Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is clear IMO.

He can't have taken her there in his truck because of the odometer readings. We only had some missing km - not 100s

So did he use a different vehicle?
40 miles, I think? 30 minutes drive, faster that time of night..
4 hrs were missing, remember - 48 hrs programme interviewed guy that measures these things..?

I was excited early today when I heard the news. Now that the news has settled in on me I wondering like many others what this does to the case. A DA earlier was willing to try BM without a body so the mere discovery of a body proving she is deceased I don't believe is going to be enough. I'm wondering the coroner and forensics staff are going to be able to get from the site. Cause of death? Clothing? Blanket or sheet the body was wrapped in? I can just bet there won't be cycling clothing/shoes or her Camelbak.
I think the body is enough. After the discovery violations crippled their ability to move forward (can’t present evidence if you can’t call the experts to explain it), they couldn’t just regroup and re-file; they needed more. The body is huge, because it proves once and for all she is dead, which was a major hurdle.

I agree, she won’t be in biking clothes. If Barry wanted her found, then she’d be wearing them, and wouldn’t have been buried. He left the house to dump her body, thinking that he’d be able to put her in a place where that sort of thing wouldn’t matter. As the saying goes however, “the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry”

We know she had never ridden in that location before. We know she didn’t bring things she would always bring (camelback and sunglasses). We know that she would have had to have not turned her phone on all morning (on fricken Mother’s Day of all days), and then bizarrely taken it on that bike ride.

No biking clothes? Now that’s one big cherry on top.

40 miles, I think? 30 minutes drive, faster that time of night..
4 hrs were missing, remember - 48 hrs programme interviewed guy that measures these things..?

He clearly has the time, but I think only a dozen or so km were missing - that is how they flushed out the left turn

I am beginning to wonder again what Barry meant when he described it as ironic he got busted in part because of that admission.

We need @sk716 to come back!

I think the body is enough. After the discovery violations crippled their ability to move forward (can’t present evidence if you can’t call the experts to explain it), they couldn’t just regroup and re-file; they needed more. The body is huge, because it proves once and for all she is dead, which was a major hurdle.

I agree, she won’t be in biking clothes. If Barry wanted her found, then she’d be wearing them, and wouldn’t have been buried. He left the house to dump her body, thinking that he’d be able to put her in a place where that sort of thing wouldn’t matter. As the saying goes however, “the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry”

We know she had never ridden in that location before. We know she didn’t bring things she would always bring (camelback and sunglasses). We know that she would have had to have not turned her phone on all morning (on fricken Mother’s Day of all days), and then bizarrely taken it on that bike ride.

No biking clothes? Now that’s one big cherry on top.

I agree - this is significant for refiling because they can come back in good faith.

I wonder if they will take their time for forensics etc - as now they have to update their theory of the case based on what they find.

They still need to rule out an abductor who struck at the house, and staged the bike (though why would any abductor do this???)

He clearly has the time, but I think only a dozen or so km were missing - that is how they flushed out the left turn

I am beginning to wonder again what Barry meant when he described it as ironic he got busted in part because of that admission.

We need @sk716 to come back!
any short cuts or mountain tracks or something that might get him there musch faster using less miles/
it's likely he knew the area cos of it's alignment with hunting../?

Need an ordinance map.

Susanne had a jeep cherokee off memory? scatch that...range rover.
an older one.
Not up to date in the techy way flashy Barrys truck was.
I have always suspected he took her away in her car.
Dumb criminal 1on1 stuff.
He is proving text book jilted desperate husband.

He sold it pretty quickly after she disappeared...hmmmm

IMO they will take their sweet time this time round.

Last edited:
Susanne had a jeep cherokee off memory? scatch that...range rover.
an older one.
Not up to date in the techy way flashy Barrys truck was.
I have always suspected he took her away in her car.
Dumb criminal 1on1 stuff.
He is proving text book jilted desperate husband.

He sold it pretty quickly after she disappeared...hmmmm

IMO they will take their sweet time this time round.
Yes, SM had a RR but I also recall talk of a jeep cherokee that I believe was owned by the neighbors where BM stayed after he was released from jail on bond. I think there was speculation that BM had access to the jeep. JMO

Help, please?
I need to search for an ordinance survey map from his home to burial site?
Looking for fast ways to get there..
tracks etc...?
Anybody know how I can find this using exact geolocations of both sites insofar as we know them, we have not been told where exactly she was located.

Thinking truck can travel roads blocked to cars because of terrain?

The only other scenario I can think of is that he brought her body into the motel and prepared it there for dispersion?
The bleach..?

Then dumped her en route home?

What a sad day, but wow, what a relief for Suzanne's siblings and friends.
Rest in Peace Suzanne, hopefully the truth come to light x

Moo
Her siblings and friends are very much on my mind.
Absolutely beautiful wonderful people.

I wish for strength and perseverance for them all.

And thinking ahead to a funeral which will in all likelihood exclude them..

They are strong people but they will be grieving too..

In July 2023, while LE was also searching for Edna Quintana, 55, of Saguache, missing since May 2023, they found the remains of a man who was later identified as James Montoya, 26, missing from Lakewood. Unfortunately, Ms. Edna has not revealed herself yet but she's been instrumental in helping two other families recover their missing loved ones.

Image: Suzanne Morphew

Suzanne Morphew's remains were found during a search Friday, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said, and the El Paso County coroner positively identified them Wednesday.

Officials have not released where exactly the remains were found, saying they were located during an unrelated search near Moffat in Saguache County
  • A map showing where the remains of Suzanne Morphew were found in Colorado.

Last edited:
I think the truck is not possible. There is obviously the suspicion he messed with the telematics but they did seem to function in the driveway and at RDS bus stop for example. I think the key is a different vehicle - one without telematics

Barry is with his daughters and they are all struggling with immense shock and grief after learning today that their mother and wife whom they deeply love was found deceased. They had faith that their wife and mom would walk back into their lives again. The news is heartbreaking."

"Neither the DA nor the authorities notified Mallory and Macy Morphew about the recovery of their mom."

"From what we know, Barry is as innocent as he was from Day 1. DA Stanley and law enforcement got it wrong. We hope the authorities will quickly admit their wrongful persecution of Barry, an innocent man, to treat the Morphew's like the victims they are, and charge the person(s) responsible for Suzanne's killing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kroberts47421