Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm flattered that they're reading here.

I'm also pleased it won't help their case.

JMO[/QUOTE
That was said yes. LE I believe also had MM1 and MM2 phones someone correct me if I'm wrong. I tend to think she might have mixed up Friday and Saturday as if she did connect with Suzanne on Saturday night Investigators would have tightened their time line. They start their timeline on mid-day Saturday. Also if there was a
Saturday night conversation defense will be all over it if prosecution starts down the path of Barry chasing Suzanne on Saturday afternoon with a tranquilizer gun. My gut says MM1 or MM2 did not talk to Suzanne Saturday night.
That was said yes. LE I believe also had MM1 and MM2 phones someone correct me if I'm wrong. I tend to think she might have mixed up Friday and Saturday as if she did connect with Suzanne on Saturday night Investigators would have tightened their time line. They start their timeline on mid-day Saturday. Also if there was a
Saturday night conversation defense will be all over it if prosecution starts down the path of Barry chasing Suzanne on Saturday afternoon with a tranquilizer gun. My gut says MM1 or MM2 did not talk to Suzanne Saturday night.
Yes. At the end of page 5, beginning of page 6 of the AA:
"Sergeant Hysjulien next contacted REDACTED, who stated that she had last talked to Suzanne on the night of May 9, 2020. She had last seen Suzanne at the end of April 2020. REDACTED advised that she had sent a text message to Suzanne wishing her a happy Mother's Day on May 10, 2020, but Suzanne had not replied. She also tried calling Suzanne, but the call went directly to voicemail. At that time, she received a call from Barry, asking if she contacted Suzanne. REDACTED advised him that she attempted to but was not able to reach her. Barry asked REDACTED to let him know if she was later able to reach Suzanne."

ETA: I think it very likely she misremembered which evening she spoke with SM, but LE likely knows for certain based on reviewing cellphone logs.

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

·
9m

Replying to
@MarcSallinger
NEW: a judge has DENIED motion by prosecutors to admit prior acts of alleged domestic violence committed by Barry Morphew Prior alleged domestic violence acts committed by Morphew outlined today by prosecutors will NOT be allowed to be introduced as evidence in his murder trial
Thank you for this information @Gardenista.
I couldn't bring myself to click "like"
Ugh

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

·
9m

Replying to
@MarcSallinger
NEW: a judge has DENIED motion by prosecutors to admit prior acts of alleged domestic violence committed by Barry Morphew Prior alleged domestic violence acts committed by Morphew outlined today by prosecutors will NOT be allowed to be introduced as evidence in his murder trial

Not surprised but I do think the law is a bit of an *advertiser censored* in this situation.

Murders the victim so she is silenced. Then her statements as to why she was not safe from physical violence ruled hearsay :rolleyes:

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

·
9m

Replying to
@MarcSallinger

This rather validates them, however.

Monster.

JMO

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1491864096349712384?s=21

NEW: Judge denies prosecution's motion to allow comments #SuzanneMorphew made about her troubled marriage to her best friend into upcoming trial. Mrs. Morphew told Sheila Oliver about several occasions. Said he hit her in the face, pushed into a closet, held a gun to his head...

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1491864434989416453?s=21
...Oliver says she told him he said "Is this what you want?" Judge wanted better dates and times for the incidents, but pros didn't have them. Morphew's attorneys say Suzanne may have been lying because she didn't tell Oliver about her 2 yr affair. @DenverGazette

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1491864657379741698?s=21
These comments were made in text messages and in conversation per prosecution.

I've also spent a lot of time researching this mainly because I can't find the source citing MG as wondering why the daughter did not take her device on the road trip, alleging she saw it paired in BM's truck. (I'm patiently waiting for one of our absent WS members that initially posted this entry to join us again).

I'm fairly confident that the second device cited in the AA as associated with BM's iPhone with an SMS [text] at 3:43 PM on 5/8/20 is another Apple device capable of SMS [texting] which could be an iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch, or MAC.

You can only have one User ID per Apple device by design (single users only). However, the User ID noted as being separate from the Primary User ID (i.e., Apple ID) could mean the primary email associated with the Apple ID /iCloud is different than the email for App Store/iTunes.

In the AA, I think it's clear that LE knows the phone number associated with that second device (it's redacted).

We also know that SM intentionally separated her Apple electronics from the family, and at a minimum -- NOT sharing the same iCloud but I also think that SM probably wanted MM2's phone associated with one of the adult accounts where MM2 could also have her own User ID for the App Store/iTunes. On the other hand, I could definitely see BM and MM1 sharing App Store/iTunes which would also appear as a separate device from the Primary User ID (primary email different) but still associated with BM's iPhone.

There are actually some very specific instructions at Apple support to unlink your phone/device from another phone including how to tell if your phone is linked to another phone/device, and delete devices connected to your Apple ID.

I think I hate this stuff...o_O

My purposeful ignorance wrt this maddening morass of messaging continues to reward me with deserved bliss . It's so validating every so often to have nailed something!
I expect, however, that were this NOT my situation, I'd go ahead and replace my AI Domestic Nourishment Complex with a gas cooker into which I might stick my head.

Restating this succinctly.

IMO the reason he didn't take the Bobcat to Broomfield is because he STAGED it. To appear as unused.

JMO

I wonder if LE asked him why he needed the blade changed that particular day/time. It would be reasonable to assume that he needed it because he was heading to Broomfield to do this job and I think it actually could have made more sense for him to take it because he could say the last minute blade change was needed for the job.. but then he didn't even take it to the job. Why did he need to go do this blade change on the same day he was going to spend a lovely evening with his wife? Why the rush on this day just to leave it sit in the driveway while he was gone out of town for a big job for a few days? It just really doesn't add up. I think the wording on the AA is also leaving that door open that it actually was used.

Defense doing their job and doing it well.
BM gloating I'm sure.
Interested in opinions on judge's ruling- was this expected?
It really chaps me, but I have to admit I'm not surprised. Her text messages and emails, etc. will still come in IMO.

I try to concentrate on BARE's big mouth statements to LE being the single most important pieces of evidence of his guilt. Nothing can change those interviews and I'm grateful for them, it gives me immense joy knowing BARE screwed himself so to speak. ;)

MOO

She was trying to video chat with JL after Barry left for DSI. She was alive and communicative until 2:11pm.

I would be interested to see her cell data. What other messages did she sent from about 1:30 on until 2:03. What was the time stamp on that 2:03 photo? Were the messages she sent from about 1:30 until that photo was sent fairly normal. What cell location did her phone ping at during the 1:30-2:03.

We haven't seen her cell data fully yet. We know her last ping, but we don't have locations from any of the other activity. If he did have a way to log in and send messages that appear to be from her phone, I'd be curious how those show up on location data.

I feel something was going on during his lunch. He wasn't home with her.. he parked down the road a little way just outside their actual driveway. Then he wandered looking for a turkey. He did something with the bobcat and then he called her repeatedly as he left to get the bobcat blade changed. Something is off.

I need to look again, but wasn't it at 11 something that day she texted "guess who is alone again".. yet she wasn't.. he was there wandering around and he told LE he was sunbathing and having veggie soup. He needed to leave abruptly from the work site to "go make Suzanne happy" yet he didn't let her know he was home. This was right after the FB password reset also.

It feels like we are missing something right in here during this time frame.

Also, he was already on the way to get the blade changed when he started making phone calls to them about it.. so did they know he was coming or was that their heads up?

Another Walk-In Video tweeted by photojournalist for KOAA.
Notice they are the station that requested EMC.

https://twitter.com/cwinderkoaa/status/1491809510222094336?s=21
I think those traveling the traffic circle only look at one opening at a time and not the totality of the travel.
This road will all take us to the same place -
Just would love to minimize the distractions - but I suppose distractions are part of any journey. Just need to keep our eyes on the road.

I wonder if LE asked him why he needed the blade changed that particular day/time. It would be reasonable to assume that he needed it because he was heading to Broomfield to do this job and I think it actually could have made more sense for him to take it because he could say the last minute blade change was needed for the job.. but then he didn't even take it to the job. Why did he need to go do this blade change on the same day he was going to spend a lovely evening with his wife? Why the rush on this day just to leave it sit in the driveway while he was gone out of town for a big job for a few days? It just really doesn't add up. I think the wording on the AA is also leaving that door open that it actually was used.

Sometimes things just "are". Getting the blade change that day might just be that he got the blade changed that day and has nothing to do with anything. He works...we know this. Someone said he probably had flipped the blade already once so perhaps there was a hole in his schedule, a blade waiting for him and time to do it. Not every single thing we know is going to mean something. Some of it is just life. I like to look for the outliers...like Broomfield....we know there was a job, we know he'd been talking about that week, we know he'd told his apparently number one employee, we know the original contractor knew it was coming up....the outlier is going there at 5 AM on Sunday instead of the beginning of the week as originally discussed and isn't explainable other than when they fight Barry bolts...that's the only explanation short of he was looking for an alibi I can come up with. The bobcat blade right now doesn't present an unexplainable "outlier" for me.

Keep thinking about when BM was killing SM on Saturday afternoon, er, I mean, chasing chipmunks.
Borrowed from @sk716 ’s wonderful timeline:
14:44:02 – 14:44:05 Barry’s phone pings by the western back patio.
14:44:06 – 14:44:09 Barry’s phone pings by the sunning porch where Suzanne took the selfie at 2:03.
14:44:10 – 14:44:11 Barry’s phone is in front of the house
14:44:12 – 14:44:23 Barry’s phone pings inside the garage
14:45:43 – 14:47:43 Barry’s phone pings at the master bed room.

I don’t believe BM is capable of running through walls despite the he man that he (thinks he) is. :rolleyes:
This is how I think it may have played out. Remember he is mad, he is pumped up. How dare she not answer his calls. He’s moving quickly.

Attachments

• 864C09FC-9538-4DA4-9C49-2B55A106100A.jpeg
    864C09FC-9538-4DA4-9C49-2B55A106100A.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 101D9B1C-7711-45C1-92C0-9D590CC93DD0.jpeg
    101D9B1C-7711-45C1-92C0-9D590CC93DD0.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 55
I am curious what people think about the suggestion to drop the charge to manslaughter and lower the bond to manslaughter levels. That really surprised me because I think manslaughter would be a much tougher defense so caught me off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005