Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it is easy to speculate in the excitement, and we don't know if they will find things that actually make the case more difficult or point in a different direction but I do think we can summarise

1. This allows the case to be recharged in good faith.

2. This is likely to confirm the bike/helmet were staged which is quite critical IMO.

if this were a rando attack, we shouldn't expect to see staging. Concealment of forensics yes but not staging.

It was wise not to. It would be hard not to be noticed taking the bobcat somewhere.

I thought he was going to be able to conceal her really well out behind his property. If he planted a large bush or a tree above her, would anyone notice during a search? I'd think he could use his heavy equipment on his own land, before she 'went missing.'

Something that happens in these missing body cases is that lots of cunning intelligence gets credited to the killer when often he was just lucky.

Relying on the vastness of Colorado to conceal the body is actually a great and obvious strategy. A shallow grave is a dumb move because of animal disturbance but it often happens because digging a deep grave takes a lot of time

I've never believed that BM was particularly smart about any of this.

I think a lot of us overestimated Barry's expertise as a commercial landscaper.

My friend has a business that does commercial landscaping---he can dig very deep holes and place very large trees in the ground, and move heavy boulders around, and plant mature shrubs.

I assumed Barry was going to bury her deep, and plant a large bush or tree above her, or place a large boulder on top.

So a shallow grave which allowed her bones to be revealed and identified seems surprising, given his potential skills.
Good point. He went just far enough in distance as not to be close and just deep enough in the ground to not be noticed for years. But his "just enough" was not good enough, thanks to Edna.

jmo

I wonder if her chemotherapy port was still in her body when she disappeared? Remember, the one on her photo in the hospital, if I am not forgetting, with a blue top? What if he used it? Then there may be a tad adhering to the plastic. Keeping fingers crossed...

(And if it is not there, and should have been, even more suspicious).
If he used her port to inject the tranquilizer, it explains the marks on his arms perfectly.

He will never reveal what he did and how he did it, but I'm hopeful her remains will.

Jmo

Help, please?
I need to search for an ordinance survey map from his home to burial site?
Looking for fast ways to get there..
tracks etc...?
Anybody know how I can find this using exact geolocations of both sites insofar as we know them, we have not been told where exactly she was located.

Thinking truck can travel roads blocked to cars because of terrain?

The only other scenario I can think of is that he brought her body into the motel and prepared it there for dispersion?
The bleach..?

Then dumped her en route home?
I don't think he took her to the motel because he was on security cams everywhere there. I think she was disposed of before he arrived to the job site.

I don't think he took her to the motel because he was on security cams everywhere there. I think she was disposed of before he arrived to the job site.
hmm he did load quite a 'lot of tools' in there though..and he spent 12 hrs in there.. I'm only considering it since a few hrs ago as an explanation for the missing data..

I am shocked he chose a location near a city at all, if not within Maysville.

But he may have been a mile or two outside of Moffatt, Moffat being the closest city for reporting purposes.

Well, now we know BM availed himself of a vehicle-- ATV (with extra fuel reserves?), Suzanne's vehicle, neighbor's vehicle. Vehicle with a hitch? Hence backing up his truck? Maybe he hoped to use his beloved Bobcat, minus the SIM card but damaged the blade on the first push....

Cadaverine from Suzanne's body got on there somehow, though he was certainly a nexus.

All he needed was a shovel.

Transport Suzanne from PP in a yeti.

Leave all his other shovels in Broomfield.

Who would ever know one was missing?

JMO

Can someone remind me who first called LE about Suzanne missing? I can't remember! Her daughter called the neighbor and the neighbor called police? Is that right?

tia!
According to the papers, which were filed on September 21, Morphew's new residence is too close to his former home, and that of former neighbor and trial witness Jean Ritter – who he is banned from contacting.

It was Ritter, 73, who reported Suzanne, 49, missing on May 10, 2020 after being contacted by her daughters Mallory, 21, and Macy, 18, when they were unable to get hold of her to wish her a happy Mother's Day.

Something that happens in these missing body cases is that lots of cunning intelligence gets credited to the killer when often he was just lucky.

Relying on the vastness of Colorado to conceal the body is actually a great and obvious strategy. A shallow grave is a dumb move because of animal disturbance but it often happens because digging a deep grave takes a lot of time

I've never believed that BM was particularly smart about any of this.
RBBM
I‘ve never believed that BM was smart about anything.

He could have driven elsewhere and picked up a different vehicle. Did he have access and keys to any fire station vehicles?
12 missing miles, plus or minus.

6 miles to/from.

A borrowed vehicle?

Perhaps BM used an ATV and a Yeti to remove Suzanne from PP, drove to a secondary vehicle. Which he used to get to Moffatt.

That left turn stands out. Could it be something this simple? In his haste, he took the keys with him? Had no choice but to drive them back to the secondary vehicle?

Those 12 miles are an anomaly. What was so important?

Stage her phone? Return keys? Whatever it was, it was important.

JMO

12 missing miles, plus or minus.

6 miles to/from.

A borrowed vehicle?

Perhaps BM used an ATV and a Yeti to remove Suzanne from PP, drove to a secondary vehicle. Which he used to get to Moffatt.

That left turn stands out. Could it be something this simple? In his haste, he took the keys with him? Had no choice but to drive them back to the secondary vehicle?

Those 12 miles are an anomaly. What was so important?

Stage her phone? Return keys? Whatever it was, it was important.

JMO

He forgot to get rid of her bike helmet

Omg omg omg! Just catching up this morning on other cases when I saw Suzanne's thread with the tag "Found Deceased"... I had to blink a few times and check my eyes to be sure but this is the most amazing news! FINALLY justice for Suzanne can be the focus of this investigation rather than Barry the supposed victim of a wrongly pursued investigation.

Tick tock Barry, tick tock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members