Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling...I bet BM took Suzanne to where her body was found to "show her something" and ended her right there or in that area to avoid having to put her body in the car and create evidence. Or tranquilized her and brought there alive. I shudder to think..

JMO

Last edited:
Sorry All... I was wrong... It's 45 minutes from house... Apparently can get there 2 ways... Via Poncha Springs and Poncha Pass, and somehow by backroads via Monarch Pass. I will try to find out more.
Good to see you here @NoSI! :)
BM's travel to Moffat to dump his wife in a shallow grave appears to be way easy -- he could do this with one eye closed!

I think Barry’s gonna do a runner.

I feel so bad for Suzanne’s daughters.
JMHO and you may be right that he’s simply a scared coward and I’d gladly take pleasure in the US Marshals hunting him down. But, his behavior exhibiting narcissistic traits makes me think that he want flee as that would be a sign of guilt- he’ll keep playing the victim role right up until his last breath. He seeks approval more than freedom- anyway how can he be convicted when he deems himself as the one harmed and betrayed- he has a rude awakening in his future. Karma is in route to collect!

Hmm.

I think he was in a rage when darting around "shooting chipmunks" (or squirrels or whatever - none of them needed to be shot). But was she dead at that point? I am on the fence. I think he might well have tranquilized her.

And then...killed her later. Which is not a fit of rage, IMO (unless, of course, he's one of those people who can sustain rage for many hours). He started the process of killing her in a rage (but had already fantasized/thought through how to kill her).

If he did strangle her, I think it happened off-premises. I've always thought this. And I think it's an attempt at creating the "perfect murder" and that part of it was thought out before. Or he's incredibly cagey and smarter than I think he is.

I'm very interested in rage (have never experienced it, myself; but have seen it). It's usually brief and the rageful person often makes lots of mistakes (like Barry). But he was not in a rage the whole time.

I'd like to think that most of us would just collapse, and turn ourselves in, or otherwise let others see a bit of who we truly are - if we found that during a rage, we had killed someone.

Ms SD will be crucial at trial. She knows and knew a lot.

IMO.
I agree that i could have been in a rage and she was not dead yet,tranquilized or knocked out. If he knew that he had gone too far and she would have even more reason to talk to the police, take custody of M, smear his name then this desperation could have fueled him away from any planned "I could get rid of a body and nobody would ever know" mentality. Unfortunately, organs are not going to be intact to tell if she was alive or knocked out prior to burying. I have always wondered if he pushed her into an old mine or buried her unconsious but alive if this helps him be confident that he didnt actually kill her.

Oh and a random stranger abduction/murder would typically NOT involve staging a bike and the helmet going in the opposite direction of the way he was taking her. Why would a stranger need to do that? They aren't known to anyone.. why stage anything.
Agreed, that's just it ! ^^^

& I can think of no one else who may have wanted to harm this lady.
No one else with a motive.

Excellent summary. Sadly, I'm thinking that after 3.5 years, there was no marrow left.

There could be evidence of the actual dart pierce in the bone, but I doubt any chemical components could be reasonably identified at this point (I'm thinking legally/forensically).

OTOH, we don't know. I always try to be hopeful. I would hope that if one of those compounds is found in the remains, that the Defense will not try to say that the same compounds could be found in other circumstances. I feel we need strong evidence that might only be in the bone marrow. But I think it's a long shot - and I too, am still hopeful.

Further, Suzanne would have needed to survive the initial dart in order for the metabolites to get into the marrow. (Entirely possible - BM is not exactly a medical/toxicology genius). If he did transport her quite some distance, there could be microscopic remains of the toxins in the marrow channels. Indeed, that's really state of the art forensics - which I assume will be used in this case.

To me, BM is an extreme scofflaw. He deserves to have every single scientific, state-of-the-art method used to convict him.

IMO.
Hi all! I’ve been sick and awoke to see the headlines. Needless to say, it perked me up.
All these years.
Oh Barry, was it worth it? Even thouth we don’t know details of the condition of her body, Barry knows how he killed her. And he doesn’t know what LE knows. If Grusing is still on the case, BM must be sweating bullets.
Anyone believe he is thrilled they found his lovely Suzanne and he is on his way to see the body? Or is it more likely he’s packing for a trip overseas?

I saw another post that the id'd individual was retrieving a package at the former's home... Let me see if I can dig that up.
May have already been answered but BM ordered vitamin or something like that and the package was delivered to his prior address- she trespassed to retrieve his package. That’s what I recall.

Good to see you here @NoSI! :)
BM's travel to Moffat to dump his wife in a shallow grave appears to be way easy -- he could do this with one eye closed!

Yes, he could dump and dig easy. With, as you say, one eye closed. Which is good because from now on he's going to to need to sleep with one eye open --

Bad boy, bad boy, what you gonna do when they come fo you?

Court TV keeps saying it is an hour and a half from their home. It looks to me like it's 50-60 minutes. About 50 miles. Could have done this during the time span his phone was in airplane mode. He digs holes for a living so 50 minutes down, 20 minutes digging shallow grave and 45 minutes home because it is safer to drive a little faster without a dead body in your truck. Two hours. Probably knew the area and had even planned it out in advance if he ever killed her, this is where he put her. He then leads cops in different directions away from this location.
Have you ever driven Colorado mountain roads? They're slower than flatland.

And hand digging a grave in rocky soil will take much more than 20 minutes.

Just a counterpoint.

#BREAKING

Snagglepuss, the mountain lion accused of murder by Barry Morphew, has released a statement in which he says that he intends to file a $15 million defamation suit against Morphew, who he claims falsely accused him of the murder of Morphew’s wife, Suzanne.
Best post of the day…well, besides Suzanne being found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aideen24