Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BM claims to this day he did not know about the affair until he was informed by FBI SAs in 2021

Barry said "I, this is a complete surprise to me. I have had no idea of this and would not suspect her of doing it."

Then later he says, "This just blows my mind and it's gonna blow anybody's mind that finds out. And when they find out, they're gonna say, 'Old hot head Barry found out and killed his wife'"

ETA: these quotes are from the 2021 AA
I call BS on BM not knowing about the affair. He is a possessive control freak and he lies through his teeth. Two years is a long time to hide an affair from such a spouse.

If he didn't already know her passwords, he could find them easily by ticking the "reveal passwords" setting or locating the login file in the browser profile folder.

Some may find it hard to believe, but something like Flexispy could easily be installed onto SM's phone. It's been around for at least 14 years. I recall a pattern with the timing of BM's actions and SM's messages. One was a call while on a job overheard by MG. SM's messages about marital problems were increasing and the one to her sister was right before her death. Flexispy would allow him to see her phone activity in real time. On 5/9 as soon as BM left, SM began messaging J, then BM soon returned angry enough to kill her. Why? Again, the timing of BM's actions are soon after something indicating losing control of SM ($$).

Didn't he just suddenly show up during one of SM's out of state visits?

This has always been the problem with the Friday death theory
If I had to make a guess, I would wager something happened to her between these times mentioned on the AA:

"By 2:43 PM, Barry's phone and F-350, per telematics, appeared to be at the Morphew residence.
On May 9th,at 2:47 PM, Barry's phone appears to enter Airplane Mode."

He gets home at 2:43 PM, finds or observes something that throws him into a rage and puts his phone on Airplane mode four minutes later. Putting your phone into Airplane mode is such a...reaction. You know?

BM claims to this day he did not know about the affair until he was informed by FBI SAs in 2021

Barry said "I, this is a complete surprise to me. I have had no idea of this and would not suspect her of doing it."

Then later he says, "This just blows my mind and it's gonna blow anybody's mind that finds out. And when they find out, they're gonna say, 'Old hot head Barry found out and killed his wife'"

ETA: these quotes are from the 2021 AA

I, for one, do not believe him. At all. I believe he knew. And I have my own reasons for believing that, so it's IMO but not, IMO, mere speculation.

BM claims he didn't know, because that makes him the even more obvious murderer. But he said things to people (who then repeated them on youtube and elsewhere, before basically going into hiding) that make me seriously doubt that he learned from the FBI. The things that BM said were later corroborated by JL. There was a particular statement he made about Suzanne and "some man" to one of his co-workers (perhaps MG). MG, at any rate, departed CO and said it was because of fear of Barry. MG and Barry's closeness was apparently notable, as MG said many people thought they were having an affair, which she denied - but she did say they were good friends/close work associates. She was on the list of witnesses for his future trial, when he was indicted.

If you want to go down a rabbit hole, you can go back through the scant MSM stories on the time that Barry followed Suzanne to Florida, I believe it was. She was going there to "visit family," but he knew she was also meeting up with JL (who admitted he went to Florida too). This information came from Suzanne's best friend, IIRC. It's in the threads here.

So Suzanne went to Florida, and then Barry (without telling her) took a flight to Florida. During that trip, she met up with JL, IIRC. And I believe BM knew that from that time onward.

I believe Suzanne's friend and not Barry.

Obviously, this is a matter of our personal interpretation of the various accounts. ICBW, but am interested to see if any of the other "old timers" here remember Barry crashing the Florida trip.

IMO.

I call BS on BM not knowing about the affair. He is a possessive control freak and he lies through his teeth. Two years is a long time to hide an affair from such a spouse.

If he didn't already know her passwords, he could find them easily by ticking the "reveal passwords" setting or locating the login file in the browser profile folder.

Some may find it hard to believe, but something like Flexispy could easily be installed onto SM's phone. It's been around for at least 14 years. I recall a pattern with the timing of BM's actions and SM's messages. One was a call while on a job overheard by MG. SM's messages about marital problems were increasing and the one to her sister was right before her death. Flexispy would allow him to see her phone activity in real time. On 5/9 as soon as BM left, SM began messaging J, then BM soon returned angry enough to kill her. Why? Again, the timing of BM's actions are soon after something indicating losing control of SM ($$).

YES! Thank you - now we'll have a little roll call of all of us who remember that detail. And someone (@Seattle1 most likely) will remember how we learned this via MSM - because I know we discussed actual MSM media articles and I believe it was interviews with Suzanne's childhood/best friend from Indiana.

IIRC. IMO.

He'd be a real dummy to leave the port, but you know what? He was likely confused and a bit out of his mind at that point in time.

Tooth pulp is great for IDing a body - not so great for finding compounds/toxins that might have been in the body at the time of death.
I’m just catching up so this may have been mentioned already but they can test hair for drugs. Hair is the last part of a body to decompose. Hopefully Suzanne’s is still viable.

Oh and I don't doubt that BM suspected Suzanne of having an affair, I just don't think he knew who it was. And yes, he did crash the FL trip.

eta: I believe, as others have said, if BM knew who Suzanne's lover was, he's the type of guy to either physically hurt or ruin the other guy's marriage.

This has always been the problem with the Friday death theory
That plus the fact that if BM was faking her communications he surely would not have stopped doing it in the afternoon on Saturday. His alibi would be much, much stronger if Suzanne's digital footprint showed activity on Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

I, for one, do not believe him. At all. I believe he knew. And I have my own reasons for believing that, so it's IMO but not, IMO, mere speculation.

BM claims he didn't know, because that makes him the even more obvious murderer. But he said things to people (who then repeated them on youtube and elsewhere, before basically going into hiding) that make me seriously doubt that he learned from the FBI. The things that BM said were later corroborated by JL. There was a particular statement he made about Suzanne and "some man" to one of his co-workers (perhaps MG). MG, at any rate, departed CO and said it was because of fear of Barry. MG and Barry's closeness was apparently notable, as MG said many people thought they were having an affair, which she denied - but she did say they were good friends/close work associates. She was on the list of witnesses for his future trial, when he was indicted.

If you want to go down a rabbit hole, you can go back through the scant MSM stories on the time that Barry followed Suzanne to Florida, I believe it was. She was going there to "visit family," but he knew she was also meeting up with JL (who admitted he went to Florida too). This information came from Suzanne's best friend, IIRC. It's in the threads here.

So Suzanne went to Florida, and then Barry (without telling her) took a flight to Florida. During that trip, she met up with JL, IIRC. And I believe BM knew that from that time onward.

I believe Suzanne's friend and not Barry.

Obviously, this is a matter of our personal interpretation of the various accounts. ICBW, but am interested to see if any of the other "old timers" here remember Barry crashing the Florida trip.

IMO.
I too, remember reading about, and discussion on, BM crashing the Florida trip.

Being the alpha boy that BM is, if he had known who the affair was with prior to Suzanne becoming a missing person he probably would have made a visit to confront the lover. I doubt he could have kept his cool once he knew who it was and that there was an actual affair going on. I guess the lover is lucky in that regard. JMO
You may be right. But there is the possibility of BM's narcissism not allowing him to admit defeat (so to speak). BM went to school with JL and back then wasn't BM big man on campus?
(In BM's mind) JL knew of SM's unhappiness with BM, his flaws and that their marriage was a sham. I'm leaning toward such a confrontation being to big of a blow to BM's ego.

BM seems more the type to outwardly deny reality, but secretly manipulate and destroy.

View attachment 450347
'Barry was the most scrutinized, dissected, surveilled individual, minute by minute, hour by hour using law enforcement cameras posted by his home, phone taps and GPS devices placed on his car – all during the time frame of her disappearance and the years following,' said Eytan.

'At no time did the FBI, CBI, Chaffee County Sheriff Office or DA's Office pinpoint or even generally claim that Barry was in any area south of his home, near Moffat or anywhere near Saguache County at any relevant time frame.

'It would be ludicrous for anyone to now try to fit the now known facts to prior false assumptions and accusations.'
funny that, coming from herself who pushed for so much publicity that it became overkill..
the hug in the car park is like gangrene to me..

Oh and I don't doubt that BM suspected Suzanne of having an affair, I just don't think he knew who it was. And yes, he did crash the FL trip.

eta: I believe, as others have said, if BM knew who Suzanne's lover was, he's the type of guy to either physically hurt or ruin the other guy's marriage.
Oh please! The married man who was having an affair with SM ruined his own marriage. He needed no help from BM, IMO.

He did, Florida I believe. He also allegedly chased Suzanne, trying to look at her phone while they were on vacation. Suzanne’s friend recounted Barry calling her when she couldn’t get hold of Suzanne, and also, he allegedly snuck up on his house when her friend was visiting.

He appears to have been stalking her on the day she was murdered as well, likely watching to see if she was on her phone, communicating with someone.

He knew, and Grusing knew that he knew.

If I was related to IE or a friend of hers, I think I would call in a wellness check to her house. Like Brittany Spears loved ones do. This current IE, in contrast to the old IE before the body was found, is using very poor judgement. The old IE was very strategic and got out ahead of things in mostly effective way - albeit still distasteful and nasty.
IMO SHe has ramped up the nasty edge and lost the savvy strategic approach in those two "statements".

It may still just be that she was caught off guard rendering her unable to control the narrative but she really presents as unhinged. JMO
There are no current criminal charges against BM, so IE has no basis to act as his defense attorney. However, she can act as his Civil attorney for which her statememts both #1 and #2 seem inappropriate.

There are no current criminal charges against BM, so IE has no basis to act as his defense attorney. However, she can act as his Civil attorney for which her statememts both #1 and #2 seem inappropriate.
I cannot help wondering what her colleagues are thinking about her actions?
They must be completely blown away..
Outrageous.
Tantrums!

I am not quoting everyone on here about the affair and BM knowing or not knowing.

My take is I think he suspected an affair, was trying to catch her, and probably thought it was someone local at first. I don't think he knew it was JL until LE told him. He's not a cool cucumber, he's emotional, immature and a bully. He was watching Suzanne slowly remove herself from their relationship and that was driving him crazy. I believe that he's always elevated his importance in his professional life and his marriage. Her blinders were off and I do think she was done with him. Maybe he did catch her messaging but if she were able to close the app he wouldn't see those messages. We will never know all of the truth of what BM knew and what he didn't. I agree he peppers bits of reality along with his fake tales. All JMO!

Are you able to provide a link to that video or mention the channel?

There is a huge difference between coming upon SM's remains while searching for another victim and acting on information provided by a confidential informant. If this is in fact true, the officer's credibility needs examined plus, it speaks to the measures LE is taking in order to protect the case.

While searching for retired LE channels, I found one including Ed Wallace, Jr., a crime scene expert. He explains procedure and techniques used to determine death and suspect. Hair, bone marrow, fingernails and believe it or not, dead bugs. For example, if SM was poisoned, the poison would also kill the bugs feeding on her body. Very interesting.
I don’t believe there was a CI. If there had been, I’m sure an arrest would have been made before announcing that Suzanne had been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia