Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rereading the AA from 2021 and this stuck out to me.

The F-250 and 2007 Range Rover were MM and MM's vehicles, but they were out of town on a camping trip, did they drive or did their friends?

Which vehicles were at the house?

Did telematics function on the F-250 and 2007 Range Rover? Was said data recorded?

We know Barry's truck, the F-350 had no telematic data register from 2:43 PM until 3:25 AM.

Where were the F-250 and the 2007 Range Rover during this time period and more specifically during the time Barry's phone was off (10:17 PM - 3:56 AM)?

Essentially, is there a logical possibility that either the F-250 or 2007 RR were/was at the house and could have been used for the drive to Saguache County?

MOO
From what I recall, the older Range Rover was at the Morphew house that night.

The 2007 Range Rover *may* have had telemetrics (I think it might be an add-on package). The F-250 though, might not have (I don't know the year). I don't think F-250's had GPS in 2006-2007 (but again, I don't know what year that smaller truck was).

I really do wish we knew more about those two other cars. It's daunting to go back over all those early threads to try and find the info.
Smaller truck was a 2016 I believe, so I'm assuming telemetrics would have been available? Another thought I have is that Barry attempted to disable telemetrics on the F350 and was unsuccessful...could he have been successful with the F250? Lots of questions and almost no answers sadly.

I really did not believe Suzanne would be found. BM had the means and knowledge and a particular skill set to make her disappear forever. I think he got sloppy, though. Lost his adrenaline rush when it started sinking in that holy cats, I killed her this time. I say "this time" because I do believe he'd hit her, more than she was admitting to anyone. I think there could be witnesses to some of that, physically present, if they chose to be honest about it.

I think we will see him re-arrested, but it may take a while. Loved the one reporter's remark that there were no arrests "yet".

I'm heartened to hear the other sheriff's enthusiastic remarks and I hope we see some significant movement on the road to justice for Suzanne.

all moo

I honestly think it was thought of but not planned that day. One of the situations when he was weighing in the possibility but theoretically, and that day, something broke. And then he had to improvise but because he had thought of plans, you know, he just chose one. I think so because something definitely didn’t go his way.

But - skills he had, and he is a cold hunter, and he did a lot of things “right” afterwards, even splurged on an expensive lawyer (the irony! It would have been cheaper to divorce).

I hope he gets what he deserves.

This is an older post, but no, the evidence only points one way, and it is not fueled by a dislike of Barry. In fact, I’d argue the opposite, that evidence is ignored because people find something likable about him.

Innocent people have no reason to lie about anything, and Barry lied about everything.

She asks for a divorce, and he tells investigators they have the perfect marriage.

She goes dark forever when he's the only one there, and he tells an insane story about that night that is contradicted by his phone, her phone, his truck, and his own conflicting stories. Then her phone last pings just before he left the house.

Then he drives to Broomfield for no reason, dumps trash, spends hours in his hotel, lies about his movements, lies to the Ritters when they call him (before he should have known a crime was committed, he lied, saying he was at the wall with his workers), he lies to CBI multiple times, and is literally caught on camera staging his alibi.

He admits to a frantic event in the backyard, confirms he used a tranquilizer (deer antler lie), places himself at the helmet location, deletes texts, and lies some more.

One of my favorite lies is when he said he and Suzanne had lunch together, eating veggie soup, which was actually a day or two before.

His phone, his truck data, and Suzanne's texts to JL about being alone, soundly refute this. Further evidence comes from a phone call Barry placed to Suzanne shortly after leaving, which makes no sense as they just spent a couple hours together.

To explain all of this, Barry claims he was looking for a long dead turkey in the backyard.

All of his lies are blown apart by multiple pieces of evidence, and every single one must be believed in order for Barry to be
innocent.

So you'd have to believe Barry was chasing chipmunks, looking for a turkey corpse, framed by a herd of elk that don’t herd that time of year, shooting deer that don't even have antlers to saw their antlers off, and looking for a bear or coyote in the darkness when Suzanne's Facebook requests went out.

Even then there are other pieces of evidence that must be explained:

You'd have to believe Barry and Suzanne breaking all established digital patterns means nothing (she is completely quiet and his location event count is off the charts)

That Suzanne went on a bike ride in a strange location that she had never ridden, without things she would always bring, and with a powered down cell phone that she never bothered to check on Mother's Day, with her daughters traveling home, on the day of her best friend's daughter’s wedding.

Barry had had the motive, means, and opportunity. He tells us why he did it, and he tells us how he justified it to himself.

Basically, "God judges Suzanne for cheating, and I had every right to do it."

Barry is a pathological liar, a fake Christian, a confirmed abuser (psychologically controlled Suzanne via threats of suicide), and a killer.

He just got one thing right...

UPDATE: Nope, he screwed that up too.
Great recap thank you.

I don't know but either way it attaches to a vein.

If I remember correctly, it was above her clavicle on the photo from the hospital. They could have changed it, but, still has to be a big vein.

I think this goes right along with SM writing in her iPhone notes about how BM left 2x during her cancer treatment weeks. Just speaks to the type of person Barry is.
And Barry never went to any treatments with her. When my mother-in-law had chemo, her husband sat with her and held her hand every time. Barry couldn't be bothered.

Smaller truck was a 2016 I believe, so I'm assuming telemetrics would have been available? Another thought I have is that Barry attempted to disable telemetrics on the F350 and was unsuccessful...could he have been successful with the F250? Lots of questions and almost no answers sadly.

I think if there were any telematics data from other vehicles we would know

We have seen the f350 Truck telematics, and the RR telematics are not believed to show anything. i.e the RR had no activity that weekend. If the RR telematics had anything useful it would have been discussed at the prelim.

Fair enough. I don't recall that rumor being dismissed. Even if the pool was closed there could still be chemicals stored in closet or pool room where the pumps and filters are kept.

I do think it matters who touched the tools. Yes, you bM on tape bringing them into the hotel but he had a plausible explanation for that. And once they are out of his possession anyone could have taken them and used them elsewhere, thus contaminating any dirt residue that was one them. But hey, if they found something useful on them, and they can use it to prove anything, I'm all for it. I just see the defense picking it apart.

Barry had been a customer at Salida Fire and Spa, just the day before Suzanne's disappearance.

<modsnip - reddit is not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's very hurtful to lose your reputation and your integrity," Barry said.
That stood out to me too. I mean, reputations can be wrecked in any number of ways, but only you can ruin your integrity,
through your own actions. I think it's telling. JMO.

Those are really good questions. It looks to me like the telemetry on the 2006-7 Range Rovers can be disabled. One can simply remove the battery (not sure if it's so simple on Barry's big new truck). However, I find it hard to believe that Barry could learn how to do that without...google searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member