Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new to the case, but whats everyone's thoughts on the DNA found in her Range Rover, the article i read said the dna belonged to someone tied to multiple sexual assaults

It was a partial match to a couple of different sex offenders in CODIS. Let me say something about what that means. YOU could be a partial match as well. CODIS has only felons in it - but had they sent the same sample to, say, Othram, there could have been 1000 or 10000 partial matches.

Humans are 99.999% identical. So, each DNA study system uses specific regions of our DNA to compare. They found some of the same genes in the glove compartment (IIRC, it was on an owner's manual - so had been touched by car detailers, the dealer, the factory where it was made) as they found in some sex offenders. However, it was NOT a match.

And again - YOU could be the next match, if this technique was used in general. If we were all in a DNA database (I'm in two of them), we'd find ourselves matching all kinds of miscreants and others - as we are all related.

We all have very similar DNA. Since the glove compartment is not part of the crime scene AND because of the kind of misrepresentation by the defense (although it's understandable), here we are, 3.5 years later and this red herring is still swimming (and I get that).

I could go on (I'm related to a whole bunch of interesting people - pretty closely, too - not unlike this "partial match" from the glove compartment). "Partial match" could and is used to describe degrees of relationship that are like fourth cousin 2X removed. Direct lineage is a bit stronger (a parent/grandparent/great grandparent). Trust me - if you were to follow your own genealogy back to around 1800, you'd find some miscreants in there somewhere. Just statistically, we're all related. And if we go back far enough, we are ALL related to a sex offender of one kind or another. I am including cultural practices in which consent was not required or expected. Such as those of England or Germany in the 10th-16th centuries.

IOW, it's unlikely that the person who touched the owner's manual WAS the actual sex offender - but perhaps a cousin or something. They may get dragged into this, though.

As far as we know, this is not a stranger sex assault case. No sexual assault has been alleged. All the facts point directly to intimate partner violence.

I hope everyone here starts thinking about what kind of DNA might be in THEIR car (that would be exploited by the defense if you were harmed). Because the DNA from the manufacturers is there. It's possible to parse the DNA well enough to give hints (sometimes facts) about where the DNA came from (in the JonBenet case, the stranger DNA on the underwear was from a specific region in China - where the newly purchased underwear was manufactured). I do not think that some hapless Chinese worker got a visa and flew to Boulder to kill JonBenet.

As someone new to the case, your question was a good one - but I'm curious. Why was that your first question? Do you know the other facts of the case? Sorry if that sounds rude in text - I don't mean it that way. I'm truly curious

IMO.

Not exactly. As I recall, the jobsite was on Highway 50 just south of Salida near the Arkansas River. This would be on a different road south of Salida and not apparently anywhere near the river. But it would south, not north, as was the Denver landscaping job.

Now how would BM know anything about the Moffat area? Hmm.
Land for development maybe?

No, it’s south about 45 miles...he was going north past Denver. But easily enough time for him to accomplish it though.

If you think about it - I went back and looked - the helmet/bike were found west of their house. Barry was headed North to work for his alibi. The fact the body was found south really makes the most sense in terms of throwing them off.
When did he hide the body? During the night? After the work site? Where does a 45-minute trip south best fit in?

I wonder if a dart was found with her remains.... did he remove it? I totally think that is what happened... can't believe we are finally reading she was found. Really want justice on this
I just woke up to this news :)
Thought BM would be happy, roaming around where he chose.

Now can't wait, to hear, he sits in a cage: finally.
Hope all his money is disappearing with lawyer fees.
YIPPEE.

:):)

This is the most wonderful news! :) Has he been arrested yet? moo

Melinda Moorman Balzer, Morphew's older sister was told the news by Chaffee Co Sheriff John Spezze earlier today. First to get the news as next of kin, though, was #barrymorphew, Suzanne's husband, who was suspected and charged in Suzanne's death.

BREAKING. the news #SuzanneMorphew's family has been waiting for. Her body was found in Saguache County, the adjoining county to where the Morphews lived, by Colo Bureau of Inv personnel who weren't even looking for her. They were on another case and happened to find her.

Last edited:
When did he hide the body? During the night? After the work site? Where does a 45-minute trip south best fit in?
I'm of the opinion, if it were Barry, he would have hid her later on, after the initial investigation and using a different vehicle. I think the metadata from his vehicles would have indicated he was in that area. Just a hunch.

(((( GROUP HUG ))) !!!!

So strange that I thought about Suzanne a couple of days ago and wondered if ole Ber Ber was still in the US.

I can’t imagine the emotions her family must be going through right now. At least now she can go back home.

I’ll wait patiently for another very emotional video from Barry. Ya know, like the first one?…. Oh Suzanne……

Hope he had a clean pair of britches nearby when he heard the news. Sure wish we could see it.

Here’s the window: May 9th 10:17 to May 10th 4:30 am #BarryMorphew phone was in airplane mode. Prosecution asks Agent Grusing if that's enough time to dispose of a body-- Grusing says "it is." @KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat