Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you
I can’t find any precedent for DNA being recovered from scratches (just under the nails of the scratcher, which is very commmon), but I do wish they had swabbed them, and then bluffed Barry down the road. It would force him to make up another ridiculous story, likely involving yet another animal in Barry’s zoo full of lies.

Sadly, some people would buy it, as they have bought everything that Barry has said, and Iris has alleged.

The lack of an on the record statement is pretty interesting here.

You’d think if he had nothing to do with the grave site he’d be in front of a camera even if just reading a carefully crafted statement.

Of course such a statement could be admissible against him but to my mind it’s strange they are not out in front of this.

Unless of course Barry knows what’s in the gravesite.

But I find it strange either way that you wouldn’t go big.
100%

They have their beloved Suzanne back.
Gratitude?? miracle? thanks be to god? now we can work out what happened and get justice!!

no....just..... crickets.........

I completely agree that Mr. Morphew’s means, motive, and opportunity to kill his wife are fully established. The defense seems to rely on a position that someone else also had motive, which boils down to an unknown assailant and/or serial killer (UA/SK).

However, a UA/SK would have no motive to stage the bike “incident” (the ride she ostensibly took without a phone, water or working brakes) nor would that person likely have a motive for burying the body. In the vast majority of stranger murders, the body is dumped at or relatively near the location of the killing, not buried.

The one caveat I would add is that the State needs to establish Mr. Morphew had the means and opportunity to dispose of the body at the gravesite. The 4 hour “unaccounted for” window beginning on May 9 is part of that but a plausible vehicle to transport the body needs to be firmly established. The postulation that she was sedated but not dead when transported could perhaps be an explanation for why cadaver dogs did not hit on the vehicles. Clearly, anything that connects Mr. Morphew to this area, whether found during recent search or from his past history, would likely foreclose the UA/SK scenario.

The stories that Saguache County is a dumping ground for killers appears to be a side show. From what I can tell from limited reading the recently found body of James Montoya about 20 miles from where Suzanne Morphew was found was dumped, not buried.
It is preposterous (to a clear thinking rational mind ) to visualise a random serial killer roaming around such an exclusive isolated forest-like acreages.

That's why Barry didn't even suggest it to begin with.
A wild animal attack seemed far more logical than a serial killer.

And that wasn't logical at all. :oops:
So...here we are......

the husband or the serial killer.

IMO BM will have a new lawyer before the year ends.
watch this space.

I can’t find any precedent for DNA being recovered from scratches (just under the nails of the scratcher, which is very commmon), but I do wish they had swabbed them, and then bluffed Barry down the road. It would force him to make up another ridiculous story, likely involving yet another animal in Barry’s zoo full of lies.

Sadly, some people would buy it, as they have bought everything that Barry has said, and Iris has alleged.

I don't think he waited around to do something with Suzanne - once he killed or incapacitated her at 2:43-7.
I think he put his phone on airplane mode and immediately commenced planning to get away with it. Sunset was 8:05 and so he had a couple of hours to think and a couple of hours to travel.

Figuring out things like which car was too old for tracking - where would be a good place to dispose of her, how to be somewhere else when her absence was discovered etc.
yet he stillmade time to hack SM facebook account and try to figure out who JL was.
Considering all he had to do and cover up that night.....the affair was still compulsively front and centre to his thinking.

I would like to think he would have a hard time putting her in the ground without her body being covered up. I think he also prob found the port on her unsightly so he would want that covered up. Driving with her in a truck/ car maybe he had her in a cooler but inside a contractor/ Husky clean up bag inside the cooler. Prob just me but I use that size/type bag all the time. Every time I heave one into the local dumpster I think, well that could have a body inside it and no one would be the wiser. They are the perfect size to a person of Suzanne’s size.
The Husky one’s from HDepot are pretty thick too so maybe if my wishful thinking is the case more will be preserved than we think. JMO
He must have had her in something large and solid to travel for there to be no trace of deceased dna and that must be what he buried somewhere else with the bobcat.

I think he disposed of susanne with no coverings (not even clothes ) so she would decompose quickly in the soil and nature.

He has buried her phone, clothes and the travel container somewhere DEEP and we will never find them.

He was paranoid about that bobcat being left to its own devices.
The dogs also hit on it.
It is very important to him...and now that we have SM I suspect thats what it was used for.

moo

Here's the pin drop from above, Suzanne was buried literally right off the road. Wasn't there a dog hit on the bucket of Barry's bobcat? How does that fit into all of this now?

I am very curious why the dog hit a spot on the bucket but now that we know where she was buried. I don't know I believe he would haul his bobcat to that location and unload it right out in the open. I don't exactly know how much traffic goes through there but wouldn't it be suspicious if you saw a random bobcat digging on the side of the road? It would just seem "quicker" to dig the hole with a shovel and get the hell out of there. IMO

No, there wouldn't be any blood of tissue if he strangled her which I very much believe he did. He might have tranq'd her first, but I believe he knew better than to leave any trace blood or tissue at PP. That's why he was confident to let LE in and looking around.

Except for that darn tranq cap found in the dryer with his shorts. Oooooof, that had to hurt. heehee

MOO
yep
He had way too much adrenaline and energy running through his angry jealous blood.
He killed her with his bare hands no doubt in my mind.

He must have had her in something large and solid to travel for there to be no trace of deceased dna and that must be what he buried somewhere else with the bobcat.

I think he disposed of susanne with no coverings (not even clothes ) so she would decompose quickly in the soil and nature.

He has buried her phone, clothes and the travel container somewhere DEEP and we will never find them.

He was paranoid about that bobcat being left to its own devices.
The dogs also hit on it.
It is very important to him...and now that we have SM I suspect thats what it was used for.

moo

RBBM

Like a large cooler?? Possibly?

JMVHO.

I am very curious why the dog hit a spot on the bucket but now that we know where she was buried. I don't know I believe he would haul his bobcat to that location and unload it right out in the open. I don't exactly know how much traffic goes through there but wouldn't it be suspicious if you saw a random bobcat digging on the side of the road? It would just seem "quicker" to dig the hole with a shovel and get the hell out of there. IMO
Early on I thought the bobcat was involved but I think that was ruled out. However, there was a “footprint” in the bucket. Maybe that was a misnomer, perhaps it was a bootprint? Maybe after disposing (hate that word) of Suzanne’s body he later stepped onto the bucket of his bobcat? If ircc, the dogs also hit on the seat of the bobcat and also the trailer. My memory is a bit fuzzy on some of the details. It’s possible he transferred cadaverine to the bobcat by moving it after having returned? This is why I’m leaning towards him having used an “unknown” vehicle, or at least unknown to us to take SM to Moffatt. JMHO

How is any of this at all relevant to the topic?

How long have you been following the case? I’m seriously asking because anything having to do with Barry is very relevant.

Barry is the main and only known suspect so far to his wife’s murder. Iris is his legal counsel who calls the shots (unethically) and wants people to believe everything she says. Arrogant.

Here are snippets from the AA regarding him throwing away boots in the hotel dumpster. I believe he told investigators the reason he took them to his room first was because “ the laces were still good and I’m a cheapskate”. He also threw away a camo coat.

View attachment 450524View attachment 450525View attachment 450526View attachment 450527
Do you remember if CBI ever got the chance to go through those dumpsters and/or go to the landfill to do a search?

They would be the defendants. State would include county officials.

Where I live, we call California "the State" and our County by its County name.

Let me ask it slightly differently. Is Barry suing the State of Colorado too?

I thought he was just suing Chaffee County. There's a big difference to my mind. I can't think of a way to bring a tort claim against Colorado unless the suit is alleging negligence/a tort by say the State Lab or something. I haven't read the lawsuit, can someone give a quick summary?

I thought he was accusing Chaffee County of malfeasance/negligence in their persecution of a sorrowing widower. I guess I'm not surprised if he did sue the State.

But if he only sued Chaffee (county officials), then no, Colorado does not have a stake in this game.

The State vs. Barry Morphew was a criminal trial. I am speaking about the words on the pleadings.

Is it Barry Morphew vs. The State of Colorado and The County of Chaffee? I'll try to get a moment here and go look it up, but if anyone knows, that would be great. He's gonna make the whole state hate him if he has actually sued them. As it is, $15M is a lot for Chaffee County. I suppose they have some sort of insurance.

I am also curious about who is representing the defendants in that case - so more homework for me.

Where I live, we call California "the State" and our County by its County name.

Let me ask it slightly differently. Is Barry suing the State of Colorado too?

I thought he was just suing Chaffee County. There's a big difference to my mind. I can't think of a way to bring a tort claim against Colorado unless the suit is alleging negligence/a tort by say the State Lab or something. I haven't read the lawsuit, can someone give a quick summary?

I thought he was accusing Chaffee County of malfeasance/negligence in their persecution of a sorrowing widower. I guess I'm not surprised if he did sue the State.

But if he only sued Chaffee (county officials), then no, Colorado does not have a stake in this game.

The State vs. Barry Morphew was a criminal trial. I am speaking about the words on the pleadings.

Is it Barry Morphew vs. The State of Colorado and The County of Chaffee? I'll try to get a moment here and go look it up, but if anyone knows, that would be great. He's gonna make the whole state hate him if he has actually sued them. As it is, $15M is a lot for Chaffee County. I suppose they have some sort of insurance.

I am also curious about who is representing the defendants in that case - so more homework for me.

1696120794895.png

I don't know what you are talking about.
I’m explaining to you why there has been a discussion regarding the hyoid bone, as there is evidence that if she was in fact tranquilized, she escaped to their bedroom. That pretty much leaves smothering or strangulation, the latter of which a damaged hyoid could prove evidence of. <modsnip - rude>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member