Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why he chose such an exposed location? Did he have somewhere more remote in mind? Had he started somewhere else but there was traffic so he relocated? Or did he have a location in mind but did some calculus and decided he might not have time? Just picked a spot and started? Did he choose a landmark so he could remember the spot?

Did telematics eventually give him away? Before, during, after?

In another case, LE had a tracker on a suspect, and when comparing data points, discovered a 5-minute discrepancy coming and going, isolated to a segment of the road... critical evidence leading to an arrest and eventual LWOP sentence.

Did BM make a subsequent trip out that direction, even for legitimate reasons, and some careful LEO noticed a time/mileage discrepancy and investigated?

BM may have felt bulletproof. LE looking at higher elevations. Under 6 feet of Colorado snowpack. Mineshafts.

Something to consider: might he have attempted, in the days leading up to Mother's Day Weekend, to prepare a grave somewhere else? Used his beloved bobcat, damaging the blade, ultimately deciding to abort. Worried about tracking...

In the case I mentioned above, at the time of the arrest warrant, LE theorized that the suspect paused on that stretch to leave the child's body there, later dispersed by animals. Only later did they discover that it was her second visit to that location, to retrieve his body to hide across country.

Attributing BM's frenetic movements around the house on May 9 to chasing Suzanne as she succumbed to sedation may need re-interpreting. In that scenario, why would he ever need to be close enough for gouges? I think his movements correspond with points of entry and eventual access and that he missed with the first dart and administered the second one manually.

JMO
I think Suzanne's remains may have been moved from their original spot. I'm sure I'm wrong, but it's just a feeling I have. Perhaps BM wanted to get them away from PP and more into a generic area to lead the investigation off of him. He was residing right there in PP for months staying with his friends.

Just a thought, MOO

No kidnapper is going to bury a body 3 feet.
They may throw some tumbleweed or plywood over the victim..but in that remote location.. I would doubt they would bother with any concealment.
Just incredible how transparent BM’s big picture he painted remains. What are the odds that a man who’s wife wanted a divorce just happened to be alone on Mother’s Day..her daughters both away,her husband away …decides to go for a bike ride and ends up an hour away under 3 feet of dirt. All whilst her busy husband is carrying shovels into a hotel lobby then leaving his room smelling like bleach & stopping at numerous trash bins to discard & discard.
Ugh.
I want to see his red botox face back behind bars. May justice be sure & swift.

MOO
Agreed, and no more tanning and hi lights for BM either. Gag :mad:

MOO

I think Suzanne's remains may have been moved from their original spot. I'm sure I'm wrong, but it's just a feeling I have. Perhaps BM wanted to get them away from PP and more into a generic area to lead the investigation off of him. He was residing right there in PP for months staying with his friends.

Just a thought, MOO
That was my first thought too, now I don't think so..

We have no information.
i'm grasping at straws..
How deep was the grave
was there evidence of when it was excavated
Soil disturbance caused by weather phenomena, erosion other disturbances.. over the 3 years?

was she covered and does any evidence of a cover remain?
What exactly covered her? Her own clothes or something else?
Jewellery?

how widely exactly were her remains dissipated? Someone on that Nancy Grace programme last night said it was quite a vast dispersion..

i don't know if that was accurate or not, if it is, it means there will be a very long and complex road ahead.

i thought her body was relatively intact when i first learned of the shallow grave..

Forensics can still be done, of course but the actual grave site, depending on how much remained intact would tell a whole lot more..

Just a thought, MOO
Don’t think so. That is messy and disgusting! Plus, BM knew he was being watched.

Correct. She cleaned for the Cushing’s - their neighbors across the creek in Monarch Estates. She did not clean the Morphew house that we know of. Remember Barry claimed to have met her at the dumpster after the murder. The other cleaning lady in the subdivision -was Bridget. Barry and Suzanne met her also at the dumpster while on a walk shortly before the killing. The association dumpster was located at the bottom of the Morphews driveway on Puma Path. Some of the houses in this subdivision including the Cushings, were rented out as Airbnb’s. JMO

By gum, the bolded is just classic Barry. Meeting his next squeeze across a crowded rubbish bin down at the dumpster, where he's saving a few pennies by not paying to have his work (and murder) waste properly disposed of.

The stars (and flies) aligned that day.

It's nonsense, of course, but still strangely believable.

Lovestruck at the dumpster. Well exactly.

Thank you so much.
this is why his tweet is interesting

Marc Sallinger

@MarcSallinger

I called Barry Morphew's attorney minutes after the press release was sent out notifying the public that Suzanne's remains were found His lawyer had not been told the news. I told her on the phone Don't know if Barry was told the news about his wife before the press release

Really gives new perspective to those tools he took to the hotel that seemed so odd when the job up there required his bobcat not shovels.
I cannot make up my mind whether digging a grave was done in a last minute panic because another plan failed or whether he thought that burying her in a shallow grave would point away from him since he did have his beloved bobcat . He must have known that a shallow grave would more than likely be disturbed by animals.

No wonder the room reeked of bleach ,those tools must have been bathed in the stuff.

I think IE loves to see us criticize her. Makes her feel more powerful, as if she is really doing her job. If BM walks free she WILL have succeeded. He is guilty. So let’s pray for justice for Suzanne. And maybe for Iris’s eyes to open to the truth.

Most victims families that I've read about asked LE to take them to the spot where their loved one was found and LE has done that. Have the Morphew's requested that?
I doubt it, designer shoes and the like might be unfit for the terrain..
no doubt Idris will arrange a viewing with whatever news stations are buying into her nonsense..
I mean, she wants the entire police force removed...that's a good enough reason for them not to cooperate with her.
also she was informed of the find by a journalist, not Barry.

So while she was moaning about his daughters not having been informed separately, presumably, she actually hadn't been informed by either LE or Barry..

Methinks the grapes have soured...
this could get interesting

Quoting my post to add there is supposed to be new details released on Friday of additional remains located but this is coming from a statement by IE, not MSM:

Whatever happened to Krystal Reisinger, Edna Quintana, Suzanne, the man whose remains were found by Saguache County Sheriff’s office in the foothills on July 26, 2023, or the remains of the person found in another area in Saguache County last weekend (more info to come from authorities tomorrow).

Did you hear any more about a news conference today? I do not believe anyone told IE that. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member