Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I can’t believe she’s been found! Good to see all of you here for Suzanne. There WILL be justice for her. I kinda don’t think he’ll do a runner. I think he’ll double down on his lawsuit and keep on playing the persecuted victim right until the very end. I hope the prosecution takes their time and gets this right this time. And I hope Suzanne herself provides the necessary evidence that does him in!

I had a sleepy overnight crazy thought that Barry is probably freaking out, so much so that anyone around him would notice. It wouldn't surprise me if the place where Suzanne was buried had some meaning.

The crazy thought was Barry trying to convince his attorney's to add to his lawsuit that LE disturbed her final resting spot ...

My mouth dropped when I saw she was found. I am surprised she was in a shallow grave, I thought she was so well hidden that she would not be found. I'm waiting on the significance of where she was found (if any).
There goes the wild animal theory BM, (sarcasm)

I am glad for her family who may lay her to rest now. BM is next of kin, then her daughters. I hope they allow her to go home.

Seriously if a sheet,bag,tape,anything is found with her remains that could be connected to her home..Shows over.
A kidnapper would not grab her off her bike then (right) go back to her house to get some kidnapper dumping materials.

MOO
Ranging widely in the area of evidence….

—dirt samples
—plant residue
—pine cone?
—pollen
—dropped wipe-ie
—whatever the tip was that brought them to that location, even if for a different person

Thank you. Did the girls call their dad at any point asking about mom? I'm thinking they did? Did he suggest they call the neighbor? Do we know what he said to them?

jmo
Not sure if the girls called or texted him. Redacted
pg 20 affidavit

While on the jobsite, Barry explained that his neighbor, Jeanne Ritter, called him and explained’ ___ still could not reach Suzanne. Jeanne, who has the access codes for the house, asked to go check the house. Jeanne discovered Suzanne’s car was there; however, her mountain bike was not. Barry stated he had texted Suzanne, “Happy Mother’s Day,” earlier, as did their daughters. Barry stated his daughters had not received any replies from Suzanne. Also, Barry stated there is no cellular phone service at the house, unless the phone is on the Hughes Net Wi-Fi internet service. Barry stated, “I was at the job site when Jeanne called me,” adding that Jeanne called around 5:00 PM. Barry left the jobsite and drove to the hotel where he dropped the tools off in the lobby. He then drove directly back to Salida.”*

Wasn't the last proof of life a photo/phone conversation with her boyfriend? minutes before Barry arrived home and her phone went forever silent? She was sunbathing and had a brown towel...that is missing.. I don't remember if they mentioned locating a swim suit in the closet? I thought on the floor?
The photo was a bit earlier though. IIRC her swimsuit was found hanging up (a skill I doubt Barry has). Her bike shorts were in the closet -- I suspect Suzanne was half-dressed, likely in a blue shirt as might've been customary, never got a chance to wear her shorts. IF she showered, it might explain all those missed calls -- IMO she was preparing for a bike ride, may have asked BM earlier to put her bike ON her vehicle (not off), missed his calls while showering, and may have been in the laundry room preparing to launder a daughter's bedding when BM showed up. She would've known IMO how angry he'd be that she hadn't answered, despite a reasonable excuse (plus I think her phone WAS plugged in, recharging bedside, because she'd drained it with JL and would want a full charge for her upcoming SATURDAY bike ride).

BM came home raging (first from viewing his "trail cams" from the worksite and second compounded by her not taking her calls. He wouldn't care if she was in the shower or away from her phone). Suzanne locked the bedroom door. It's not a jump to guess she tried to lock all of the doors. Hence, BM's chipmunk run, door to door to door. DENIED, as Suzanne blocked him at each one. I do wonder where he made entry ultimately. He had to stop her at that point, before she could call 911. Hence breaching the bedroom door, hence IMO the phone being pulled from the wall, charger and all, just exactly how he would later dispose of it, chucked perhaps from his truck into the PS Market wastebin, which he later hoped to re-stage, only better. Maybe get a mountain lion to chew on it some.

This time I hope there's a grand jury indictment, followed by bail he can't afford because he already blew all of Suzanne's money to secure his freedom up till now, followed by a trial and conviction.

So Suzanne can have a proper burial somewhere she loved, and Barry can have a proper barry-all behind bars.

JMO

Last edited:
This morning, the first article on my homepage was that her remains has been located. I was shocked, relieved, grateful, and then terrified Barry the snake might be able to convince more people of his “innocence”. Luckily this doesn’t lend itself well to the “IT WAS A MOUNTAIN LION!!” theory.

I hope that with her remains will be signs of what I believe he did to her, and therefore leave him in jail for the rest of his life. Suzanne’s last say, so to speak.

This is probably crazy thinking, but you don't think BM moved Suzanne's body after LE said they had a good idea where she was located but couldn't reach it, and in his haste just buried her there in a shallow grave hoping she would eventually be found? He was right in that area for a long time staying with his 'friends'.

Again, I know it's a wild theory, but LE finding the body up in the mountains behind PP would have made BM look more guilty IMO. Maybe by moving her in a direction he though a 'kidnapper' would have taken her and burying her in a shallow grave might have fit his narrative of her being abducted in his sicko mind.

Regardless, I'm so happy for Suzanne. Justice delayed is justice denied and this poor woman deserves justice.

MOO

This morning, the first article on my homepage was that her remains has been located. I was shocked, relieved, grateful, and then terrified Barry the snake might be able to convince more people of his “innocence”. Luckily this doesn’t lend itself well to the “IT WAS A MOUNTAIN LION!!” theory.

I hope that with her remains will be signs of what I believe he did to her, and therefore leave him in jail for the rest of his life. Suzanne’s last say, so to speak.
No, no a mountain lion, just a self-smug 2 legged predator.

JMO

I do take back what I posted concerning BM ability to hide a body.
He’s extra sick to sleep tight every night knowing she will be ravaged & scattered out there.
Like others, I thought he would place her in a cave or even entomb her in that slab they dug up. Monster.

Moo
This gives me hope that Maya Millete’s remains are not all that thought-out-concealed in CA.

Not sure if the girls called or texted him. Redacted
pg 20 affidavit

While on the jobsite, Barry explained that his neighbor, Jeanne Ritter, called him and explained’ ___ still could not reach Suzanne. Jeanne, who has the access codes for the house, asked to go check the house. Jeanne discovered Suzanne’s car was there; however, her mountain bike was not. Barry stated he had texted Suzanne, “Happy Mother’s Day,” earlier, as did their daughters. Barry stated his daughters had not received any replies from Suzanne. Also, Barry stated there is no cellular phone service at the house, unless the phone is on the Hughes Net Wi-Fi internet service. Barry stated, “I was at the job site when Jeanne called me,” adding that Jeanne called around 5:00 PM. Barry left the jobsite and drove to the hotel where he dropped the tools off in the lobby. He then drove directly back to Salida.”*
Still not getting the nugget of who first was alarmed. BM called the girls first to urge them to call Suzanne for Mother's Day? If so, that is absolutely heartless.

It's not especially alarming for an adult not to be reachable for a few hours so not sure why the neighbor had to be called to check, except to get the ball rolling and for BM to ensure he wasn't the one who had to call 911.

Sorry for re-hashing what are probably tedious details to people who followed diligently over the years. I dropped out of the case for awhile. Now that we know WHERE Suzanne was put, I'm eager to figure out the timeline with that knowledge. Who did what and when?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member