Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a sparse amount of location data has entered the public domain. But I trust the AA.

Several folks on here have compiled location data released by both sides. I believe @sk716 was putting it into Excel and sharing it for analysis at [findsuzannemorphew . tk], which has a suspended account.

Maybe some fellow sleuthers will enlighten us.....

JMO
Yes.. I went back to that Excel/site for a resource and it is now suspended so thought it was my computer or something.

I am trying to dig back to when BM did the back/ butt to ground photo "captured by a friend moment" to see where all they were that day, where they had just come from as I always thought that was just a very weird thing to do, but that's JMO

Do we know that is why she relocated or did she relocate because she thought the work for Barry had dried up and she knew she couldn’t be hired by DSI?
What we know is, that the great Bare fired her after she “disobeyed” and gave LE her phone. We also know that she told Lauren that she was afraid of him. That’s enough for me!

Am wondering whether he would take SD too Indiana to meet his family and how he would introduce her ? Am pretty sure he would - talk about a complete lack of self awareness and respect for Suzanne. Don't know what has a more nauseating effect on me - him smiling outside the courthouse or the thought of him taking his current g/f to Suzanne's hometown

Moo
I’m guessing that BM family met SD when they were in Colorado for his Preliminary hearings in August ( his Mom and sisters were here).
On September 17 when he was released on a cash bond he had more family here. This is a quote from his Defense at that hearing.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1438985069008498699?s=21&t=E0e1m-Vn4r0_0DLoqgS2bw
There are 10 people representing his family in the courtroom right now that have flown here. He intends to live near his two daughters who are here in Colorado.

Do we know that is why she relocated or did she relocate because she thought the work for Barry had dried up and she knew she couldn’t be hired by DSI?

She told Lauren Scharf she was afraid of him:
“He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction. “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”

But Barry Morphew has questioned Gentile’s character in conversations he’s had with FOX21.

“She’s a meth head,” Barry said. “She’s mad at me because I fired her and don’t let her work for me anymore. She’s mad. So they’re not gonna say anything good about me.”

“I’m scared of Barry,” Gentile said. “I don’t want to see him again, ever again.”
‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

MG left her home on Mother’s Day to travel to Broomfield to do a job for BM. He left before she got there. He didn’t leave any tools to do the job. She stayed for 2 days waiting for materials to do the job. They were never ordered.
When she returned to Salida on Tuesday, she was approached by BM’s crony, GD and his nephew, TN. MG told the men she was cooperating with police and that she had given LE her cell phone.
BM called and fired her the next day. Why?
I don’t blame her for being afraid.
ETA I see @susiQ already answered your question. :)

It is my theory that Barry wanted to catch Suzanne at home, before she left for her Saturday afternoon bike ride.

He raced home, rage mounting, and pulled right up to the RR bay of their garage, leaving his door open.

Later, he backed his truck up, to the area where his trailer and Bobcat remained, also freeing access to the RR.

I think Barry left his truck parked from then on, until the early morning. IF Barry used his Bobcat, then he untrailered his trailer from the truck Saturday night, trailering it to the RR or a different vehicle.

Regardless it is my opinion that, when Barry reunited with his truck around 3:30 in the morning on Mother's Day, he positioned the Bobcat adjacent to the trailer, as oriented when LE locked PP down.

I think Barry was in contact with a deceased body within 12 hours of expiring. Barefoot but wearing cadaverine, Barry walked onto his trailer, stepped into the bucket of his Bobcat, and from there, climbed into the cab, where he snd cadaverine sat for a brief period of time, while he drove it off the trailer.

He may or may not have used the Bobcat for the purposes of concealment, but IMO there's a smoking gun here. Despite all his careful planning, I think he inadvertantly transferred cadaverine to his Bobcat. This blows all other possibilities out of the water. Gone girl, Cat, lover, abductor.

I don't know why Barry didn't take his beloved Bobcat to Broomfield. That makes no sense to me. Weakens his wallibi. He must really, really, really have wanted LE to see his abandoned Bobcat and find it innocent of involvement. But again, so too if it was in Broomfield all day.

One thing I hadn't considered until recently is this -- from upthread, someone referred to a log across a path --

Perhaps Barry used the Bobcat to create a diversion. If a mountain trail had a log blocking it, arranged by a landscaper who labored to create the vignette, LE might choose not to check further, determining the route to be impenetrable. Did Barry create a "natural" roadblock?

Busy B was very busy.

JMO
Yes. Why take the Bobcat off the trailer while at home if not to use it or the trailer there?

The awesome panel gathered for LS's video this evening seem to believe the body is buried. This is the reason:

"As an offer of proof, the People and law enforcement believe we are close to discovering the victim’s body. The People were hopeful that the search for, and the discovery of, the victim’s body would be concluded well before trial, but weather has complicated the efforts. Specifically, the area law enforcement has been focused on is in a remote and mountainous region nearby the Morphew residence. This area received a significant amount of snow over the winter months before a search could be completed. To date, the area has 5 feet of snow concealing the location where the People believe Ms. Morphew is located. As a result, the People cannot safely excavate this area and resolve this unanswered question."

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...49-34 Motion to Dismiss Without Prejudice.pdf

Yes. Why take the Bobcat off the trailer while at home if not to use it or the trailer there?

If he detrailered it in the morning like I think he did, perhaps it's because where he was going next, a trailer wouldn't go. Namely those mystery 14 miles.

(Barry seemed to know that, following his weird reset, he wanted one continuous drive to Broomfield.) So he left the Bobcat behind.... because perhaps he went a bit offroading at 4am -- before heading out of town.

JMO

If he detrailered it in the morning like I think he did, perhaps it's because where he was going next, a trailer wouldn't go. Namely those mystery 14 miles.

(Barry seemed to know that, following his weird reset, he wanted one continuous drive to Broomfield.) So he left the Bobcat behind.... because perhaps he went a bit offroading at 4am -- before heading out of town.

JMO
Right, but he could have left Bobcat on the trailer. Seems like a waste of time and energy to remove the Bobcat from the trailer unless he was going to use it or work on it. (or put the old blade back on, then later, after using switch back to the newly purchased/installed blade). ETA moo

She told Lauren Scharf she was afraid of him:
“He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction. “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”

But Barry Morphew has questioned Gentile’s character in conversations he’s had with FOX21.

“She’s a meth head,” Barry said. “She’s mad at me because I fired her and don’t let her work for me anymore. She’s mad. So they’re not gonna say anything good about me.”

“I’m scared of Barry,” Gentile said. “I don’t want to see him again, ever again.”
‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

MG left her home on Mother’s Day to travel to Broomfield to do a job for BM. He left before she got there. He didn’t leave any tools to do the job. She stayed for 2 days waiting for materials to do the job. They were never ordered.
When she returned to Salida on Tuesday, she was approached by BM’s crony, GD and his nephew, TN. MG told the men she was cooperating with police and that she had given LE her cell phone.
BM called and fired her the next day. Why?
I don’t blame her for being afraid.
ETA I see @susiQ already answered your question. :)

Maybe irrelevant but I keep going back to the tools BM did leave at HIE. The crew didn't need those? If not, why did he need to take them out of the truck? Did he bleach and wash them at the car wash? No one will ever know. Oh well. Moo

Last edited:
In order to offload the bobcat

Where is @sk716 - she was the master on all this?

ETA - in any event it's quite a critical piece of evidence because the bobcat and trailer were found exactly where the telematics suggested and IIRC, we also know that the bobcat telematics moved as well.

This makes it hard for the defence to attack the accuracy of the truck telematics.
IT also makes it hard for the defense to say he was sleeping like he said he was about 8pm.

Do we know if the old RR had a trailer hitch? Would you take the Bobcat off the trailer to load your ATV on the trailer? Then hitch your trailer to the old RR. You bring the RR as far as you can up the mountain then drive the ATV with SM’s body the rest of the way to your burial spot, mine, grave, or ravine.
He’d do it to avoid the telematics on the truck and the Bobcat. It sounds like a lot but BM loads and unloads this equipment every day. No big deal.

Maybe irrelevant but I keep going back to the tools BM did leave at HIE. The crew didn't need those? If not, why did he need to take them out of the truck? Did he bleach and wash them at the car wash? No one will ever know. Oh well. Moo
I was horrified when MG said she still had the shovel and other tools at her house. Why would LE not have seized these for testing?

January 2021 Lauren says that MG told her that BM never asked for those tools back.
At 10:35

Only a sparse amount of location data has entered the public domain. But I trust the AA.

Several folks on here have compiled location data released by both sides. I believe @sk716 was putting it into Excel and sharing it for analysis at [findsuzannemorphew . tk], which has a suspended account.

Maybe some fellow sleuthers will enlighten us.....

JMO
Here is one of the spreadsheets compiled by @sk716.
Barry's Truck Events

Her other info including the timeline and a searchable aa show only “Account closed” at the link. She did an incredible amount of work compiling all this info. She hasn’t been around since mid March. Hope she’s okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member