Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have very sketchy information about the time of her death. I believe there were some sightings of her from Thursday but they proved to be wrong. Which is interesting- maybe owners of a new place in town confused Suzanne with a woman slightly resembling her?
- the day when she went to fix her bike
- Then, we have the phone conversations. And it is interesting. Did Suzanne text, or spoke?
Because if she texted, it could be any day. So the question is, when did she last speak to anyone live?
On page 17 of the AA, it states Suzanne sent a photo on LinkedIn to JL at 2:03 P.M. on Saturday, May 9th. She also sent a message at 2:11 P.M. stating: "I'm on wa" (WhatsApp), but JL states he "does not believe they used WhatsApp that time or later that day." He then sent a message to Suzanne at 2:46 P.M. that same same day (5/9/2020) saying "Hey...your weather looks great." Suzanne never responded to that message or any future messages from JL after that.

So her last known proof-of-life was around 2pm on Saturday.

On page 17 of the AA, it states Suzanne sent a photo on LinkedIn to JL at 2:03 P.M. on Saturday, May 9th. She also sent a message at 2:11 P.M. stating: "I'm on wa" (WhatsApp), but JL states he "does not believe they used WhatsApp that time or later that day." He then sent a message to Suzanne at 2:46 P.M. that same same day (5/9/2020) saying "Hey...your weather looks great." Suzanne never responded to that message or any future messages from JL after that.

But the photo might be sent by someone else. And be taken on another day. It is a photo, not proof-of-life.

But the photo might be sent by someone else. And be taken on another day. It is a photo, not proof-of-life.
According to the computer of BMs truck, they ruled out that BM took the photo. He was not at the residence the time the photo was sent.

ETA: and it was sent directly to JL's LinkedIn inbox, which at the time, BM did not know about JL/affair.

According to the computer of BMs truck, they ruled out that BM took to photo. He was not at the residence the time the photo was sent.
But a photo could be taken before. It could be a screenshot, too. It can be re-photographed from another phone. There is Google info about the photo, but I am not sure you can't imitate it.

Okay, I just have to say, as a woman married to a midwestern man, how true JL's comment rings about the weather looking great after receiving a cute photo of his lover.

jmo

But a photo could be taken before. It could be a screenshot, too. It can be re-photographed from another phone. There is Google info about the photo, but I am not sure you can't imitate it.
True, the photo could have been taken anytime, but it was sent to JL's LinkedIn inbox at 2:03 p.m. from her phone while BM was not at the residence.

According to the computer of BMs truck, they ruled out that BM took the photo. He was not at the residence the time the photo was sent.

ETA: and it was sent directly to JL's LinkedIn inbox, which at the time, BM did not know about JL/affair.

That we don't know. If that spy pen registered conversations between S and L, BM might have known about it before. Or suspected.

That we don't know. If that spy pen registered conversations between S and L, BM might have known about it before. Or suspected.
I don't know...I got sucked in and read the entire AA yesterday. I have a strong feeling BM did not know who Suzanne was having an affair with. It almost killed him to learn another man was making his wife happy (which I LOVED haha). He asked and begged to know the name of the other man several times (even calling the other man a "boy"). His ego was so hurt because another man brought happiness and love to Suzanne's life.

The overwhelming thought I had while reading the AA was BM sounds like a child. An absolute child. He never matured past 5th grade. Suzanne deserved so much better.

I'm not sure whether you're taking into account the metadata embedded in the photo, it will say when it was taken, and other details depending on the phone that took it, including data that identifies the phone that took it.

JMO

Do we know when BM found out about the affair? My memory of this case is sketchy!
BM claims to this day he did not know about the affair until he was informed by FBI SAs in 2021

Barry said "I, this is a complete surprise to me. I have had no idea of this and would not suspect her of doing it."

Then later he says, "This just blows my mind and it's gonna blow anybody's mind that finds out. And when they find out, they're gonna say, 'Old hot head Barry found out and killed his wife'"

ETA: these quotes are from the 2021 AA

It may be. He didn't outright say that he'd talked to any friends/acquaintances handling this case in CO. He said that whenever his office handled such matters, they'd make certain to give a story such as this one; They were looking for another person and stumbled upon another missing person's remains. He said that information given to them by a Confidential Informant was handled in this manner so as not to tip off the suspected murderer.
A retired FBI agent appearing on STS opined that the suggestion to search that area may have come from an inmate/snitch but I'd not heard "CI" as in one formally working with LE. Personally, I think SM being found was a higher power, divine intervention. Suzanne wanted to be found for the sake and protection of her daughters. I just hope they get the message. MOO

I think IE loves to see us criticize her. Makes her feel more powerful, as if she is really doing her job. If BM walks free she WILL have succeeded. He is guilty. So let’s pray for justice for Suzanne. And maybe for Iris’s eyes to open to the truth.
Not her job to reinforce anything she might be thinking in her head about guilt or innocence. Her JOB is to do everything she can to ensure that the state is not unfairly punishing any innocent person charged of a crime she happens to defend. I do not understand the vitriol around defense attorneys and this one in particular. It's the beauty of our justice system. A vigorous prosecution and a vigorous defense.

I am wondering. BM reads news too. Maybe he moved her bones (or asked someone to move them) trying to create another "Gilgo beach". If a place is known for a local dumping ground, I mean, there will be victims of several unrelated crimes.
When would that have happened? Police had the home for several weeks and then again for a second search and we all know BM was under surveillance most likely from the day Suzanne disappeared so when would he have had time to move a body unnoticed? I personally don't think the body was "moved" except one time and that was to where she was found.

This evening I watched a YouTube video uploaded by a retired Law Enforcement Officer. He stated that he believed that the location of Suzanne's remains was provided to LE by a confidential informant. It makes a lot of sense.
Are you able to provide a link to that video or mention the channel?

There is a huge difference between coming upon SM's remains while searching for another victim and acting on information provided by a confidential informant. If this is in fact true, the officer's credibility needs examined plus, it speaks to the measures LE is taking in order to protect the case.

While searching for retired LE channels, I found one including Ed Wallace, Jr., a crime scene expert. He explains procedure and techniques used to determine death and suspect. Hair, bone marrow, fingernails and believe it or not, dead bugs. For example, if SM was poisoned, the poison would also kill the bugs feeding on her body. Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay