Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the papers, which were filed on September 21, Morphew's new residence is too close to his former home, and that of former neighbor and trial witness Jean Ritter – who he is banned from contacting.

It was Ritter, 73, who reported Suzanne, 49, missing on May 10, 2020 after being contacted by her daughters Mallory, 21, and Macy, 18, when they were unable to get hold of her to wish her a happy Mother's Day.

Thank you. Did the girls call their dad at any point asking about mom? I'm thinking they did? Did he suggest they call the neighbor? Do we know what he said to them?

jmo

Can someone remind me who first called LE about Suzanne missing? I can't remember! Her daughter called the neighbor and the neighbor called police? Is that right?

tia!
Suzanne was last seen on Mother's Day 2020 when she left for a bicycle ride around the Maysville area. A neighbor called 911 to report that she had gone for a bike ride and never returned.

Suzanne Morphew timeline: From missing persons report to ...

https://www.denver7.com/news/local-... last seen on,charges of first-degree murder.

Presumably there is an unidentified vehicle at play. imo

Barry Morphew Asked About Immunity

CBI Agent Derek Graham was next to take the witness stand.

Graham testified that the tire track casings found near where Suzanne’s helmet was located did not match Barry’s truck or two Range Rovers. DNA collected from the helmet also did not match Barry’s DNA.

Watching with interest from Australia.

BM turned his mobile to Airplane mode around 10 May 2020 & was seen on CCTV going to dumpsters etc from the hotel.

BM is TOAST !

SM brother had 700 people searching for his sister.... ! So sad....

This is how quite a few bodies turn up over the years

See the McStays. An animal dug up the shallow grave and a dirt biker passing by saw bones
And see Gabby Petito. IIRC, searchers found three other sets of remains in that area while searching for her. It's just unbelievable how many dead people are scattered around in the wilderness.

Actually.... she may have been in her biking clothes. From Saturday's ride, for which she may have been preparing.

I hope they recover every single bone.

Jmo
Wasn't the last proof of life a photo/phone conversation with her boyfriend? minutes before Barry arrived home and her phone went forever silent? She was sunbathing and had a brown towel...that is missing.. I don't remember if they mentioned locating a swim suit in the closet? I thought on the floor?

Omg omg omg! Just catching up this morning on other cases when I saw Suzanne's thread with the tag "Found Deceased"... I had to blink a few times and check my eyes to be sure but this is the most amazing news! FINALLY justice for Suzanne can be the focus of this investigation rather than Barry the supposed victim of a wrongly pursued investigation.

Tick tock Barry, tick tock...
When we just thought about mountains and snow and that snow would fall again soon .... Suzanne is found. A miracle! Thanks to another poor woman, who probably also disappeared through her SO; we don't know yet.
That BM brought his wife to a place in the South of Salida and chose his destination for his unallowed Sunday-work in the North direction, certainly was a nice thought out plan by Barry. (Please, don't be critical, when I describe North/South.) MG perhaps would know, if BM has a connection to this Moffat area or if it is only a desert, where a body can be laid to disappear.

Remember when BM was caught going through the trash at the Poncha Market at 8:00 pm on 5/12/20, two days after SM went missing? The Market was closed, but the employees were still on the premises. After he was caught rifling in the trash, he knocked on the window and told the employees that his wife was missing and made a hastily scrawled note on the back of a receipt:
Baby Blue bike
helmet
biking clothing
He didn’t even include a description of SM.
I’ve always wondered about what he was doing there that night. That day SM’s brother, AM, was in town to help search along with several others who had flown in with him. BM had slipped away from everyone. He was up to no good.
The Poncha Market is right off Highway 285, the road to Moffat.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1506.jpeg
    IMG_1506.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 28
IMO only - in general, in most regions of North America, a body buried more than 4 feet will skeletonize (soft tissue being removed from bone) in 2-3 years. A body in a shallow grave of 12" or less 6-12 months. Within this, the bones themselves are in different stages with bone weathering factors (soil type, sun, weathering).

Bone dispersion by animal predation is interesting with different bones being carried away from the original body site. Example, feet & the pelvic can be a distance away from the body, with the neck, mandible, & mouth remaining closer. imo

I'm looking forward to hearing how far from a roadway or trail the remains were found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members