Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Idris is drafting up an urgent motion to dismiss her civil case?
I really wonder. Her attachment to BM might be waning...

He didn't call her.

I can see an artfully worded presser about BM being gutted financially by "false charges" and that she's going to focus on his civil suit, which she will IMO promptly seek to delay until the criminal case is resolved.

Watching to see her next move.

Jmo

Last edited:
Regardless of which cemetery or which plot I have to guess Suzanne will be put to rest in Indiana. With her cancer battles surely end of life discussions were probably had with Barry and those wishes would be honored.
Wouldn't bank on it, she requested that Barry gave her a divorce and civility - didn't get either of those.

I do hope Suzanne's wishes in this matter are honoured however. She deserves to be laid to rest in the place of her choosing where her friends and siblings can visit. Somewhere beautiful and peaceful.

Moo

This is an older post, but no, the evidence only points one way, and it is not fueled by a dislike of Barry. In fact, I’d argue the opposite, that evidence is ignored because people find something likable about him.

Innocent people have no reason to lie about anything, and Barry lied about everything.

She asks for a divorce, and he tells investigators they have the perfect marriage.

She goes dark forever when he's the only one there, and he tells an insane story about that night that is contradicted by his phone, her phone, his truck, and his own conflicting stories. Then her phone last pings just before he left the house.

Then he drives to Broomfield for no reason, dumps trash, spends hours in his hotel, lies about his movements, lies to the Ritters when they call him (before he should have known a crime was committed, he lied, saying he was at the wall with his workers), he lies to CBI multiple times, and is literally caught on camera staging his alibi.

He admits to a frantic event in the backyard, confirms he used a tranquilizer (deer antler lie), places himself at the helmet location, deletes texts, and lies some more.

One of my favorite lies is when he said he and Suzanne had lunch together, eating veggie soup, which was actually a day or two before.

His phone, his truck data, and Suzanne's texts to JL about being alone, soundly refute this. Further evidence comes from a phone call Barry placed to Suzanne shortly after leaving, which makes no sense as they just spent a couple hours together.

To explain all of this, Barry claims he was looking for a long dead turkey in the backyard.

All of his lies are blown apart by multiple pieces of evidence, and every single one must be believed in order for Barry to be
innocent.

So you'd have to believe Barry was chasing chipmunks, looking for a turkey corpse, framed by a herd of elk that don’t herd that time of year, shooting deer that don't even have antlers to saw their antlers off, and looking for a bear or coyote in the darkness when Suzanne's Facebook requests went out.

Even then there are other pieces of evidence that must be explained:

You'd have to believe Barry and Suzanne breaking all established digital patterns means nothing (she is completely quiet and his location event count is off the charts)

That Suzanne went on a bike ride in a strange location that she had never ridden, without things she would always bring, and with a powered down cell phone that she never bothered to check on Mother's Day, with her daughters traveling home, on the day of her best friend's daughter’s wedding.

Barry had had the motive, means, and opportunity. He tells us why he did it, and he tells us how he justified it to himself.

Basically, "God judges Suzanne for cheating, and I had every right to do it."

Barry is a pathological liar, a fake Christian, a confirmed abuser (psychologically controlled Suzanne via threats of suicide), and a killer.

He just got one thing right...

UPDATE: Nope, he screwed that up too.
EVERYONE should read MassGuy‘s post. It’s a nice summary of the case!

I sure wish a reporter would ask IE about how they expected the wife and mother to walk back into their lives when they acted to immediately sell their home and how BM couldn't liquidate SM's assets fast enough!

I am looking at own kid. At 18 or 19 they do trust parents. Covid stunted Gen Z development, too - I think they are not that mature, these girls. And three years ago, a horrible thing happened. It will take them a while to process it all again.

I really wonder. Her attachment to BM might be waning...

He didn't call her.

I can see an artfully worded presser about BM being gutted financially by "false charges" and that she's going to focus on his civil suit, which she will IMO promptly seek a delay until the criminal case is resolved.

Watching to see her next move.

Jmo

Such a shame we may never see Barry plead the 5th to every question including to confirm his own name

I would imagine the autopsy/toxicology/full report will take weeks or months....

Holding out for a grand jury indictment following that.

He looks good in orange.

Jmo
I hope they take all the time needed to saw this up so there are no loopholes in the justice system. Maybe having LE in both counties work together and another DA who has iron teeth. (The one in the county where she was found). With Jon Grusing and FBI help.
God bless the Moorman family.
And May the daughters eyes be open, wide open, to the fact a lion would not drag SM for 50 miles. Nor did she run away with a lover.
Nor did the daughters beg for her to return. Seems to me a lot of apologies are due here and not to the Morphew family.

This is an older post, but no, the evidence only points one way, and it is not fueled by a dislike of Barry. In fact, I’d argue the opposite, that evidence is ignored because people find something likable about him.

Innocent people have no reason to lie about anything, and Barry lied about everything.

She asks for a divorce, and he tells investigators they have the perfect marriage.

She goes dark forever when he's the only one there, and he tells an insane story about that night that is contradicted by his phone, her phone, his truck, and his own conflicting stories. Then her phone last pings just before he left the house.

Then he drives to Broomfield for no reason, dumps trash, spends hours in his hotel, lies about his movements, lies to the Ritters when they call him (before he should have known a crime was committed, he lied, saying he was at the wall with his workers), he lies to CBI multiple times, and is literally caught on camera staging his alibi.

He admits to a frantic event in the backyard, confirms he used a tranquilizer (deer antler lie), places himself at the helmet location, deletes texts, and lies some more.

One of my favorite lies is when he said he and Suzanne had lunch together, eating veggie soup, which was actually a day or two before.

His phone, his truck data, and Suzanne's texts to JL about being alone, soundly refute this. Further evidence comes from a phone call Barry placed to Suzanne shortly after leaving, which makes no sense as they just spent a couple hours together.

To explain all of this, Barry claims he was looking for a long dead turkey in the backyard.

All of his lies are blown apart by multiple pieces of evidence, and every single one must be believed in order for Barry to be
innocent.

So you'd have to believe Barry was chasing chipmunks, looking for a turkey corpse, framed by a herd of elk that don’t herd that time of year, shooting deer that don't even have antlers to saw their antlers off, and looking for a bear or coyote in the darkness when Suzanne's Facebook requests went out.

Even then there are other pieces of evidence that must be explained:

You'd have to believe Barry and Suzanne breaking all established digital patterns means nothing (she is completely quiet and his location event count is off the charts)

That Suzanne went on a bike ride in a strange location that she had never ridden, without things she would always bring, and with a powered down cell phone that she never bothered to check on Mother's Day, with her daughters traveling home, on the day of her best friend's daughter’s wedding.

Barry had had the motive, means, and opportunity. He tells us why he did it, and he tells us how he justified it to himself.

Basically, "God judges Suzanne for cheating, and I had every right to do it."

Barry is a pathological liar, a fake Christian, a confirmed abuser (psychologically controlled Suzanne via threats of suicide), and a killer.

He just got one thing right...

UPDATE: Nope, he screwed that up too.
Thank you for putting this all together and writing it so well. It's perfect!

It breaks my heart that anyone would judge Suzanne. Despite the appearance of wealth and happiness, her marriage to a completely self-absorbed and greedy man was not at all as it appeared. No man is without sin, and I for one am glad that she at least had someone ... and was able to share things that BM was/is just unable to give.

Do we know for sure, that BM didn't use a vehicle from his Fire Department in Salida/Maysville? No fire truck, but another vehicle? Some "friendship service", exchanged between the Fire Department at BM's home town and the Fire Department at Moffat? Getting/bringing a tool or something like that? (Of course fake and not true.)

I am looking at own kid. At 18 or 19 they do trust parents. Covid stunted Gen Z development, too - I think they are not that mature, these girls. And three years ago, a horrible thing happened. It will take them a while to process it all again.
I've even thought that if the girls do think their dad killed their mom, they may be hesitant to voice any confirmation because he's the only parent they have left. Surely they saw their dad abuse their mom and possibly abused them. Imagine your dad killing your mom, you may just wonder if you open your mouth if he'll kill you too.

Poor Suzanne, two men in her life that she seemed to care about and neither one treated her well. Lover should have come forward when she was first reported missing, I'll never forget that. Husband was the worst.

Lover was out of desperation. BM missed her chemo and accused her of treatment being expensive. It was hopeless for both SM and JL. Don't blame him. Some unfinished gestalt, a girl he was in love with in high school. He paid a lot for it. Suzanne's real tragedy was Barry.

Regardless of which cemetery or which plot I have to guess Suzanne will be put to rest in Indiana. With her cancer battles surely end of life discussions were probably had with Barry and those wishes would be honored.
I'm sure the Salida Morphews would be happier than a clam to have her buried far away. Her grave is likely to become a beacon for those wanting to pay respects to a lady who had to lie dead in a field and get "scattered" for 3 years. Pretty sure her grave, if in Colorado will be a Mother"s Day pilgrimage. Anyway IMO it is up to her offspring to decide if they want her buried near Salida. So we can learn from that.

Imo

Hopefully the coroner will be able to hold on to Suzannes remains as evidence until a trial is over. If and when BM gets convicted they can then hand all over to her daughter's who hopefully would honor their grandfathers wishes. Lots more to be revealed -
It all brings up the senselessness of killing her in the first place for me - and just what a terrible situation this is
JMO
The idea of Suzanne's remains being handed over to BM is truly disturbing. He left her in a shallow grave somewhere in CO. She deserves her remains to be in the hands of ones who love and care for her ... and will take her home.

Sorry if this has been asked. I’ve been really sick but trying to read when possible about Suzanne.
Someone in a thread last night said the Daily had an article about Suzanne being found. I just looked and there’s nothing about Suzanne.
Did they delete it?

Sometimes the dead speak.
Suzanne spoke.

you can read all about it in this document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat