Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously if a sheet,bag,tape,anything is found with her remains that could be connected to her home..Shows over.
A kidnapper would not grab her off her bike then (right) go back to her house to get some kidnapper dumping materials.

MOO

I doubt it. BM is smart and a planner.

I hope he is brought before court, then I shall post what could help.

In general, though, the situation is much worse for him now that the body is found.

"The 49-year-old's bones were found in a remote, dry desert field of sagebrush and natural grasses south of Moffat, according to Saguache County Coroner Tom Perrin. He said it appeared that the remains had been buried in a shallow grave before being scattered."

Denver Gazette

Interesting "buried" but found during an unrelated search. I wonder how how the 15mm lawsuit is progressing now!
Yes !
I took that to mean it was evident her remains HAD been buried at one time.
Shovel marks , etc. ?

Can I fix the grammar error in the highly esteemed attorney's statement?
Don’t blame her. She probably couldn’t think straight when she realized that lawsuit was blowing up before her very eyes.

No, Suzanne isn’t alive, and no, she isn’t sunning herself courtesy of Barry’s stolen money, in Ecuador.

She also didn’t kill herself, and bury her own body in a shallow grave.

Law enforcement looked exactly where they should have looked, and Iris knows as well as we do, they’ve got their man.

If I recall, the search dogs hit on his backhoe tractor that was on his trailer in his driveway. Specifically the scoop part of it. I can’t find the relevant source here. Also very telling that his hotel room reeked of bleach. Something makes me wonder if he or someone else close to him moved her body to this field from the original hiding place after she was killed. Seems to leave too much to chance in a wide open sagebrush field less than an hour from home. Remember there was at least one missing cooler from his home, so she could’ve been stashed away anywhere until he or someone else had the opportunity to get to this field. Just thinking out loud here.

I think he’s confident he won’t be successfully p0
prosecuted. I mean the giant balls he had to sue….

<modsnip> To mentally abuse your wife with cancer, to pressure other women around you. He is courageous only with women. Not with men. And he was talking about her using drugs. She was having cancer, didn't she have the right for drugs?

Last edited by a moderator:
The search for Edna Quintana who suffers from an undisclosed medical condition and who went missing May 2023 while on a walk has now resulted in two different people being returned to their families- sending prayers for Edna and her family.

What amazing news I'm so glad that she has been found. Let's hope she gets justice.

Sorry if this is already been talked about but I recall there being a picture of Suzanne and Barry at Moffat, posing under a big arch made out of antlers. Wasn't that where he went to sell his antlers? I remember thinking what a macabre photo op. I'm pretty sure it has already been talked about in the early threads. And that there are also photos of antlers stacked up inside one of his own vehicles.

Anyone else remember this?
I thought that was in Jackson Hole, Wyo

Thinking back to BM's FB plea to/for SM, offering a large $$ reward to her captors for her release, it's becoming more clear that I don't think BM expected it would take 3 years to locate SM!

IMO, BM never counted on the investigation not producing a body and suspect tied to Moffit trade long before LE had an opportunity to look very closely at him, and ultimately charge him for SM's murder.

I think BM hoped LE would recover SM in the Moffit area which was in relatively close proximity to Maysville and where he could continue to push the narrative SM was the victim of an abduction --by the evil Cannabis underground world.

Shame on BM for ending her life and dumping her among the dry, desert sagebrush. MOO

#JUSTICEFORSUZZANE.

I absolutely agree with you. Somewhat overused term but I truly believe him to be a classic Narcissist or something similar to where he manipulates everyone and portrays himself as a victim.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a tad of borderline traits as well. He behaves very macho, but he essentially has few male friends, except for that ex-commando turned priest with X missions to Afghan or Iraq (long ago, don't remember them all). The communication he had with TD, the young youtuber who filmed him was strange...as if he wanted to befriend TD, but didn't know how?

Not to say that BM hasn't visited IN since his probation ended earlier this year but I think it's safe to say that BM's not currently residing anywhere near Hamilton County, IN, and any posts stating otherwise are relying on rumors or his use of his mother's address.

Take note that shortly after BM filed a $15M Civil Suit in the US District Court of COLORADO against the investigators and prosecutors in his criminal case, BM was sued for fraud in a land dispute by an Indiana couple.

Reportedly, BM was not in Indiana when his subpoena was served, and he's also not appeared in person in Hamilton County Court for the hearings already held on this case--the last hearing as recently as Sept 11, 2023, and instead, the record reflects counsel has appeared on his behalf.

BM also has some significant Court dates coming up on his Civil case in October and given he's the plaintiff, it doesn't follow he'd be absent from the state. Also, I'm sure the multi-party defendants being sued are eager to begin deposing BM-- especially now that Suzanne's remains have been located! MOO

For anyone new to the case, 48 Hours just uploaded this older episode

Thank you!

CBI said human remains were discovered during a search in connection with an unrelated investigation on Sept. 22 around the Town of Moffat. The remains were positively identified by the El Paso County Coroner on Sept. 27 as belonging to Suzanne Morphew, CBI said. Her family has been notified

Moffat is about 45 miles south of the Maysville area, where Suzanne was last seen.

CBI said specific information on exactly where the human remains were found — and the state of them — is being withheld.

rest of piece is about itis's hysterical screeches about

innocent men..

Interesting that BM asked FBI Special Agent Grusing if aerial searches were being done for disturbed soil, dig sites, burial sites.
Page 92

View attachment 449930
Thanks for this clip @Cindizzi from the AA!

Barry said, "If this is the case, then why wouldn't we have as many thousands of Agents as they've said has been on this case, why don't we have thousands of people doing a grid search, looking for any, anything that could be a dig site, a bury site, a piece of clothing?"

I really think BM believed that by burying SM in a shallow grave within 50-mile radius, the disturbed soil would have given her resting site away, and she would have been recovered during the summer or not later than the fall.

I think BM hoped LE would recover SM in the Moffit area which was in relatively close proximity to Maysville and where he could continue to push the narrative SM was the victim of an abduction --by the evil Cannabis underground world.
^^rsbm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads