Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh this is something I hadn't thought of before. Maybe the tools he took to the hotel were tools he used to dig/cover/hide her? He brought them to removed the dirt and clean them up so they were not at the house when police arrived. I wonder what ever became of those tools?
Evidently MG brought them home from the HIE. She said BM never asked about them. We don’t know if LE ever picked them up or what happened to them but MG has since moved out of state, so?? Moo

Interesting, do you know if was BM's truck running that was loud? Some diesel trucks can be just as loud or louder than equipment running late at night.
We have the bodycam video of Barry arriving at the bike scene and I don't know where it as offhand now, but I don't recall hearing it or thinking wow that truck is loud and I believe it was left running as he hopped out of the truck to talk to LE. Maybe it was and I just didn't listen for it!

I don't remember much more about him being at the beach site on Saturday night, or that there was a bobcat on that property, but yes, hopefully they did check the sim.

We have that Bobcat data and the very last thing was odd.. I never could find anything to tell what it meant. It wasn't seen anywhere else on the Bobcat data as an action the Bobcat did. The website I used to look at all this in a hurry isn't there anymore. I will try to find it again because I can't recall the exact word or action that was listed, but we did discuss this and wonder if it was removal of the SIM.. then anything that the Bobcat did after that point would not have been recorded.. maybe a different SIM or no SIM at all then he put it back in after he did whatever he did.

MOO neighbors and campers would hear someone using a bobcat in the mountains at night. MOO the sound would literally be an annoyance to everyone.
Nearest neighbors are only about 1/8 mile away.
Agree on being very busy.
Agree about the surrounding neighbors. A loud TV or music can mask noise pretty well. I wonder how loud the river is... creeks, etc. Lots of variables and unknowns.

We have the bodycam video of Barry arriving at the bike scene and I don't know where it as offhand now, but I don't recall hearing it or thinking wow that truck is loud and I believe it was left running as he hopped out of the truck to talk to LE. Maybe it was and I just didn't listen for it!

If it's anything like the trucks I hear roaring around Mississippi, it's louder upon acceleration. I think country boys remove the muffler. The F150 has eco-boost that comes with the truck. Sounds like this: (about 3:30 mins in).

Well I did, and they put it to a vote. And the result was - wait for it - 85 to nil. They each and every one showed a slight doubt of Barry, and look what happened. :(:(
I suspect no one with any actual experience with a gun credits the shooting chipmunks alibi.

Unless the animal is a "camp robber" that has lost much of its fear of humans, getting close enough to shoot a chipmunk would be very difficult. They are so small and quick, sighting from any distance would be a great challenge. I don't know of anyone in Colorado who does this as a means of pest control. I think a jury of farmers would roll their eyes if BM were to make this argument.

My extended family includes farmers, and we'd visit regularly. I stayed for whole summers when I was a teenager. I received my NRA firearms training and learned to hunt at that time by participating in family hunts for deer, elk, moose, wild turkey and pheasants.

My cousins and I would hunt small "vermin" including rabbits, groundhogs, and foxes in the same way kids today play video games: spontaneously, and to develop our shooting skills. But we would always be careful that no one else was in the line of fire or at risk from ricochets.

I can attest that killing small game with a rifle is extremely difficult under the best of conditions, and the idea of BM running around the PP house casually shooting chipmunks while SM was present has always seemed preposterous to me. Just one among many lies and prevarications he offered to LE. MOO.

oh this is something I hadn't thought of before. Maybe the tools he took to the hotel were tools he used to dig/cover/hide her? He brought them to removed the dirt and clean them up so they were not at the house when police arrived. I wonder what ever became of those tools?
MG said she had the tools at her house.

I don't remember much more about him being at the beach site on Saturday night, or that there was a bobcat on that property, but yes, hopefully they did check the sim.
There was various equipment left on the construction site with the keys left in them according to what workers told Mary Branson.
LE dug up the concrete pad and dug various holes around the yard, but I have not seen or heard that they dug up the beach area. LE knew that BM prepped the pad for the concrete pour. The pour was either Monday or Tuesday after SM disappeared. It was logical for LE to assume that he might have buried SM there knowing she’d be covered in concrete within days. BM never suspected that he would be the prime suspect.

Attachments

• 04806ACD-13A0-4BD7-8E89-2DE68383222C.jpeg
    04806ACD-13A0-4BD7-8E89-2DE68383222C.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 31
  • A7673894-E137-4D74-A56E-BE75E760CFAD.jpeg
    A7673894-E137-4D74-A56E-BE75E760CFAD.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 30
What distracted you from hearing the sound of the truck was BM’s hideous wailing when he got out of the truck, “Wa… Wa… Was it a cat?” Academy Award for worst actor in a drama.

There was various equipment left on the construction site with the keys left in them according to what workers told Mary Branson.
LE dug up the concrete pad and dug various holes around the yard, but I have not seen or heard that they dug up the beach area. LE knew that BM prepped the pad for the concrete pour. The pour was either Monday or Tuesday after SM disappeared. It was logical for LE to assume that he might have buried SM there knowing she’d be covered in concrete within days. BM never suspected that he would be the prime suspect.

Barry was quick to ugly talk MB's observation.

So what was he doing there?????

Could he have been dumb enough to actually be working, aware that he'd be purposefully out of town on Sunday and unable to meet his deadline otherwise?

Was he borrowing dirt/sand? For a project closer to home?

Up. To. No. Good.

Budy, busy B.

JMO

I suspect no one with any actual experience with a gun credits the shooting chipmunks alibi.

Unless the animal is a "camp robber" that has lost much of its fear of humans, getting close enough to shoot a chipmunk would be very difficult. They are so small and quick, sighting from any distance would be a great challenge. I don't know of anyone in Colorado who does this as a means of pest control. I think a jury of farmers would roll their eyes if BM were to make this argument.

My extended family includes farmers, and we'd visit regularly. I stayed for whole summers when I was a teenager. I received my NRA firearms training and learned to hunt at that time by participating in family hunts for deer, elk, moose, wild turkey and pheasants.

My cousins and I would hunt small "vermin" including rabbits, groundhogs, and foxes in the same way kids today play video games: spontaneously, and to develop our shooting skills. But we would always be careful that no one else was in the line of fire or at risk from ricochets.

I can attest that killing small game with a rifle is extremely difficult under the best of conditions, and the idea of BM running around the PP house casually shooting chipmunks while SM was present has always seemed preposterous to me. Just one among many lies and prevarications he offered to LE. MOO.
How does a neighbor feel about shooting moving targets in all directions.
A 22 bullet can travel about 2000 feet. BM
Nearest Neighbors about 800-1000 feet away.

How does a neighbor feel about shooting moving targets in all directions.
A 22 bullet can travel about 2000 feet. BM
Nearest Neighbors about 800-1000 feet away.
Silliest alibi so far this century.

I might have believed him (rolling eyes) if he didn't brag about keeping a tally sheet. No doubt Grusing went home that night thinking, "I love this job."

Nice when the perp is a blathering lying lier who lies & you've got it on tape. Even nicer when the blathering lier only has very long days in a prison cell to look forward to. Maybe he can count chipmunks outside his window and jumping over the moon in his dreams.

JMO

The bobcat data has been pondered at length here with some very good research by sleuthers, which you can reading by using the search feature. The AA says it was not used in the commission of the crime.

The bobcat's GPS was discussed in the PM. See attached.

As with many important data in this case, detailed public information is sadly lacking, leading to much speculation.

MOO
While all that may be true I was speculating he used another bobcat, not his own.

What distracted you from hearing the sound of the truck was BM’s hideous wailing when he got out of the truck, “Wa… Wa… Was it a cat?” Academy Award for worst actor in a drama.
HA! I literally LOL'd at this. Seriously, that is exactly why. Where was it? A a a cat? I'd love to know what that officer was really thinking.

Humming “If I had a Million Dollars” by the BARE Naked Ladies :p. Forgive me, I’m a Canuck :oops: and that tune came out when my two oldest were in their teens. Back to the million dollars :). Now, if I had a spare million dollars (maybe I’d need two million now with inflation and all), I’d hire a PI to follow Bare around. I’m just dying to know what life is like for him right now and what he and Shona are up to??

I’m guessing MassGuy is right and he’s headed back to IN. I hope the reception is less than welcoming! I can’t imagine him and SD feeling too terribly comfortable in Chaffee County either and THAT makes me smile :).
Thanks @susiQ
Now I have that darn song stuck in my head LOL

But YES--I would hire a PI also and follow him around.

Since he has a "video" court date , he could be anywhere and pretty sure (sho) , old girl ShoSho is with him LOL

After 2 years, isn’t it possible there is nothing left of her body? Animals could have destroyed any remains or carried them off. I wonder how the DA came up with this ‘region’ they think her body is.

It's not only possible it's likely. Which means if ever charges are brought against BM they would (imo) depend on another heavily circumstantial case and we all saw how that went the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper