Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anne Kelly is a badass. I know her personally from my domestic violence work. She was previously a senior prosecutor in Boulder County with a solid record. I am a hardcore Dem and she's an R and I donated to her reelection campaign. Yes, in these divided times. She has excellent domestic violence experience and is just as intelligent, logical, and grounded as can be. And she has a passion for victims.

ETA: I guess I know her professionally, not personally. You knew what I meant.
Wow...I hope she takes over the case. We need fresh eyes on this. Start over and get this done. Tick Tock Tick Tock...

Hi all! I’ve been sick and awoke to see the headlines. Needless to say, it perked me up.
All these years.
Oh Barry, was it worth it? Even thouth we don’t know details of the condition of her body, Barry knows how he killed her. And he doesn’t know what LE knows. If Grusing is still on the case, BM must be sweating bullets.
Anyone believe he is thrilled they found his lovely Suzanne and he is on his way to see the body? Or is it more likely he’s packing for a trip overseas?
Agent Grusing retired. Sad to say, because he was an amazing FBI agent. He put away a lot of evil ---like Mark Redwine, Leticia Stauch, and Patrick what'shis face.

But I hope he comes in as a consultant if they get another chance to take down BM.

If this goes the way we think, I hope it serves as a cautionary tale for Attorney's who go beyond "prove my client is guilty beyond reasonable doubt' to pure conspiracies against their totally innocent client.

Attorney's do not ask if clients are guilty. That is not their job. So unless IE had evidence proving BM's innocence, it was always highly dubious for her to go this far out on the limb IMO

Why take the reputational risk of that carpark hug?

Did she think that day could never come?

If she had been grabbed off her bike she would probably have been dumped in a roadside ditch somewhere not too far from her helmet. JMO

Agreed - but in any event we know she was not biking and I think the grave site will rule that out.

Wonder if her phone was with her?

Hopefully there is evidence that rules out an attack at home. It's always been dubious that a rando would stage the bike - why create suspicion of an abduction?

Barry has been too clever by half.

Didn't the daughter's refuse to speak with detectives? Why would they want to hear this news from people they have no rapport with?

Of course the DA and LEO are expecting their own father to tell them.

I could see it being a little bit different if they built a good relationship during the process. But this is just silly.
I agree. Why would they want or expect to hear it from LE when their father could tell them himself?

Also this:

"They had faith that their wife and
mom would walk back into their lives again.
The news is heartbreaking."

Why would they think she was going to walk back into their lives if she had been kidnapped off her bike and there was DNA from a sex offender in her glove box?

Did they not believe that evidence?

Just so astronomically improbable they they went looking for another missing woman, nowhere near where she went missing BTW, and found these bones. They weren’t even close to where Edna was last seen. We all know from other cases how difficult it is to find a body, an intact body. I can’t wrap my head around it.

I think a lot of us overestimated Barry's expertise as a commercial landscaper.

My friend has a business that does commercial landscaping---he can dig very deep holes and place very large trees in the ground, and move heavy boulders around, and plant mature shrubs.

I assumed Barry was going to bury her deep, and plant a large bush or tree above her, or place a large boulder on top.

So a shallow grave which allowed her bones to be revealed and identified seems surprising, given his potential skills.

Just so astronomically improbable they they went looking for another missing woman, nowhere near where she went missing BTW, and found these bones. They weren’t even close to where Edna was last seen. We all know from other cases how difficult it is to find a body, an intact body. I can’t wrap my head around it.

This is how quite a few bodies turn up over the years

See the McStays. An animal dug up the shallow grave and a dirt biker passing by saw bones

My friend has a business that does commercial landscaping---he can dig very deep holes and place very large trees in the ground, and move heavy boulders around, and plant mature shrubs.

I assumed Barry was going to bury her deep, and plant a large bush or tree above her, or place a large boulder on top.

So a shallow grave which allowed her bones to be revealed and identified seems surprising, given his potential skills.

He didn't use the bobcat

I wonder if something went wrong with his plans

For sure!

Unusual wording in her statement / comments.
_________

Suzanne will finally get to go home and be put to rest by those who truly love her.
Maybe Iris was a little shook. She got a surprise call from a reporter to tell her Suzanne had been found in a shallow grave.

No heads up from he trusted client? Is she now backpedaling a little?

He was in a big hurry. He didn’t drive that far. He didn’t bring heavy equipment and he didn’t have help from anyone. He needed to get back to stage his alibi. Let’s hope that means he made some mistakes, like items from the home buried (her clothing) with her that suggest time of death the day before Mother’s Day. There is also all that electronics data they have. Some of it might be re-interpreted in the context of this new location. Then there is the location itself…. Does he have some reason to go there, some linkage to it? LE has a lot of work to do.

I truly hope that BM notified his daughters when he was given the news that his wife was located. IMO, this statement is classic IE who can't help herself from taking every opportunity to smear the Chaffee County defendants et., al that she's suing for $15M with the goal of stripping them of their livelihood.

We've long known that the daughters would not talk/cooperate with the prosecutors, investigators, or community searches, and I doubt they had contact info for the very protected family members. I also don't doubt that if DA and LE contacted them, IE would be complaining the daughters should have heard the news from BM!
She would absolutely rant publicly if the girls had been contacted by Law Enforcement with such shocking news that should have been shared by family, not by those that are harassing their family.
And how convenient that IE leaves out that her own star client didn't share the news with her or seek her help to inform the daughters. JMO
I am amused about BM hesitating to share that news with his high powered attorneys. lol

He didn't use the bobcat

I wonder if something went wrong with his plans
It was wise not to. It would be hard not to be noticed taking the bobcat somewhere.

I thought he was going to be able to conceal her really well out behind his property. If he planted a large bush or a tree above her, would anyone notice during a search? I'd think he could use his heavy equipment on his own land, before she 'went missing.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member