Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family at Sept. 2021 Hearing?
... On September 17 when he was released on a cash bond he had more family here. This is a quote from his Defense at that hearing.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1438985069008498699?s=21&t=E0e1m-Vn4r0_0DLoqgS2bw
There are 10 people representing his family in the courtroom right now that have flown here. He intends to live near his two daughters who are here in Colorado.
@Cindizzi bbm sbm Thanks for this reminder about BM's family.
The 2 daughters attended.
His Mother & 2 sisters were named as attending.
Who are the other five? Anyone know?

Iirc BM's nephew (Trevor?) who spoke to media in May 2020 lives in Denver-ish CO area.
Does not seem like he would have flown to hearing.
Was counsel counting some from SM's family?

Family at Sept. 2021 Hearing?
@Cindizzi bbm sbm Thanks for this reminder about BM's family.
The 2 daughters attended.
His Mother & 2 sisters were named as attending.
Who are the other five? Anyone know?

Iirc BM's nephew (Trevor?) who spoke to media in May 2020 lives in Denver-ish CO area.
Does not seem like he would have flown to hearing.
Was counsel counting some from SM's family?
I’m quite sure that defense council was not including any of SM’s family in this Indiana contingent that came to support BM. JMO
Reporter LS is asked constantly about TN ( the son of BM’s sister)and if he appeared at any hearings and she has said he has not been seen or heard from since BM did his 26 second Facebook video plea.

According to the Saguache County Sheriff's Office, the bones recovered have NOT been positively identified as human bones yet and investigators DO NOT believe they are of #SuzanneMorphew.
View attachment 341558
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1519183633893847040?s=21&t=THqAdLJ_OmpDehbOIBpBnw
Perhaps this person? She went missing there last year.

According to the Saguache County Sheriff's Office, a woman is missing in the area of North Crestone Campground near Crestone, Colorado.

Jenifer Ann Driver, who goes by her spiritual name Mountain Sun, was last seen at the campground, though it is believed that she may have attempted a hike to North Crestone Lake with a backpack, sleeping bag, and tent.
View attachment 319995
If Mountain Sun did leave from North Crestone Campground headed for North Crestone Lake, it is likely that she took North Crestone Creek Trail – 11.3 miles with 3,333 feet of gain out-and-back, according to AllTrails.

Mountain Sun is described as 5-foot-4-inches and approximately 170 pounds with grey shaved hair and brown eyes, frequently in baggy clothing.
View attachment 319996
The initial public announcement regarding her disappearance was made on the night of October 29, with no public update available. We've reached out to the sheriff's office for more information and will be updating this piece when that is received.

In the meantime, those in the area should be on the lookout for signs of someone in distress.

Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact the Saguache County Sheriff’s Office at 719-655-2544.
Woman missing near Crestone, Colorado, last seen at campground | OutThere Colorado

The Saguache County Sheriff’s Office has received a report about a missing person. Jenifer Ann Driver also goes by her spiritual name of “Mountain Sun,” was last seen in the North Crestone Campground area in Crestone, Colorado. It is believed Jenifer might have hiked to the North Crestone Lake. It is believed Jenifer might have her backpack, sleeping bag, and blue tent with her. Jenifer is 5’04”, approximately 170lbs, has brown eyes, grey shaved hair, and is known to wear baggy comfortable clothing. Jenifer was last seen on October 16, 2021. If you have any information please contact the Saguache County Sheriff’s Office at 719-655-2544
Custer County SAR:

Right, but he could have left Bobcat on the trailer. Seems like a waste of time and energy to remove the Bobcat from the trailer unless he was going to use it or work on it. (or put the old blade back on, then later, after using switch back to the newly purchased/installed blade). ETA moo

He has to take the bobcat off to remove the trailer - he had no trailer jack.

According to the Saguache County Sheriff's Office, the bones recovered have NOT been positively identified as human bones yet and investigators DO NOT believe they are of #SuzanneMorphew.
View attachment 341558
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1519183633893847040?s=21&t=THqAdLJ_OmpDehbOIBpBnw
Not going to get excited just yet. Although it would be great to have closure and it’s only a couple of hours from Salida, they haven’t even determined if it’s human bones.

It’s noteworthy that they felt the need to mention SM.

A lot of weird stuff is always happening in Saguache County. Look up the Love Has Won cult.
JMO

Not going to get excited just yet. Although it would be great to have closure and it’s only a couple of hours from Salida, they haven’t even determined if it’s human bones.

It’s noteworthy that they felt the need to mention SM.

A lot of weird stuff is always happening in Saguache County. Look up the Love Has Won cult.
JMO
They did that before when another body was found (near a mine somewhere too).

I got excited until I reached the part about the bones being burned. Barry had no time to do something that pointless.

He took Bob off the trailer in order to use it to load another one from somewhere he thought/knew would not be missed for a few hours?
There was a bobcat at the beach site. He was there Saturday night about 11:30. He woke the lady up that lived closeby because she heard machinery running. When she turned the outside light on the noise stopped. What was he doing there at that hour of the night and what was the machinery noise?

I've never seen an old mine so my ignorance may betray me.

Barry was a big, strong guy -- something of a self-styled maverick.

Could he have strong-armed a mine open? Could he have levered a boulder back in place manually?

Barry's job, it would seem to me, was residential and corporate earthmoving. I assume any bid he got included the whole project, or entire subset of someone else's whole project, and as such, he'd be responsible for his portion of prepwork and haul-away, including the sweep up.

Could Barry unseal a mine (damage his blade in the process?), and then use pulleys and boards and physics to roll a boulder back into place, while leaving the appearance that nothing had been disturbed?

A mine is a strong contender here but I haven't given up on an illegal burial pod. If that, I hope the tree itself and the grass around it betray him.

Can't help but ask -- did Barry blow up a mine and start an accidental fire?

Are we looking at this backwards? Was Barry laying a trap for Suzanne's lover, and everything blew up that weekend, and he moved the crosshairs?

He could've been preparing a spot for weeks...

JMO

Remember in the texts to SO, Suzanne said that Barry would "disappear into the mountains" (paraphrasing). I wonder if he took ole Bobby with him when he would go on his little excursions. He certainly took it with him everywhere he went after she went missing.

Here is how easy it is to move giant boulders for a "skilled" skid steer driver:
(The boulders are towards the end of the video, he tears out tree roots, rearranges boulders, then covers the area and plants a new tree).

I'm with you @Megnut at being about 95% on board with the mine shaft theory, but not quite there. I still haven't left the direct vicinity of Puma Path, and the above video gives an idea what that might look like. He could have made a hole (with the Bobcat) and been working for weeks cleaning up the area around it, to make it clear of any tracks, all while Suzanne just thought he was out tinkering in the yard with his favorite toy. Makes me shudder.

Perhaps when it was time to do the deed, he put her in his prepared hole, used hand tools to fill it in (could explain all the movement in and out of his truck all night, as well as leaving said tools in Broomfield), and/or covered it with a big boulder, which broke his blade. Then he raked the area to make it look pristine.

Or, he put her in the previously mentioned mine that he just couldn't help blabbing about to LE (because: Barry), and he's the one who covered it with the boulder (breaking his blade in the process).

I'm also probably one of very few who are not fully convinced that the last proof of life photo of Suzanne on Saturday, was actually Suzanne, but as of yet, there isn't too much to prove that is untrue, so I'll have to trust Grusing.

And @OldCop, I do think Barry was scouting for days, (if not weeks, or even months) for the perfect spot. He could have been working on his hidey-hole right out in the open, and nobody would have batted an eye. The house was so remote, that even though I pulled almost all the way in the driveway, I still couldn't see the Morphew house (or any of the neighbors' houses), and I only caught a couple of (quick) glimpses of it from HWY 50.

On Lauren's live last night, Tyson said this about seeing Barry that day: "He was totally distraught, completely out of his mind. He had his shirt off, he was banging on the steering wheel, he was soaking wet, bright red in his chest area. I think he was in the water somewhere. He was either looking for her or moving her, and I don't think he was looking for her."

What on earth were you doing, Barry?

After 2 years, isn’t it possible there is nothing left of her body? Animals could have destroyed any remains or carried them off. I wonder how the DA came up with this ‘region’ they think her body is.

She told Lauren Scharf she was afraid of him:
“He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction. “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”

But Barry Morphew has questioned Gentile’s character in conversations he’s had with FOX21.

“She’s a meth head,” Barry said. “She’s mad at me because I fired her and don’t let her work for me anymore. She’s mad. So they’re not gonna say anything good about me.”

“I’m scared of Barry,” Gentile said. “I don’t want to see him again, ever again.”
‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

MG left her home on Mother’s Day to travel to Broomfield to do a job for BM. He left before she got there. He didn’t leave any tools to do the job. She stayed for 2 days waiting for materials to do the job. They were never ordered.
When she returned to Salida on Tuesday, she was approached by BM’s crony, GD and his nephew, TN. MG told the men she was cooperating with police and that she had given LE her cell phone.
BM called and fired her the next day. Why?
I don’t blame her for being afraid.
ETA I see @susiQ already answered your question. :)
And you, answered it SO much better! :). Thanks for filling in all the blanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member