Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I think Barry came to believe it was someone local and the mini cam and the sneaking back onto the property (when Suzanne and her BFF were there) were attempts to catch them. I think Barry would've made good on his promise, graphic. And disposed of that newly castrated soul 6 to 150 feet down. And Suzanne would've been eternally grateful that he lived her that much -- would never stray again and no one would ever know or talk about it again. Narcissists DO think like that.

Personally I think Barry was willing yo do anything to control and keep Suzanne ( he calls it love) and when he realized he couldn't, anymore, he killed her.

Jmo

No Suzanne wasn’t here to see JL’s behavior after Barry killed her. BUT, JL’s wife and six kids had to endure his behavior. I’m very sad she reached out to someone who was married.
It's not for me to condone or not condone SM's behavior, but I can be happy she had joy in her life.
JL and JL alone is responsible for his decisions and behavior. SM reaching out by facebook to JL could have easily been ignored or politely handled by JL. It definitely did not have to lead to an affair. As JL's spouse or child, I would hold him solely responsible for all his behavior.

I also personally feel we know from SM's texts with Sheila that SM freely admitted she had made mistakes - I do believe she was tormented by this "mistake". She had joy on the one hand, but enormous guilt on the other hand, that she had become that "person" who was in an extramarital affair. And yes to me - heart breaking and complicated on so many levels.
Just IMO

Last edited:
I’m also very suspicious of him but why hasn’t anyone come forward claiming a relationship or an encounter?
It has always been my thought that perhaps his encounters were not with the opposite sex. And maybe with others who were also in a heterosexual marriage situation. Purely speculation. Just IMO

It has always been my thought that perhaps his encounters were not with the opposite sex. And maybe with others who were also in a heterosexual marriage situation. Purely speculation. Just IMO

As soon as he made the statement that he would open his life up for immunity, or something to that am effect, this was my first thought about BM. imo

edit: spelling

Last edited:
Your comments have made me remember how Barry continually says cancer and treatment affected Suzannes ability to make good decisions. Well, what affected his ability to make good decisions? He certainly isn’t able to take any responsibility for his actions.

The more I’ve looked at this case, i believe every family picture was fake. I’m sure there were days when Suzanne, or the girls or even Barry didn’t want to smile but BM insisted they smile. They were HIS trophies.

If we go back further to their dating days, remember when Suzanne saw Jeff at a party? I think even then she had second thoughts about marrying Barry. And Jeff said Barry was enraged and threatened him. Tells me two things. First, Barry was a bully. He should have addressed his concerns directly with Suzanne. Second, Jeff wasnt really “into” Suzanne. He didn’t follow up. I think he was the one she dreamed about who got away. The one she thought about when Barry was gone doing whatever he was doing. The one she wished she might have ended up with. That is why, later in life, when she had enough of being married to a narcissistic bully, she reached out to Jeff. Jeff didn’t reach out to her. She reached out to him. In his boredom or delusion, he responded. I do not blame his wife and six children. Jeff’s wife was very pretty at that time from the pictures I have seen. Suzanne just made herself available and flattered him and he returned the feelings. Like you, I don’t see them being soulmates. That is why I hoped his wife was able to go forward and be happy. How degrading all this had to be for her. She has kind of been forgotten here.

Back to the one who was murdered. All the blame lies with Barry. Yes Suzanne did wrong as do many millions every day. But where was her kind and loving and supportive husband when she needed him all those years? He did NOT exist. Everything was about HIS needs. He planned her murder. He messed up. A lot of mistakes were made. FBI Agent Grusing had Barry figured out from the beginning. And to this day does he take any responsibility for his actions? Oh no, not Barry! It was Suzanne’s poor decisions. he makes me sick.

I will be so thankful if and when he is charged once again and found guilty. He better be enjoying himself now. His daughters will pay dearly for supporting him.

Barry will never admit any wrongdoing, in his mind he was the sad victim in the relationship. He’s mastered the skill of subtle tactics in damaging Suzanne’s reputation. I feel horrible for Jeff’s wife and children. It could be false information but comments indicate they’re still married, bless her, I’m not so forgiving.

Your comments have made me remember how Barry continually says cancer and treatment affected Suzannes ability to make good decisions. Well, what affected his ability to make good decisions? He certainly isn’t able to take any responsibility for his actions.

The more I’ve looked at this case, i believe every family picture was fake. I’m sure there were days when Suzanne, or the girls or even Barry didn’t want to smile but BM insisted they smile. They were HIS trophies.

If we go back further to their dating days, remember when Suzanne saw Jeff at a party? I think even then she had second thoughts about marrying Barry. And Jeff said Barry was enraged and threatened him. Tells me two things. First, Barry was a bully. He should have addressed his concerns directly with Suzanne. Second, Jeff wasnt really “into” Suzanne. He didn’t follow up. I think he was the one she dreamed about who got away. The one she thought about when Barry was gone doing whatever he was doing. The one she wished she might have ended up with. That is why, later in life, when she had enough of being married to a narcissistic bully, she reached out to Jeff. Jeff didn’t reach out to her. She reached out to him. In his boredom or delusion, he responded. I do not blame his wife and six children. Jeff’s wife was very pretty at that time from the pictures I have seen. Suzanne just made herself available and flattered him and he returned the feelings. Like you, I don’t see them being soulmates. That is why I hoped his wife was able to go forward and be happy. How degrading all this had to be for her. She has kind of been forgotten here.

Back to the one who was murdered. All the blame lies with Barry. Yes Suzanne did wrong as do many millions every day. But where was her kind and loving and supportive husband when she needed him all those years? He did NOT exist. Everything was about HIS needs. He planned her murder. He messed up. A lot of mistakes were made. FBI Agent Grusing had Barry figured out from the beginning. And to this day does he take any responsibility for his actions? Oh no, not Barry! It was Suzanne’s poor decisions. he makes me sick.

I will be so thankful if and when he is charged once again and found guilty. He better be enjoying himself now. His daughters will pay dearly for supporting him.

Barry will never admit any wrongdoing, in his mind he was the sad victim in the relationship. He’s mastered the skill of subtle tactics in damaging Suzanne’s reputation. I feel horrible for Jeff’s wife and children. It could be false information but comments indicate they’re still married, bless her, I’m not so forgiving.

Barry will never admit any wrongdoing, in his mind he was the sad victim in the relationship. He’s mastered the skill of subtle tactics in damaging Suzanne’s reputation. I feel horrible for Jeff’s wife and children. <modsnip: Please do not discuss social media 'comments'>

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect that, even though Suzanne was likely well aware of Barry's ability to rage and/or be unreasonable and knew how unpleasant he could make a day -- or night -- I think she was afraid he'd hurt himself. He pulled the narc card -- threatening suicide. Making a move toward jumping out of a moving car??? That leg injury, what was THAT????? I think he went from bully to victim, guilting her into giving in. That, if she left him, he couldn't live without her and the daughters would just have to carry on without a dad.... big ol' bobcat-size tiny violins...

And I'm guessing that at some point, and possibly that week, Suzanne said her piece and he threatened suicide and Suzanne told him to dowhatyouregonnado, Icantberespondibleforyourchoices. And that's when he knew he lost her. Because, I think, that always worked and this time it didn't.

I don't think he EVER seriously contemplated suicide, only used it to guilt, gaslight, manipulation, extort Suzanne.

But justify killing her? Her thinking was broken, he told himself. Girls needed him, you know, breadwinner. All ego. He said it, he worked, he made the money. Suzanne "did nothing". (I assume he meant she didn't work outside the home but way to devalue her contribution to their lives -- raising children, running the household, doing his invoices, all the while having to clean up after him, make him look good, etc).

When he knew he lost her, IMO he also knew there was another man. So he set up a mini camera. Trail cams were already aimed at the hot tub (and sunning chairs). Never know when there'll be a hot tub full of hot Salida girls, he wouldn't want to miss that.

Suzanne was no longer his pet. Hardest thing he ever had to do, he put her down.

That simple, that evil.

Jmo
yeah.
That.
And all the time convincing himself he was doing God's will...

I like everything you said but I actually do think Suzanne believed Barry would kill her. Why she chose to stay home that fateful weekend is beyond my understanding. She knew he was capable and yet she felt free. Maybe she was too enamored with Jeff L to see what was right in front of her. I’m still aggravated that Jeff didn’t come forward. I hope his wife and family have moved on without him. I don’t mean to sound cruel but he sure was playing a deadly game.
I agree.

I think the heart of the matter was that he personified a warped version in his mind of:

"If I can't have her, nobody can", which was:

"I don't really want her anymore, but the 'other man' can't have her and make off with what's mine -- Suzanne, her money, and her shine as the perfect wife that brightens my image as the perfect prestigous upstanding Christian family man."

JMO

Not necessarily adults either based upon his internet searches.
How does one explain those to his children?

Barry dabbled in silver with someone else's money, as I recall. And by someone else's, I mean Suzanne's.

I wonder how many firefighter conventions and trainings Barry went on wink-wink over those last years, that curiously no other ffs were called to.
I would hazard a guess that their money was legally commingled since they married and up and to perhaps after the move to Colorado.

I would hazard a guess that their money was legally commingled since they married and up and to perhaps after the move to Colorado.
Given it was decades since SM had personal wages/earnings to "legally commingle" with her husband, I'd say this guess is flawed.

However, we do know SM was the beneficiary of at least two estates that she legally deemed her separate property. Why else would BM promise to pay her back? Common sense dictates this was intended a loan.

If I remember correctly, BM borrowed money from a joint credit line to invest in silver. To that effect, I agree with @Megnut that it was the equivalent of risking SM's money -- especially if their personal residence was security for the LOC.

I don't think anybody's accused BM of being bad at managing money. To his credit, it was a significantly different time when the cost of money (i.e., interest rates) was some of the lowest in history. Had the forecast for silver paid off, it would have yielded a substantial profit. MOO

Yes, I wondered the same! Also considered paid services. And if cheating was long suspected by SM, I can see party(s) located in IN reluctant to go public. Who, in their right mind, would ever want to go down in history associated with this dude? Google is forever!

Totally agree and have from the start. His constantly working out with his dude friends, volunteer FF, going on hunting trips with the guys, just never wanting to be home with Suzanne.

None of that makes a person gay or homosexual, but he had no desire to genuinely show love and affection. He was cold and distant according to her convos with her best gf and once the girls got older and Suzanne was all alone, that's when she looked for attention elsewhere. I don't think it was just an affair to Suzanne, I think she was genuinely in love with JL and wanted to have a future with him. Barry was NOT going to allow that to happen, period.

What would happen to his cover and the perfect christian family image he loved to present to world? Nope, that and the money, poor Suzanne was marked that day she told him she was done.

Karma, she's a witch and has a long memory. Watch out BM.

MOO

Then, the document smashes through those alleged denials with his alleged fire-and-brimstone remark that maybe 49-year-old Suzanne Morphew’s “disappearance was a form of God’s judgment,” as investigators put it.

“Barry has made at least thirteen assertions by his third interview with the FBI, most of them unsolicited, that he had no idea about the affair and asks Agents to say they believe him,” an extraordinary footnote of the 131-page affidavit states. “This contradicts other statements made to the FBI and his actions in 2019 to find out who Suzanne is talking with and who she is seeing on her trips.”

Months earlier, the husband’s phone allegedly showed a number of sexually-charged internet searches about a younger woman, a “girl,” and a “Teen Diary” entry from the “9th Grade.”

Among the phrases authorities found in the deleted web searches were “Older Man Younger Woman Relationships — YouTube,” “3 base! My first hand job: Dear Teen Diary, 9th Grade, Entry 14 — You Tube,” and “how to make a girl orgasm utube,” according to the affidavit.

Authorities say that all of those searches were in the January 2020 time frame, and later that month, his phone accessed, “LocalSnapSext [dot] com,” “Find a Cute Girl Near Salida,” and “Come Get Dirty.”

Documents said on page 110 that “Barry was shown the photos of nude women and sexual encounter dating sites recovered from his cell phone. He said he never had a dating website and the images and websites recovered must have been from pop-up ads when he was viewing *advertiser censored*. Agents agreed such images and dating sites could have come from Barry viewing *advertiser censored* on his phone.” On page 91, Barry Morphew allegedly said that he “never went to a site, a *advertiser censored* site” and that he’s “against watching *advertiser censored*.”

“I do not, I do not watch *advertiser censored*. Have I looked at a naked woman on one of those sites? I have before,” he allegedly continued. “But if there was ever a site that was searching for a woman, it was not me.

Given it was decades since SM had personal wages/earnings to "legally commingle" with her husband, I'd say this guess is flawed.

However, we do know SM was the beneficiary of at least two estates that she legally deemed her separate property. Why else would BM promise to pay her back? Common sense dictates this was intended a loan.

If I remember correctly, BM borrowed money from a joint credit line to invest in silver. To that effect, I agree with @Megnut that it was the equivalent of risking SM's money -- especially if their personal residence was security for the LOC.

I don't think anybody's accused BM of being bad at managing money. To his credit, it was a significantly different time when the cost of money (i.e., interest rates) was some of the lowest in history. Had the forecast for silver paid off, it would have yielded a substantial profit. MOO
“It’s all about money,” she is quoted as saying, a topic that she estimate was responsible for “80%” of their arguments.

“If you want your money, I’m going to pay you back,” the husband said at one point in the conversation.

Read the full 131-page affidavit below:

I'm thinking it was the opposite. I believe BM tricked SM and she let her guard down. Something happened around Thursday-Friday following the "let's be civil" (in the dissolution) text that SM was actively searching homes for sale in town or Salida (for herself and the minor daughter) with BM's blessing. SM texted the listing to BM.

IMO, Friday evening and pizza with BM pleasantly surprised SM per her Saturday exchanges with JL. Unfortunately, this is typical narc behavior to crank up their level of "nice" to regain lost ground where I don't think SM saw this coming. She was relaxed, sunbathing on her patio, and dreaming of her future.
Maybe he caught her off guard but I don’t think she was that naive. I think she was consumed with thinking of her relationship with Jeff that Saturday. I still believe she was in horror when she was murdered. I think BM let her know his plan when he got home Saturday afternoon.

It's not for me to condone or not condone SM's behavior, but I can be happy she had joy in her life.
JL and JL alone is responsible for his decisions and behavior. SM reaching out by facebook to JL could have easily been ignored or politely handled by JL. It definitely did not have to lead to an affair. As JL's spouse or child, I would hold him solely responsible for all his behavior.

I also personally feel we know from SM's texts with Sheila that SM freely admitted she had made mistakes - I do believe she was tormented by this "mistake". She had joy on the one hand, but enormous guilt on the other hand, that she had become that "person" who was in an extramarital affair. And yes to me - heart breaking and complicated on so many levels.
Just IMO
I agree.

I agree.

I think the heart of the matter was that he personified a warped version in his mind of:

"If I can't have her, nobody can", which was:

"I don't really want her anymore, but the 'other man' can't have her and make off with what's mine -- Suzanne, her money, and her shine as the perfect wife that brightens my image as the perfect prestigous upstanding Christian family man."

JMO
Great post. I think he has done same thing to his daughters as far as control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth