
Also took typing on manual typewriter lol.

I personally think the dog alerts mentioned in the AA are a dead end for the prosecution. There was no biological evidence recovered to test to say what they actually alerted on and to whom or what it belonged to. Some dogs are no longer trained on residual or trace odors, but larger sources to avoid both false positives/false alerts. This kind of stuff gets shredded in court and is usually never enough to make an arrest alone on.

The defense would most likely bring in a SME to scour over the training logs of these dogs, as an example. A certification is not enough and does not speak to the reliability of the dog. They could say is it true that cadaverine is found in decaying plant matter? Has this ever been part of your training, are you knowledgeable about this? Has your dog ever gave a trained final response to compost? Do these dogs that were part of the blind searches train together? Prove they each didn't follow the saliva or butt sit of the previous dog. There are very skilled dog handlers that are ethical that will testify for the defense.

My point, with no actual evidence recovered prove it belonged to a deceased human. IMO

And they were selective about the dogs. They did go and dig up the entrance to Longhorn Ranch subdivision because of dogs...but it is difficult to know if they did that because of public pressure or because particular dogs were more believable than other dogs as there were various dogs that are known in this case with various handlers. If they dug up the entrance to Longhorn subdivsion and didn't find anything why did the dogs alert would be my question. Plus you are talking about a person who runs excavating equipment so who knows where that Bobcat has been digging all over Chaffee County and outside Chaffee county for two years. The blade was changed but the seat hasn't changed that we know of.

Remember Leslie Abramson during the Menendez trial? She humanized the brothers, but it didn’t help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth