Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #109

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is important b/c he wrote on the note to the store employee that she had on biking clothes.
How would he know she had even gone for a ride ?
Only because the neighbor indicated this, due to what he was told by the husband !
Every little clue and bit of information comes from BM, and no one else.
Omo.

This is important b/c he wrote on the note to the store employee that she had on biking clothes.
Only because the neighbor indicated this, due to what he was told by the husband !
Omo.
And right out of the gate, on the Saturday, he told the LEO that Suzanne was going to ride her bike that morning, "she always does".

Funny, everyone who knew Suzanne knew she rode in the afternoons....

And right out of the gate, on the Saturday, he told the LEO that Suzanne was going to ride her bike that morning, "she always does".

BM didn’t think he would be questioned by police. He could say anything and they would believe him. After all, a mountain lion dragged her 50 miles south and buried her. No, I think he said the lion dragged her up the mountain. LE knew he was lying.
I really agree about the note left at the store and the blue biking outfit. How would he know that unless he put that suit on her before he left, just in case law enforcement found the body? I have to wonder.

Omo.

I think we have an interview with the Poncha Springs Market store manager indicating they had to ask BM to write down a description of what she was wearing when she disappeared because all he said was that she was on a bike ride and didn't return. BM didn't offer a physical description of his wife which they found very strange when issuing an alert for a missing person! Obviously, SM wasn't missing. :(

9/28/23

Poncha Market, a family-run business that has been a staple in Salida for nearly a century, has been deeply affected by Suzanne’s disappearance. Hall recalls May 12, 2020 vividly, when Suzanne’s husband, Barry Morphew, the original murder suspect in her case, entered their store with a cryptic note describing Suzanne’s attire and asked store employees to keep an eye out for her.

“What I thought was odd was the fact that he had no information about her. What she looked like, her eye color, nothing… she’s the one that’s missing,” said Hall.

In the three years since Suzanne’s disappearance, Hall said Barry Morphew has made several visits to the store, and Hall expressed unease about his presence.

“I know it’s innocent until proven guilty, but the feeling you get on something like that and the evidence that was out there… it’s hard to see it otherwise.”

Imagine that you misremembered the last day with your wife before she was murdered
MOO She was already gone into another life -
She was only responding to Barry, if she responded at all, with practical plans to move on.

When they moved to Colorado asked him to be home more and predictable within weeks he joined the volunteer fire department in addition to his frequent hunts, gym workouts etc.

Barry like a lot of people they don't know what they have till its gone. Getting love back back is a virtual impossibility, especially after tactics like ignoring what was changes were asked for, politicing with the children and threatening suicide.

Last edited:
Imagine that you misremembered the last day with your wife before she was murdered
I understand that men sometimes don't recall the "details" and women are known to maybe remember too many details (or maybe women care more about all the tiny details so we remember them).. but to not recall with ANY accuracy the last day you spent with the woman you claim to love so much?? The first time he's asked about that day was literally the next day. I find it hard to believe that even being a man (sorry fellas not putting you all down, if everyone focused on all the little details I can't imagine how that would go :) ) he can't recall if they did or didn't hike the day before? He can't recall that he last saw her in bed vs wearing white shorts and a fringe top? He can't recall that he didn't have soup for lunch with her but instead was home roaming around his property? He thinks they sat in the sun and ate soup, but he was really off running more errands? He says he's asleep, but his truck much be having a paranormal event out there opening and shutting doors while he's inside sleeping next to his snoring wife?

Again, IF he is 100% innocent, he is just off to work and his wife tragically goes missing, WHY is he lying from the first phone call from the Ritters? Why is he lying to police on the phone before he's even back to the house? Why can't he remember what he was doing the day before? Why does he say his marriage was perfect? Why was he deleting text messages from his phone showing she wanted out?

Omo.
Exactly! I was just reading the AA.. he has back and forth text or calls with his girls, they are worried and can't reach her so he says I can't either.. one of the girls calls the Ritter's.. WHY didn't HE call the Ritters? I mean he's laid up in the hotel room so why the heck can't he be the adult and call another adult to discuss his concerns about Suzanne? So then when the Ritter's go check and don't find her, they call Barry because that is logical.. yet Barry didn't think it logical that HE be the one to call them initally? Just thinking he's gotta get his story straight so he's trying to have as little interaction about this dissappearnace as he can. So when the Ritter's call him, he says

Go check to see if her bike is there....

Why would that be the very first thing he thinks to ask? He has to plant that idea innocently into the narrative because if nobody is looking for that bike, they can't find it dumped down on the side of the road now can they?

I think we have an interview with the Poncha Springs Market store manager indicating they had to ask BM to write down a description of what she was wearing when she disappeared because all he said was that she was on a bike ride and didn't return. BM didn't offer a physical description of his wife which they found very strange when issuing an alert for a missing person! Obviously, SM wasn't missing. :(

9/28/23

Poncha Market, a family-run business that has been a staple in Salida for nearly a century, has been deeply affected by Suzanne’s disappearance. Hall recalls May 12, 2020 vividly, when Suzanne’s husband, Barry Morphew, the original murder suspect in her case, entered their store with a cryptic note describing Suzanne’s attire and asked store employees to keep an eye out for her.

“What I thought was odd was the fact that he had no information about her. What she looked like, her eye color, nothing… she’s the one that’s missing,” said Hall.

In the three years since Suzanne’s disappearance, Hall said Barry Morphew has made several visits to the store, and Hall expressed unease about his presence.

“I know it’s innocent until proven guilty, but the feeling you get on something like that and the evidence that was out there… it’s hard to see it otherwise.”
Baby Blue
Bike Helmet

Biking Clothing

Sorry if this is out of left field… all MOO and likely my projection.

Sacrifice. I think both SM and J Dulos sacrificed their lives for the sake of their children. Different women, but both seemed to be gentle souls with a fair amount of savvy. And financial resources. That their macho husbands plundered.

Yes, Suzanne could’ve up and left in the cover of night and gone to a safe place; that’s common wisdom re: what to do in abusive relationships. I think she knew that. But she had practically-grown girls who were also loyal to BM, and the younger was preparing to fly. Waiting game.

Yes, JFD’s situation was so volatile that IMO armed security was warranted. But she was doing her best to provide some sense of normalcy for her young children.

In both cases, evil’s wrecking ball overwhelmed their reasonable attempts to break free.

And P.S. if I were JL’s wife, I’d be more upset about his not coming forward than about the affair itself.

Thanks for indulging me. You are all wonderful. IMO & venting,

Last edited:
I really agree about the note left at the store and the blue biking outfit. How would he know that unless he put that suit on her before he left, just in case law enforcement found the body? I have to wonder.
^^rsbm

IMO, BM dumped the biking outfit on his Sunday trash run around Broomfield so it would not be found in the house. I think SM went to the grave wrapped in tree burlap or similar that blends in with the earth.

ETA: Add photo from AA - page 81/129

1696178593562.png

Last edited:
I understand that men sometimes don't recall the "details" and women are known to maybe remember too many details (or maybe women care more about all the tiny details so we remember them).. but to not recall with ANY accuracy the last day you spent with the woman you claim to love so much?? The first time he's asked about that day was literally the next day. I find it hard to believe that even being a man (sorry fellas not putting you all down, if everyone focused on all the little details I can't imagine how that would go :) ) he can't recall if they did or didn't hike the day before? He can't recall that he last saw her in bed vs wearing white shorts and a fringe top? He can't recall that he didn't have soup for lunch with her but instead was home roaming around his property? He thinks they sat in the sun and ate soup, but he was really off running more errands? He says he's asleep, but his truck much be having a paranormal event out there opening and shutting doors while he's inside sleeping next to his snoring wife?

Again, IF he is 100% innocent, he is just off to work and his wife tragically goes missing, WHY is he lying from the first phone call from the Ritters? Why is he lying to police on the phone before he's even back to the house? Why can't he remember what he was doing the day before? Why does he say his marriage was perfect? Why was he deleting text messages from his phone showing she wanted out?
Agreed to all! It's like he took lessons from Alex Murdaugh.

It's also appalling to read in the affadavit that JL didn't step forward, and he told authorities that at first he assumed she was abducted. Really? He didn't think Barry did something? And whether he thought either of those scenarios was possible, didn't he think he could help in some way? Understood he had a family, but so much for caring for Suzanne. It seemed so nonchalant.

It's sad that his daughters boyffriend knows more about Suzanne than HE does. It was so evident in that video that young man loved Suznne. He knew where she rode her bike, what she usually would wear, he even concluded she would not have went where the bike was found because of the hill. When you look at that video of him and his dad talking to LE you see what genuine concern for a person looks like.

Then we have Barry arriving asking if it was a lion with his fake emotional sounding oh no was it a lion?

I guess one thing that can't be faked is raw genuine concern when you have absolutely no idea what happened to someone and you are terrified they have met some bad scenario.. guess if you already caused the bad scenario that happened it's hard to pretend like you genuinely care.

This makes sense if this is what he remembers her wearing last. Guilty knowledge imo Remember Suzanne's bathing suit was found hanging up and we saw the last picture of her sunning herself.

She had time to go to her bedroom, hang up her bathing suit and change into "the white shorts and fringe white top" before Barry got home or changed when he got home.

She would not wear something like this to bed nor would she wear it for a bike ride. Is BM saying he didn't see what she wore to bed or what she was wearing for a bike ride? Imo this is the last thing BM said she wore because it was. Because she was murdered the day before BM said she went missing. Guilty knowledge I would like to know where these clothes are and if she was buried in them.

I hope more is revealed on what was found with her remains. I thought Suzanne would not get justice but am hopeful once again and I want to know everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave