Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry said that he suspected that Suzanne was having an affair.

It took the FBI five months to figure it out who it was.

A number of well-respected members have the opinion that Barry knew about Jeff Libler.

IMO, Barry did NOT know for sure she was having an affair before that fateful Saturday.

Why? Barry has a frail macho-man ego. He would have to lash out the moment he knew. Which is what I think happened when he came home as Suzanne was sexting with Libler … and he killed her. Discovering it was the most devastating thing possible to him.

I am wondering if CBI felt they needed to issue this comment to push back on the serial killer
narrative IE was carelessly promoting

Gabriela Vidal

@GabrielaVtv
·
48m

Replying to
@GabrielaVtv
In a statement from CBI, they say, "Investigators have ruled the disappearance of Edna Quintana and the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew are not related. Quintana’s disappearance remains an open and active investigation so no further information is available at this time."

Was he under round-the-clock surveillance? If so, when did it start? I can't rule out the possibility that he moved the body - it's only 45 minutes from home, he could have done it at night.

Sadly, just my opinion, but I think he's gotten away with it. Even if the cause of death can be determined, that doesn't really get us any closer to WHO the killer was - only how the murder was carried out.

This case reminds me so much of the Frazee case. He almost got away with it because local police were so quick to take his word for what must have happened. Only a stroke of extreme good luck and Kelsey's parents hounding law enforcement saved the day and got justice for Kelsey.
I have so many different scenarios... I can't really rule out the possibility either that he moved the body. I don't believe he would do it right around the time she disappeared maybe within the last year because he thought LE might have been close to finding her. But another part of me thinks he would not move the body because I remember before he was arrest (I can't remember where I heard this from) but wasn't he a very paranoid person and always had his blinds open because he thought he was always being watched and followed. IMO

IMO, this is the Denver Gazette reporter backtracking.

First, CBI NEVER said there was any connection.

Second, I think Carol is slipping when she fails to vet comments from the likes of IE -- known to share her very own version of the truth. And I also think the "2nd set of remains found at the same time" came directly from IE, and is false, and the Denver Gazette reported this. JMO

Hey Carol -- you were punked!

Barry said that he suspected that Suzanne was having an affair.

It took the FBI five months to figure it out who it was.

A number of well-respected members have the opinion that Barry knew about Jeff Libler.

IMO, Barry did NOT know for sure she was having an affair before that fateful Saturday.

Why? Barry has a frail macho-man ego. He would have to lash out the moment he knew. Which is what I think happened when he came home as Suzanne was sexting with Libler … and he killed her. Discovering it was the most devastating thing possible to him.
Is her phone missing, or was it missing but found awhile later? Curious why it took them so long to figure out who JL was if they shared photos and they could track data from his messages such as location, IP address and so on.

Me too. Five months? Hard to fathom.
They figured out about JL with the infamous 'spy pen'. Wow, this case sure had some crazy drama and twists didn't it?
I really can't explain how thrilled I am that they've recovered Suzanne's remains. I hope the family does the right thing and lays her to rest with her family and loved ones in IN. If they have any soul or feelings for Suzanne they would.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the way at IE's office right about now. HAHAHA

Tick tock BM, Karma is a witch and she has a long memory too.

moo

Is her phone missing, or was it missing but found awhile later? Curious why it took them so long to figure out who JL was if they shared photos and they could track data from his messages such as location, IP address and so on.
Her phone has never been found, but LE had access to her iCloud.

They were aware of a Jeff from the spy pen recordings.

The apps she and JL used to text were WhatsApp and LinkedIn and I think they always deleted them immediately. JMO

5B2CAF95-7B65-4742-A790-6E139890988A.jpeg

They never found Suzanne's phone.
Thank you! Another “now, that’s not suspicious, is it?” sarcastic comment from me. I mean, if she was abducted while bike riding it may have gone flying and would have still been on and pinging.

Speaking of that, I wonder where it did last ping. Because she would have never gone for a ride without it, I’m sure, so if the last location was in the house or on their property, that‘s another huge red flag. How did it disappear from there, Barry?

Thank you! Another “now, that’s not suspicious, is it?” sarcastic comment from me. I mean, if she was abducted while bike riding it may have gone flying and would have still been on and pinging.

Speaking of that, I wonder where it did last ping. Because she would have never gone for a ride without it, I’m sure, so if the last location was in the house or on their property, that‘s another huge red flag. How did it disappear from there, Barry?
IIRC it pinged about a few miles from PP very early that Sunday morning when Barry was chasing after the imaginary Elk. :)

IIRC, they mainly used WhatsApp and LinkedIn to communicate. They later found the spy pen and figured it out.

And no way was BM going to let on to LE that he had learned of the affair. That would have provided motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot