Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #95

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Barry is merely saying that he thinks her abduction was sexually motivated.

It's a form of projection. Because there is no abductor, he has to imagine one, which of course is based on his preconceptions or fantasies.

A few weeks ago someone posted that BM wanted to put her down - like an animal.

That is my gut feeling.

This was intended to be cold blooded. SM had become a problem, because she was leaving him, and that meant him losing the status symbol home he regarded as his. He seemed to know about the affair for some time, yet it was SM's decision to separate that finally triggered him

My guess is he descended in a cold fury

Last edited:
Well yeah, obviously.

But you see how insistent that he is that they "made love" several hours after she is demonstrably missing. How important to him it is that he was the dominant? All MOO, but I think he made sure she knew who she belonged to.

I also get the feeling it reveals that he doesn't understand what a real relationship would look like.

There is no companionship or genuine activities together. He can't recount any conversation. In short, he has no idea what SM does with her time. Especially he is unable to construct any non-digital activities for her.

SA Grusing asked if she went to bed nude or with pajamas and Barry stated, “No, she never sleeps in the nude. I don’t know if she was nude, after, when we had sex, but I don’t know if she, what she put on when she it on, but she a stuff on. She doesn’t sleep in the nude.”

SA Grusing asked Barry when he last saw her and he answered, “Probably during sex.” He added,

“Cause like most men, I probably fell asleep. Pretty soon after that.”
This is all over the shop

Barry said he should have listed “rape” instead of “sex” on the questionnaire as a motivator for her disappearance because he thought of “some creep trying to rape her.”

I agree this is a projection - but I think he is imaging what he would do, because he hasn't actually imagined this for real.

Last edited:
This is Grusing. This is brilliant.
I LOVE Agent Grusing. I don't think Redwine would be locked up now if it wasn't for Grusing's brilliance and perseverance.

He was also the agent who first interviewed our friend , Krystal Lee, and he sniffed her out within the first few minutes of his phone call to her in Idaho. He broke that case wide open with that call.

I LOVE Agent Grusing. I don't think Redwine would be locked up now if it wasn't for Grusing's brilliance and perseverance.

He was also the agent who first interviewed our friend , Krystal Lee, and he sniffed her out within the first few minutes of his phone call to her in Idaho. He broke that case wide open with that call.

This is why I think the defence has to be careful about pushing the idea that law enforcement closed their minds to other possibilities too soon.

It risks highlighting how, after massive efforts, the focus narrowed on BM, because that is where the evidence led, after a year of painstaking work.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he raped her at the end. This run of AA quotes may be uncomfortable to read.

Libler said that so long as Suzanne gratified Barry sexually, it was fine. He added, “I don’t think she was deriving a lot of pleasure out of things.” When Agents asked Libler if he thought that, or knew it, he said, “I know. She said it’s not pleasurable.” Suzanne told Libler that she would not completely starve Barry of sex.
Barry explained that on Saturday evening they had dinner together, had sexual intercourse, and went to bed. Barry could not specify a time but believed it was around or after 8:00PM. Barry stated neither he nor Suzanne left the residence again.
He stated, “We (men) need sex. That’s all we need and we’ll be good.”
When Agents asked Barry if he and Suzanne went to bed together, he replied, “I’m pretty sure we do,” and later, “I’m pretty sure we went to sleep together that night.” Suzanne did not leave the house after they had sex and went to sleep.
CBI Agents asked Barry why he answered, “Sex,” as the number one reason why someone might be motivated to cause Suzanne to disappear on the BAU questionnaire. He answered, “Because my wife is beautiful.” He added, “And that’s my nightmare right now, like if somebody’s got her and sexually abusing her right now as we speak.”
SA Grusing noted Barry listed “Sex” as the top motivation someone might have had for Suzanne’s disappearance. Barry said he listed that because of how attractive Suzanne was.

SA Grusing asked Barry why he only wrote “Convict” for his response on what should happen to the person responsible for Suzanne’s disappearance. He replied, “It should be ‘convicted and held responsible.’ I mean that’s not what I wanted to write but, I mean I, inside me, I feel like I would like to physically harm them if they did this to my wife, that’s, but.”
Barry said that Suzanne had the body of a thirty-year-old and that “they (women) give us sex. That’s all we ever want or need.”
Barry: “Well, I’ll tell you right now we had sex that night and she was naked when I went to sleep. So, she obviously got up and put her pajamas on and when I left in th-, the next morning she was laying right there in bed. I didn’t pull up the covers and look what she was wearing, if that’s what you’re asking me?”
SA Grusing reminded Barry that it was Wednesday when Suzanne said she “was done.”

Barry said, “Ok, then that was Wednesday, not Friday. Friday- she would go through these times where we would fight like that and then everything would be back to normal. And it was like nothing ever happened. And we’d go eat dinner. We’d go have, home. We’d have sex. Everything would be fine.”
Barry said, “I’m telling you right now there was nothing out of the normal Saturday afternoon. Nothing. It was almost like … it’s almost like, that evening, nothing ever happened to us that week. She’s like one person one day, another person the other day. And when she acts like that, I’m going to accept it and take it all in, because when she’s distant and cold, I don’t get any affection. And Saturday, there was no problems. None. And, I don’t understand, that you’re telling me that she’s communicating with this guy Saturday all day. I’m working till noon. Come home, eat lunch with her. Leave again and come home and then spend the evening with her. Eat supper with her. Have sex with her. I can assure you that Saturday night was a good night for us. And I can assure you that we made love that night. And there’s no way that she would have done that to me if she’s got this head on about this other guy.”

SA Grusing said that Suzanne was disclosing things about their love life to the other guy.

Barry said, “Well, I’m sure if she’s not, disclosing things- our having sex with ‘her lover’ (Barry made air quotes with his hand while saying this), because that would upset him. So, she’s probably lying to him if she’s saying we’re not having sex, ’cause we do. And we did. And I can assure you that that night

Page 63 of 129

we did. One hundred percent. And February when I went to meet her in Florida, that’s all it was, was sex.” I mean why would she do that to me if she’s got this other guy that she’s leaving me for? This is not, none of this is making sense.”

SA Grusing asked what does not make sense to Barry, adding that Barry said earlier things were making sense.

Barry said, “Making sense in God’s eyes … Why someone like me, someone like us? Well, now that you told me that she was having an affair- maybe, I don’t know, maybe in God’s eyes this was his way of resolving something. I don’t know.”
Barry stated, “Did she leave that night? Because I told Joe and Derek that we had sex and went to bed and I went to sleep, and I work so hard that when I go to sleep, I’m out until three o’clock.”
Barry said he did not want to fight with Suzanne because of her cancer. He added, “The next night it would be like nothing ever happened. And she’d be wonderful, she’d make love.”

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2021/11/AA_Text_html_1eb56042.png

Barry added, “We had a great night that Saturday before. We made love that night. There, there was nothing that happened at 2:30. I mean, I looked back. Nothing. We grilled, I grilled steak at probably five, six. We ate dinner. Went to bed. We made love.”

He added, “I always fall asleep right away because I’m dead-tired from, from work. Surely, she stayed up, but I don’t know (shaking his head). I don’t know if she stayed up or went somewhere, and texted, or did something.” SA Grusing asked where they had sex and Barry answered, “In the bed, in the master

Page 82 of 129

bedroom.”

Barry then referenced the second Valentine’s Day in a row when Suzanne “met this guy,” when she said she was meeting her dad. Barry said he told Suzanne, “Honey, (unintelligible) I’m comin’ to Florida. Let’s just spend a few days.” He said he went and they had an “unbelievable time. We had sex three times a day. She was incredibly romantic with me. She gave me the most beautiful card that was heartfelt.”

Barry said Suzanne must not have been in her right mind to be in love with another man and treat Barry like she still loves him.

SA Harris told Barry that Suzanne’s life with her lover appears to be more her true life than her life with Barry and that Agents did not doubt they still had sex, but she was placating Barry.

Barry was told Suzanne felt like she had to have sex with him at times.
Barry was asked the last time he saw or heard Suzanne prior to that, and he said, “Just probably before we went to sleep. After we had sex.” SA Grusing asked what happened before that, and Barry said, “Before that we had dinner.” When asked where he sat, Barry said, “At the bar.”
While Barry was reviewing the telematic times, SA Grusing asked, “You were guessing sex happened what, do you know when?”

Barry stated, “I know it was after the steaks and before I went to sleep.”

SA Grusing asked if there was a gap, possibly an hour or two in between, and Barry said, “I don’t remember.”
SA Grusing asked Barry when that last time he saw Suzanne was that night, since he only heard her snoring Sunday morning. He replied, “I would say, between eight, eight and nine. If I was guessing.”

Page 104 of 129

SA Grusing asked if she went to bed nude or with pajamas and Barry stated, “No, she never sleeps in the nude. I don’t know if she was nude, after, when we had sex, but I don’t know if she, what she put on when she it on, but she a stuff on. She doesn’t sleep in the nude.”

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2021/11/AA_Text_html_m39677da7.png

SA Grusing asked Barry when he last saw her and he answered, “Probably during sex.” He added,

“Cause like most men, I probably fell asleep. Pretty soon after that.”

SA Grusing said that from the truck activity, sex must have happened after 9:25PM.

Barry said, “And it could’ve been, depending on the, the light of day, then. It was May, so, it’s still, I mean right now I see it’s getting lighter and lighter, so, I’m just kinda basing off light instead of clocks not (UI) clocks.”

SA Grusing asked if Suzanne seemed out of the normal regarding their sex that night, considering the affair and fights that week.

Barry said, ”No, I’ve never had a, had a feeling that anything was different in our sex life. Never.”
Barry was told that Suzanne confided in friends that sex with him was not pleasurable, then reminded that he put “Sex” as the top reason on his victimology questionnaire for someone’s motive for her disappearance. Barry refuted that by saying, “She had an orgasm every time, so I don’t understand that.”

Barry said he should have listed “rape” instead of “sex” on the questionnaire as a motivator for her disappearance because he thought of “some creep trying to rape her.”

I'm not sure Barry raped Suzanne prior to killing her, esp., if he used a tranquilizer dart. Wouldn't that force Suzanne's body to relax and release contents of the bladder and bowel? ugh

This caught my eye:
"Barry was asked the last time he saw or heard Suzanne prior to that, and he said, “Just probably before we went to sleep. After we had sex.” SA Grusing asked what happened before that, and Barry said, “Before that we had dinner.” When asked where he sat, Barry said, “At the bar.”

We know only one plate was located in the dishwasher because Barry ate a steak alone. Now, we know he was at the bar when dining without Suzanne. Here's a screengrab of the bar the night Suzanne was reported missing. That bar stool that's not tucked under the bar must have been the seat he used.

Screenshot 2022-02-19 4.35.15 AM.png

@ 15:28

I'm not sure Barry raped Suzanne prior to killing her, esp., if he used a tranquilizer dart. Wouldn't that force Suzanne's body to relax and release contents of the bladder and bowel? ugh

This caught my eye:
"Barry was asked the last time he saw or heard Suzanne prior to that, and he said, “Just probably before we went to sleep. After we had sex.” SA Grusing asked what happened before that, and Barry said, “Before that we had dinner.” When asked where he sat, Barry said, “At the bar.”

We know only one plate was located in the dishwasher because Barry ate a steak alone. Now, we know he was at the bar when dining without Suzanne. Here's a screengrab of the bar the night Suzanne was reported missing. That bar stool that's not tucked under the bar must have been the seat he used.

View attachment 334111

First rape, because he was so very hooked by her resistance (poss. locked door), then dart perhaps? Per hand, not per gun, during some melee? - Just a thought.

Last edited:
This is why I think the defence has to be careful about pushing the idea that law enforcement closed their minds to other possibilities too soon.

It risks highlighting how, after massive efforts, the focus narrowed on BM, because that is where the evidence led, after a year of painstaking work.
.... with no press releases at all (in favor of defence's client).

This caught my eye:

View attachment 334111

RBBM. Good catch (the position of the bar stool).

Man, that's disturbing.

Not devastated about what occurred, not overcome with grief or guilt or even panic.

One steak, one plate, (one glass?!), one chair, one person.

Problem, put down (he said it, didn't he? -- she must've been sick in the head).

King of the castle.

Animal kingdom.

Alpha.

After the kill, the feast.

Barry even had to plate and load his own dish because Suzanne was no longer there to serve him.

If only there was a photo of that. I hope the Prosecution paints the picture anyway. Using the bodycam footage. Using Barry's own words.

He did what he knew best. He hunted, he killed.

Then he sat down to dinner.

JMO

Last edited:
I still don’t believe Suzanne Morphew was the doormat as described by many here. Or BM this master hunter that kills wildlife, blurs the lines between animal and human, relishes in his hunt & the kill of his wife by having supper afterwards. <modsnip> BM is weak in mind and body. He’s not sex obsessed. He gave himself permission to date after finding out SM was having an affair by LE. This dude in his 50’s was so cliche to take his date to a hotel and buy flowers for V-Day. Come on. He’s out of his realm and treated the date like a boy. LOL He’s simple in thinking. He’s standard. IMO

eta: corrected spelling but probably not all of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's definitely obsessed with sex, which does make me believe he had an affair (the Holly thing was super creepy).

That being said, his priority would have been getting away with murder.
I can't count how many AA's I've read through the years. But, I have never read of a suspect so obsessed with sex as BM.

It's a form of projection. Because there is no abductor, he has to imagine one, which of course is based on his preconceptions or fantasies.

That is my gut feeling.

This was intended to be cold blooded. SM had become a problem, because she was leaving him, and that meant him losing the status symbol home he regarded as his. He seemed to know about the affair for some time, yet it was SM's decision to separate that finally triggered him

BBM
And has the audacity to blame it on God.

Barry didn’t think he had to tell his wife his whereabouts. He left whenever he wanted, and came back whenever. Suzanne was in the dark about Barry’s life. A spy pen probably sounded like a good idea-was he moving their money around, transacting in real estate, did he have a lover? I don’t believe that theirs was an equal partnership. Some marriages work well with a stay at home partner who “keeps the house” while the other is the breadwinner. I think the problem may have been that Barry felt that Suzanne was lucky to have him, and he was superior. He didn’t think he owed her an explanation for anything. Spy pens might be able to fill in the blanks. Although we see that it cuts both ways.

IA few weeks ago someone posted that BM wanted to put her down - like an animal.

Stalking her gradually through the forest, while she timidly tries to run.....then suddenly a chase, before she is trapped and cornered. He puts the gun sight to his eye and pulls the trigger. Then grabs her by her hair, and drags his prize back to his cave.

I honestly think BM had fantasies like this.

Although this little story is probably nothing compared to what SM had to endure. I hope it was swift and she didn't suffer.

May she rest in perfect peace....free from the evil, lying, duplicitous monster.

Last edited:
I still really want to know when he deleted texts from his phone. Problematic if he deleted them as he sent/received them, but utterly devastating if he deleted them at a point just prior to 2:44.

The timing of that will be critical IMO.

That is my gut feeling.

I tend to agree with this.
Another thing is some men feel emasculated if their wife or SO has an affair and even worse if others know about it!
Poor Barry! Now the world knows!
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads