Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it, designer shoes and the like might be unfit for the terrain..
no doubt Idris will arrange a viewing with whatever news stations are buying into her nonsense..
I mean, she wants the entire police force removed...that's a good enough reason for them not to cooperate with her.
also she was informed of the find by a journalist, not Barry.

So while she was moaning about his daughters not having been informed separately, presumably, she actually hadn't been informed by either LE or Barry..

Methinks the grapes have soured...
this could get interesting
My opinion is that if BM weren't involved with that location and her grave this would be the perfect opportunity for him to cling to his girls and do more of his dramatic grieving. So his absence is pretty significant to me. All jmo

I wonder if those tattered ribbons are actually markers, for where bones were located, and not the area of the grave.

JMOO
I'm wondering if LE didn't just tie some crime scene tape in a random spot, to keep media and looky-loos away from the real gravesite. I don't think LE would normally leave crime scene tape festooned in sage brush. I mean, why would they?

I just learned from Nancy Grace's guest that the hyoid bone is among the most difficult to locate when remains have been dispersed. It's an inarticulated bone, meaning it's not connected to other bones. I guess it just floats....holds the tongue in place.

Please let there be enough of her remains to reveal cause/manner/method of death.

JMO

Last edited:
Looks like there is a bunch of federally owned land around County Rd Q. What happens to the case if she was found on said land?
Usually feds defer to local authorities in a case like this, where a crime occurred on federal land. In some locations (e.g. Zion), the feds have law enforcement, but even in many of those places, local LE handles the case.

It seems to be assumed by local authorities in Saguache that this would be something the county (or another county) would be handling when it comes to prosecution.

The FBI (federal) is involved in a lot of cases, anyway, just because they have specialized expertise that locals don't have.

Because it matched to incarcerated people who weren't in the region?

Because it was only a partial match and would implicate hundreds of people? It was run through CODIS - where it got two hits. If it was run through a big database, it would have had many more.

Perhaps mine. Perhaps yours.

Why WOULD DNA on the owners' manual be the killer's? How odd that a person who had touched the owner's manual and was otherwise a stranger would (without leaving any more DNA) come on Mother's Day and kill Suzanne Morphew? How would that technician even find her?

Unknown DNA that's a partial match potentially implicates hundreds or thousands of people. It was not an exact match to anyone in CODIS.
Because Barry Morphew killed her?

Lawyer for Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry lashes out at accusers ‘blindly pointing finger back at him’ after Colorado mom’s body was found in a shallow grave in desert field - and suggests death may be work of serial killer.

She'll probably blame it on Adre "Psycho" Baroz... and his friends.

I don't think it was totally random. That area is well known for Elk hunting, something BM was quite obsessed with. I am pretty sure he had been familiar with the surroundings already.

He knew he needed to go away from his 'alibi' area. If she had been found near his job site or near their home, it would look very bad for him. And that was where they would be searching just in case.

I think he decided to go in the opposite direction and remembered the hunting area that was remote and fairly close.
Why would Barry bury her at all? I believe he would have her body cremated.
I hope authorities hold her body as long as he walks the streets.

Wasn't Suzanne's last selfie taken the day before on Saturday? Do we have any proof at all she was even alive on Sunday?

I ask because I find it interesting that some, including Barry's defense attorney claim this exonerates him because he went north that Sunday for his "job". So how could he have had time to go south that far. I believe his attorney said no one has ever claimed Barry went south.

But the truth of it is, we really don't know where Barry went that Saturday and I don't think we know if Suzanne was even alive on Sunday or not.
We have very sketchy information about the time of her death. I believe there were some sightings of her from Thursday but they proved to be wrong. Which is interesting- maybe owners of a new place in town confused Suzanne with a woman slightly resembling her?
- the day when she went to fix her bike
- Then, we have the phone conversations. And it is interesting. Did Suzanne text, or spoke?
Because if she texted, it could be any day. So the question is, when did she last speak to anyone live?

We have very sketchy information about the time of her death. I believe there were some sightings of her from Thursday but they proved to be wrong. Which I'd interesting- maybe owners of a new place in town confused Suzanne with a woman slightly resembling her?
- the day when she went to fix her bike
- Then, we have the phone conversations. And it is interesting. Did Suzanne text, or spoke?
Because if she texted, it could be any day. So the question is, when did she last speak to anyone live?
She had tea/coffee with her neighbor on Friday morning IIRC and sent a text photo of Barry standing in line at the pizza place Friday evening and sent it to the girls.

She did talk with her best friend about the upcoming wedding, but I'm not sure if that was Friday night or Saturday morning.

MOO

Based on what little we know it's interesting to evaluate how this might impact the known case against Morphew if it were re-charged (Note - I believe prosecution had proof to Bard standard or close).

Proof of the murder is a huge plus - that no longer needs to be inferred. Big big gain.

Any grave evidence that reinforces the bike staging is fatal to the defence IMO e.g the wrong clothes.

Hard to say what other evidence might be found.

In terms of reasonable doubt, the defence is probably now most reliant on the transport aspect. How did the body get there, relying (as IE already states) that telematics and phone stayed at PP until 3am

On that front, not having recovered any useful evidence from any of the vehicles might be the prosecutors biggest problem. In the original theory of the case, they could somewhat rely on SM being missing somewhere close enough. Now they can't do that.

Coolers missing. Maybe there was no DNA in the cars or bobcats but where are the coolers? If anyone ever visited the M's house, be it Salida or Indiana - did they use to have coolers?

She had tea/coffee with her neighbor on Friday morning IIRC and sent a text photo of Barry standing in line at the pizza place Friday evening and sent it to the girls.

She did talk with her best friend about the upcoming wedding, but I'm not sure if that was Friday night or Saturday morning.

MOO

I think with her friend, it was texting on Saturday. And mid-way "the texting changed". I assume all of it could be different - it is simply hard to tell who's texting.

My opinion is that if BM weren't involved with that location and her grave this would be the perfect opportunity for him to cling to his girls and do more of his dramatic grieving. So his absence is pretty significant to me. All jmo

I am wondering. BM reads news too. Maybe he moved her bones (or asked someone to move them) trying to create another "Gilgo beach". If a place is known for a local dumping ground, I mean, there will be victims of several unrelated crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tawana V