Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two main things I came away with after watching the clip of the cringe GMA “interview”:

1) Liar.
2) Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt.

When is someone going to conduct a real interview with BM and ask him the tough questions? Oh that’s right! NEVER. Because neither BM nor IE would ever agree/allow such a thing. That GMA piece was nothing more than an orchestrated couple of brief statements after charges were dismissed, and the spin doctor IE attempt at swaying public opinion that an innocent man was being framed by inept authorities. Sadly, the majority of GMA’s audience likely haven’t followed the case closely and will buy into the spin. *Sigh*

I had to chuckle at BM stating he still loves his wife and wants her found while shaking his head side-to-side in the negative aka, no. Shades of his 26 second FB video with the similar staged concerned face while ‘pleading’ to Suzanne “Oh Suzanne”, and the abductors lol “however much they want, we’ll do whatever it takes to get you back, NO QUESTIONS ASKED” yada, yada, yada, and “honey, I love you so much and just want you back so bad” while throughout the video, shaking his head side to side in the negative-no.
Oh Barry. Can’t hide or control what your subconscious knows, tells/reveals.

One last thought, judging by his burnt/fried/tanned skin, amazing he has the time to hit the tanning booth while doing whatever it takes/searching for his missing wife.
#sarcasm.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Agent Grusing "interviewed" him for 30 hours supposedly. Some of it in the AA. It all seemed rather cordial, with no interrogation or confrontation. Not enough info/evidence from those interviews for a trial.

[. ]

“I’ve never seen prosecutorial misconduct this egregious in my entire career,” defense attorney Iris Eytan said. “I will file a request for investigation because I believe they withheld exculpatory information which would have pointed toward Barry’s innocence. I believe they concealed evidence and I believe that they manufactured evidence in this case.”

Eytan said she planned to file a complaint with the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel, an arm of the Colorado Supreme Court which helps regulate attorney diversion and discipline, among other duties. Once a request for an investigation is made, then it’s up to the office to decide whether or not it will take it on.

[. ]

Eytan accused the investigation of being so fixated on Morphew as his wife’s murderer, they have only searched in areas where he could have hid her body instead of considering other options.

“Instead of looking where Barry might have murdered her they need to look where Suzanne might have been abducted," Eytan said. "Talk about garbage. That’s what this case is. Garbage in. Garbage out.”

[. ]

Eytan said the investigation didn’t sufficiently follow up on unidentified DNA discovered on Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle, on her bike helmet or in her car. A tracking dog brought into the case followed her scent to an area of the Arkansas River, which was never explored. Investigators found a half of a cup of coffee on the counter the day she went missing and a bowl of cat food waiting to be put in a dish at the family home.

Barry Morphew, Eytan said, doesn’t drink coffee and he never fed the cat.

“The fact is, they never followed up on any leads,” Eytan said. “I know Barry wasn't involved in Suzanne's disappearance But i wish I knew what happened just as much as anybody else."
Can we subpoena the cat? Or would Iris quash that, too?

JMO

No doubt in my mind either.

You know... you just have to wonder if the man feels any guilt at all, not only for what he did to Suzanne, but the massive lie his girls (and probably his family) believe, and how devastated they'll be when the truth of his actions finally does come out. Or, is it possible he's crossed that line and he's already convinced himself he's innocent?
IMO, he'd already crossed that line long ago and he has not so much convinced himself he's innocent, as acquitted himself - under Barry authority - of committing any crime worthy of public attention or punishment.

What about State authority? Well, BM has little respect for that. In BM's mind, only suckers play by those rigged rules. Thus the paying workers under the table and providing no common worker protections (unemployment insurance, worker's comp, employer share of payroll taxes). Same with voting SM's ballot. Same with tranquilizing deer and sawing off their antlers. Who knows what else?

SM committed to marriage to him and she wanted out, with her share of marital assets. That was enough disobedience against his authority for him to justify his ending her life. End of story in Barry-world.

I think BM in his mind has justified murdering Suzanne. His reasoning will be that he saved her from her life of sin. Never mind anything he's done. She was the sinner who stepped out of line and needed to be punished to save her from herself. I think, like Scott Peterson, he will never admit anything, ever, no matter what is shown to be hard cold irrefutable fact. He's going to ride this all the way down. I think like Peterson he'll continue to have familial support, at least publicly. Behind closed doors may be an entirely different story.

I hope he appreciates every day he is out walking around in the world as a gift, because it is.

moo
Absolutely agree here that BM believed his stopping SM from both adultery and divorce was "saving her" according to his personal, religious beliefs.

Also, while I've never believed BM used a gun, I do believe BM tranquilized SM specifically to be able to tell himself that he only "put her to sleep," and this was not murder. Can't you just hear BM talking to himself all the way to Broomfield... "Oh Suzanne,..I tried talking sense to you but you left me with no choice but to euthanize you."

And after BM's convicted, he'll become a martyr.

I would have been nice if that GMA appearance was used to put out a plea to find their mom/wife. It would have been way more believable that they were interested in finding her, if there was a plea from any of them. If they didn't even discuss Barry being "wrongfully accused" and instead pushed forward with any kind of plea to find Suzanne. It was everything but that.

Or, is it possible he's crossed that line and he's already convinced himself he's innocent?

I reckon he's completely justified himself for his actions Saturday May 9th 2020, on that same day. Genuinely believe he feels he 'had no choice' or 'she made me do it ' or some other such ridiculous blame laying thought process - he's ignorant enough to believe he is the most important person, that existed ever, and that everyone in his life is there too serve his whims, needs and so on. JMO.

I think everyone clings to the hope that someone with first hand knowledge came forth and told LE where Suzanne was recently. A body and informant would be enough to get a new trial. In the absence of that in my opinion I don’t see anything happening in the near term unfortunately.
The motion to dismiss makes strong statements about the need and desire to find SM's remains, so it lends itself to this belief.

Where would this be? According to the motion, the remains are believed to be located in an area:

1. In a remote and mountainous region nearby the Morphew residence,

2. where a search was commenced in 2021,

3. that received a significant amount of snow over the winter months before the search could be completed, and

4. which, as of mid-April, had 5 feet of snow concealing the specific location where investigators believe Ms. Morphew is located.

This seems to speak of a very specific location to be searched as soon as conditions permit. I credit Sheriff Spezze with being sincere and honest when he says LE remains committed to this case, and that includes the search for SM's remains.

I've been through Salida several times on the way to Monarch and beyond. But I haven't been recently, and I don't know the area well enough to have an idea about this location. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

I would have been nice if that GMA appearance was used to put out a plea to find their mom/wife. It would have been way more believable that they were interested in finding her, if there was a plea from any of them. If they didn't even discuss Barry being "wrongfully accused" and instead pushed forward with any kind of plea to find Suzanne. It was everything but that.
That GMA appearance was scripted. While I harbor no doubts about the pain the two daughters are feeling about their mother's disappearance and their need for healing, they also managed to express a few other things that align with IE's potential civil suit and determination to demonize Linda Stanley (which happens to serve a civil suit as well).

It is NOT Linda Stanley's job to find Suzanne (despite BM's best efforts to conceal her); it is her job to charge and prosecute criminals for the criminal acts they conducted in her jurisdiction, based upon her evaluation of the evidence gathered by LE and the likelihood that the evidence will gain a conviction. Nevertheless, I do hope that LE and their investigators are able to locate SM's remains and any evidence that discovery reveals about the person responsible for her disappearance so whatever yarns BM has woven can finally be exposed as the fabrications they are and he will be seen for the reality of who he is by anyone who doesn't care to live permanently in la-la land.

IMO, it is astonishing how BM's family members have managed to demonize everyone except the culprit - Lauren for her continuing interest on the part of the public in what happened to SM and her attempts to interview anyone who might have any related knowledge, innocent or otherwise, and Linda for daring to pursue the sainted BM with a murder and related charges (and a domestic violence enhancement).

And I notice there was no mention of freeing up the reward from the restriction that it be for "SM's safe return, no questions asked." So much for doing everything that can be done to find her, regardless of her condition.

That GMA appearance was scripted. While I harbor no doubts about the pain the two daughters are feeling about their mother's disappearance and their need for healing, they also managed to express a few other things that align with IE's potential civil suit and determination to demonize Linda Stanley (which happens to serve a civil suit as well).

It is NOT Linda Stanley's job to find Suzanne (despite BM's best efforts to conceal her); it is her job to charge and prosecute criminals for the criminal acts they conducted in her jurisdiction, based upon her evaluation of the evidence gathered by LE and the likelihood that the evidence will gain a conviction. Nevertheless, I do hope that LE and their investigators are able to locate SM's remains and any evidence that discovery reveals about the person responsible for her disappearance so whatever yarns BM has woven can finally be exposed as the fabrications they are and he will be seen for the reality of who he is by anyone who doesn't care to live permanently in la-la land.

IMO, it is astonishing how BM's family members have managed to demonize everyone except the culprit - Lauren for her continuing interest on the part of the public in what happened to SM and her attempts to interview anyone who might have any related knowledge, innocent or otherwise, and Linda for daring to pursue the sainted BM with a murder and related charges (and a domestic violence enhancement).

And I notice there was no mention of freeing up the reward from the restriction that it be for "SM's safe return, no questions asked." So much for doing everything that can be done to find her, regardless of her condition.
Like "Someone needs to find our mom/wife " but "It's not our job to do anything to help find our mom/wife." Which technically it's not, BUT...

If they believe Suzanne was abducted, where are the pleas to release her? Other than BM's 27 second FB thing. No mention of BM's recent efforts to find his missing wife, nor of the reward. Is he still offering a reward?

What's not said is just as interesting as what was said.

Like "Someone needs to find our mom/wife " but "It's not our job to do anything to help find our mom/wife." Which technically it's not, BUT...

If they believe Suzanne was abducted, where are the pleas to release her? Other than BM's 27 second FB thing. No mention of BM's recent efforts to find his missing wife, nor of the reward. Is he still offering a reward?

What's not said is just as interesting as what was said.
It has been two years. Even if she had been abducted I can’t imagine she is still alive. Finding her is critical as I suspect both families are not entirely certain Barry killed Suzanne…just a suspicion on my part. There are enough missing pieces that are unanswered.

RSBM Thanks @Cindizzi
“I’ve never seen prosecutorial misconduct this egregious in my entire career,” defense attorney Iris Eytan said. “I will file a request for investigation because I believe they withheld exculpatory information which would have pointed toward Barry’s innocence. I believe they concealed evidence and I believe that they manufactured evidence in this case.”

She “believes”. So, what was concealed? What was manufactured? The circumstantial evidence is mostly electronic Pings, telematics, CCTV, and information obtained from computer programs (pics) and texts. Am I to think the Sheriff’s office had secret access to the cloud and the ability to backdate and add information ?) Did they themselves insert the conversation the DAY BEFORE HER DEATH “I’m done I could care what you’ve been up to for years. We just need to figure this out civilly," she texted her husband on the morning of May 8. Later on that afternoon...... investigators described Barry Morphew as suicidal. "I promise you are wrong about all the crazy thoughts about me," he texted at around 3:52 p.m. that day. "Only a fool would stray from an angel like you. When I'm dead, which won’t be long, you guys will be taken care of.”'

Or was everyone who turned over information conspiring with Chaffee County, to frame Barry?? That would be quite something. Maybe it was text inserted by an unhappy Apple employee. Oddly the electronic information does have an eyewitness so to speak. It is Barry himself who confirms most of it. Chasing chipmunks, following elk, looking for a weeks old dead turkey, he thought she was having an affair...

“Eytan accused the investigation of being so fixated on Morphew as his wife’s murderer, they have only searched in areas where he could have hid her body instead of considering other options.”

Not a word, or sighting by family, friends, or lover in over two years. Didn’t acknowledge her father’s death. Hasn’t used her passport and has no substantial assets. No ID, it was left behind with the money in her wallet.

Please IE share your wisdom, where do you suggest?

“Instead of looking where Barry might have murdered her they need to look where Suzanne might have been abducted," Eytan said. "Talk about garbage. That’s what this case is. Garbage in. Garbage out.”

Yep, at least 5 trips by Barry. Nobody can speak better garbage than your client, Iris.

Eytan said the investigation didn’t sufficiently follow up on unidentified DNA discovered on Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle, on her bike helmet or in her car. A tracking dog brought into the case followed her scent to an area of the Arkansas River, which was never explored. Investigators found a half of a cup of coffee on the counter the day she went missing and a bowl of cat food waiting to be put in a dish at the family home.

We all know that the DNA and dog scent is absolute bull$*advertiser censored* and so does Iris but she continues to spew her nonsense. Talk about garbage

Perhaps that’s where a “Bowl of cat food” waiting for dish comes in, It's Iris speak!

What difference does the cup of coffee and the bowl of cat food make? Easily explained - it was from the day before he killed her.

@Knox...but, but, but....makes too much sense. Do you think the cat may have drank the coffee? Hmmm

Last edited:
I think everyone clings to the hope that someone with first hand knowledge came forth and told LE where Suzanne was recently. A body and informant would be enough to get a new trial. In the absence of that in my opinion I don’t see anything happening in the near term unfortunately.
A witness would seal the deal for sure.

RSBM Thanks @Cindizzi

She “believes”. So, what was concealed? What was manufactured? The circumstantial evidence is mostly electronic Pings, telematics, CCTV, and information obtained from computer programs (pics) and texts. Am I to think the Sheriff’s office had secret access to the cloud and the ability to backdate and add information ?) Did they themselves insert the conversation the DAY BEFORE HER DEATH “I’m done I could care what you’ve been up to for years. We just need to figure this out civilly," she texted her husband on the morning of May 8. Later on that afternoon...... investigators described Barry Morphew as suicidal. "I promise you are wrong about all the crazy thoughts about me," he texted at around 3:52 p.m. that day. "Only a fool would stray from an angel like you. When I'm dead, which won’t be long, you guys will be taken care of.”'

Or was everyone who turned over information conspiring with Chaffee County, to frame Barry?? That would be quite something. maybe it was text inserted by an unhappy Apple employee. Oddly the electronic information does have an eyewitness so to speak. It is Barry himself who confirms most of it. Chasing chipmunks, following elk, looking for a weeks old dead turkey. he thought she was having an affair...

“Eytan accused the investigation of being so fixated on Morphew as his wife’s murderer, they have only searched in areas where he could have hid her body instead of considering other options.”

Not a word, or sighting by family, friends, or lover in over two years. Didn’t acknowledge her father’s death. Hasn’t used her passport and has no substantial assets. No ID, it was left behind with the money in her wallet.

Yep, at least 5 trips by Barry. Nobody can speak better garbage than your client, Iris.

We all know that the DNA and dog scent is absolute bull$*advertiser censored* and so does Iris but she continues to spew her nonsense. Talk about garbage

Perhaps that’s where a “Bowl of cat food” waiting for dish comes in, It's Iris speak!

@Knox...but, but, but....makes too much sense. Do you think the cat may have drank the coffee? Hmmm
Garbage and evidence into the 350 and garbage and evidence out of the 350.
Hope they asked to see the boot laces he saved.

RSBM Thanks @Cindizzi

Or was everyone who turned over information conspiring with Chaffee County, to frame Barry?? That would be quite something. Maybe it was text inserted by an unhappy Apple employee. Oddly the electronic information does have an eyewitness so to speak. It is Barry himself who confirms most of it. Chasing chipmunks, following elk, looking for a weeks old dead turkey, he thought she was having an affair...

I just want to point out that SM sent her "I'm done... " text and BM responded on May 6 rather than May 8.

Also, good catch on all IE's "I believe..." claims about prosecutorial misconduct.

Based on substance as thin as "I believe," I would think it a steep uphill climb to EITHER motivate a judicial investigation into prosecutorial misconduct OR succeed in a civil suit to require the State "pay Barry for the irreparable harm..." Judge Murphy found sufficient cause for trial based on the evidence presented in the AA and at the preliminary hearing, even as he also stated that some of the evidence included in the AA would not be admissible at trial (so presumably was appropriately discounted in his decision to hold over for trial).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562