Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #109

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! I was just reading the AA.. he has back and forth text or calls with his girls, they are worried and can't reach her so he says I can't either.. one of the girls calls the Ritter's.. WHY didn't HE call the Ritters? I mean he's laid up in the hotel room so why the heck can't he be the adult and call another adult to discuss his concerns about Suzanne? So then when the Ritter's go check and don't find her, they call Barry because that is logical.. yet Barry didn't think it logical that HE be the one to call them initally? Just thinking he's gotta get his story straight so he's trying to have as little interaction about this dissappearnace as he can. So when the Ritter's call him, he says

Go check to see if her bike is there....

Why would that be the very first thing he thinks to ask? He has to plant that idea innocently into the narrative because if nobody is looking for that bike, they can't find it dumped down on the side of the road now can they?
Yeah, he was trying to distance himself. We saw in Lauren’s YouTube many months ago, how Barry used his youngest daughter to run interference when Lauren went to the house he was living in. This was similar, but the intent was different. He used them because in his mind, it would make him look like less of a suspect.

When he did speak to the Ritters, he demonstrated consciousness of guilt, lying, telling them that he was at the wall with his workers when he was in fact in his hotel room, and his workers hadn’t arrived yet.

This is one of those lies that no one who thinks Barry is innocent has an explanation for. Likely because there is no explanation, other than Barry knew a crime had been committed. You don’t create a fake alibi otherwise, and you certainly don’t lie.

Idiot.

@MassGuy this is your comment from the last thread and I about spit out my coffee this morning reading it. Just wanted to bring it over to this thread because it just sums up the ridiculousness that is Barry's excuses.

lol, I forgot about the prostate excuse. I guess when Barry goes pee, he takes his phone, goes outside to his truck and opens and closes doors. As one does.

It is hilariously funny, but as in each joke, there is a tad of truth in it.

Prostate issues become a problem by his age. Sex drive goes down. Some men can take it with dignity, some, can't. They blame it on wives who get older and are uninspiring. Suzanne, a beautiful, vibrant woman, got cancer at that time. Chemo is not the best time to enjoy sex. Chemo is painful and draining. My mother had leukemia, I observed how my father dedicated all his life to her. So I know, and can compare. Barry, I can bet, blamed SM's illness for him getting old. She mentioned his unfaithfulness and physical abuse. In Boston Globe I read that he was accusing SM of her illness costing a lot...

My opinion, too many things in Suzanne were shaped by being diagnosed with lymphoma at 17. She beat the cancer and against all odds, had children. I suspect she stayed with her boorish husband, his tachydermic aesthetics and all, only because she felt...I don't know how to put it better, but God provided life, and family and kids, so staying with Barry was her payback?

(Let people who are more spiritual put it in a better way, I feel it was shaping her life.)

So - honestly, and not because she is a victim - I feel she got with JL our of sheer hopelessness, because some man from her youth, living across the country, was more emotionally supportive than BM. And then, something broke, and in one day, she was done. Her marriage imploded.

But didn't she also write something about contraception part in her grievance? I think Barry, getting old, was not only abusive - he didn't take any care of his wife.

I want people to think of it, what sometimes stands behind seemingly happy, wealthy, beautiful couples and glossy pictures.

And I don't want my yesterday's post to be viewed as a comparison of SM with IE. Today i was thinking that had she not gotten her diagnosis that early, SM might have had a totally different life. She had it in her.

Last edited:
Again, IF he is 100% innocent, he is just off to work and his wife tragically goes missing, WHY is he lying from the first phone call from the Ritters? Why is he lying to police on the phone before he's even back to the house? Why can't he remember what he was doing the day before? Why does he say his marriage was perfect? Why was he deleting text messages from his phone showing she wanted out?
^^rsbm

When your missing spouse becomes a full police investigation, to quote my favorite prosecutor, Matt Murphy, "For an innocent man, there's no reason to lie about anything."

^^rsbm

When your missing spouse becomes a full police investigation, to quote my favorite prosecutor, Matt Murphy, "For an innocent man, there's no reason to lie about anything."

You know, I see kids who lie just to avoid more questions. But Barry behaved very unnaturally from day 1. People may be unable to express their emotions, but he was something else. Overplaying and undercaring.

You know, I see kids who lie just to avoid more questions. But Barry behaved very unnaturally from day 1. People may be unable to express their emotions, but he was something else. Overplaying and undercaring.
For me, I could never get past the fact that he literally used the Ritters to report SM missing! This while lounging in his hotel room. :eek:

IIRC, he said he got them while hiking with Suzanne. (Or from searching for her?)

Coincidentally, didn't he first say he and Suzanne went hiking on Saturday?

Perhaps "hiking" was a substitution for what they really did, that he didn't want to talk about.

He didn't say they were occupational hazards.

He. Associated. Them. With. Suzanne.

Jmo
I’m trying to remember what his explanation was for the scratches, I honestly don’t recall. Anyone else remember more about this?
IIRC,
- BRANCHES
-WHILE SEARCHING.

NB
Most certainly it was BM's cautious and forehanded nature that resulted in his decision to don his special Mk.I mod.0 "Mummification Cocoon Wilderness Safe-Hike attire...
...which works as advertised, and would assuredly have protected the totality of his epidermis had he purchased the "Long Sleeve" model, [despite its purported reputation for impeding reloading single-action small game short guns].
Alas.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is out of left field… all MOO and likely my projection.

Sacrifice. I think both SM and J Dulos sacrificed their lives for the sake of their children. Different women, but both seemed to be gentle souls with a fair amount of savvy. And financial resources. That their macho husbands plundered.

Yes, Suzanne could’ve up and left in the cover of night and gone to a safe place; that’s common wisdom re: what to do in abusive relationships. I think she knew that. But she had practically-grown girls who were also loyal to BM, and the younger was preparing to fly. Waiting game.

Yes, JFD’s situation was so volatile that IMO armed security was warranted. But she was doing her best to provide some sense of normalcy for her young children.

In both cases, evil’s wrecking ball overwhelmed their reasonable attempts to break free.

And P.S. if I were JL’s wife, I’d be more upset about his not coming forward than about the affair itself.

Thanks for indulging me. You are all wonderful. IMO & venting,
MOO she was conflicted. And she thought bettet of Barry than he turned out to be.

It is hilariously funny, but as in each joke, there is a tad of truth in it.

Prostate issues become a problem by his age. Sex drive goes down. Some men can take it with dignity, some, can't. They blame it on wives who get older and are uninspiring. Suzanne, a beautiful, vibrant woman, got cancer at that time. Chemo is not the best time to enjoy sex. Chemo is painful and draining. My mother had leukemia, I observed how my father dedicated all his life to her. So I know, and can compare. Barry, I can bet, blamed SM's illness for him getting old. She mentioned his unfaithfulness and physical abuse. In Boston Globe I read that he was accusing SM of her illness costing a lot...

My opinion, too many things in Suzanne were shaped by being diagnosed with lymphoma at 17. She beat the cancer and against all odds, had children. I suspect she stayed with her boorish husband, his tachydermic aesthetics and all, only because she felt...I don't know how to put it better, but God provided life, and family and kids, so staying with Barry was her payback?

(Let people who are more spiritual put it in a better way, I feel it was shaping her life.)

So - honestly, and not because she is a victim - I feel she got with JL our of sheer hopelessness, because some man from her youth, living across the country, was more emotionally supportive than BM. And then, something broke, and in one day, she was done. Her marriage imploded.

But didn't she also write something about contraception part in her grievance? I think Barry, getting old, was not only abusive - he didn't take any care of his wife.

I want people to think of it, what sometimes stands behind seemingly happy, wealthy, beautiful couples and glossy pictures.

And I don't want my yesterday's post to be viewed as a comparison of SM with IE. Today i was thinking that had she not gotten her diagnosis that early, SM might have had a totally different life. She had it in her.

I've always thought Suzanne moved to Colorado to be close to her daughter that was going to go to college there and to try to repair this marriage. If she did suspect Barry of affairs in Indiana (as she told her best friend) then maybe she did feel moving away from there would get him away from those temptations and maybe they could work on their marriage. She gets to Colorado and it's the same old same old stuff just in a different state. She begins to realize that he is not going to change no matter where he is. She reaches out to JL and I believe him when he says at first it wasn't about an affair. I think she was lonely and I think her diary likely told the entire story of how not even getting cancer again was enough for Barry to put her needs first (not just providing the house, the cars, and being her ATM) and taking care of her, he was demanding his needs be met (after all all men want is sex.. HIS words, not mine *gag*). I think she realized that life was so short and precious and at that lowest of low moments for her JL provided what Barry didn't. He made her feel heard and important and gave her the courage to leave.

Arrest Affidavit (p.5) states that BM introduced SM to mountain biking about "a month ago." So, it would seem logical that her bike might have been fairly new - hence possibly explaining some of the unknown DNA (of the merchant or its employees). Their DNA should be checked.

jmo

The civil complaint states:

684. The result of the K-9 search of Barry’s truck at the impound lot corroborates the lack of Suzanne’s DNA found in Barry’s truck.

But, according to this timeline:

"Thursday, May 7: Suzanne and Libler texted a lot that day. Barry and Suzanne have pizza and look at houses around town. She described the evening to Libler later as “a fine quiet night.”

So, maybe I'm not fully understanding but the timeline seems to indicate that they went out - they drove. So, who drove? Because if he drove, isn't it just as strange that her DNA was not found in his truck?

jmo

^^rsbm

Toxic narcissists lie about everything and want to control everything and everyone around them. I wonder if BM still attends the same church and if the other members still support him.

This case reminds me of the murder of Heidi Firkus that 20/20 featured earlier this year. It took more than ten years and a new wife before that husband was arrested and convicted. To the very end, members of their church supported the husband.

JMO

Agree with this about JL.
Think he made her feel special, unlike Barry. One example of this (jmo) is how he acknowledged how hard Mother's Day would be for Suzanne, without her own Mother. He took time to acknowledge that she was a daughter too, who could no longer celebrate her Mam in person.
Barry didn't.
Little things like that can mean a lot, particularly when it's not something you're used to.

Moo

Agree with this about JL.
Think he made her feel special, unlike Barry. One example of this (jmo) is how he acknowledged how hard Mother's Day would be for Suzanne, without her own Mother. He took time to acknowledge that she was a daughter too, who could no longer celebrate her Mam in person.
Barry didn't.
Little things like that can mean a lot, particularly when it's not something you're used to.

Moo
:mad::mad::mad:
EC165B29-F5AF-484D-924C-710312CC95E3.jpeg

Go check to see if her bike is there....

Why would that be the very first thing he thinks to ask? He has to plant that idea innocently into the narrative because if nobody is looking for that bike, they can't find it dumped down on the side of the road now can they?
RSBM Is there any reasonable explanation of how Suzanne could end up 40 miles away from where her bike was found? :rolleyes:

ITA! Yes, it was Mother's Day and you would think a husband would celebrate the mother of his children. SM's two daughters also decided to be out of town. I've always wondered if their trip was BM's idea. Before they left, did they provide their mom with flowers or candy or make her a card or do anything at all?

JMO

Arrest Affidavit (p.5) states that BM introduced SM to mountain biking about "a month ago." So, it would seem logical that her bike might have been fairly new - hence possibly explaining some of the unknown DNA (of the merchant or its employees). Their DNA should be checked.

jmo

The civil complaint states:

684. The result of the K-9 search of Barry’s truck at the impound lot corroborates the lack of Suzanne’s DNA found in Barry’s truck.

But, according to this timeline:

"Thursday, May 7: Suzanne and Libler texted a lot that day. Barry and Suzanne have pizza and look at houses around town. She described the evening to Libler later as “a fine quiet night.”

So, maybe I'm not fully understanding but the timeline seems to indicate that they went out - they drove. So, who drove? Because if he drove, isn't it just as strange that her DNA was not found in his truck?

jmo
BBM

Barry didn't introduce Suzanne to mountain biking. The daughters boyfriend did. Wasn't sure if this was a typo you posted, but Suzanne seemed to love it so much and I don't want her murderer to get any credit for introducing her to that. I don't think Barry knew a darn thing about her biking.. if he did, he would have taken her camel back also and he wouldn't have put her bike where he did. He had no idea where she biked or what she took when she did.

IIRC, he said he got them while hiking with Suzanne. (Or from searching for her?)

Coincidentally, didn't he first say he and Suzanne went hiking on Saturday?

Perhaps "hiking" was a substitution for what they really did, that he didn't want to talk about.

He didn't say they were occupational hazards.

He. Associated. Them. With. Suzanne.

Jmo
Thank you

BBM

Barry didn't introduce Suzanne to mountain biking. The daughters boyfriend did. Wasn't sure if this was a typo you posted, but Suzanne seemed to love it so much and I don't want her murderer to get any credit for introducing her to that. I don't think Barry knew a darn thing about her biking.. if he did, he would have taken her camel back also and he wouldn't have put her bike where he did. He had no idea where she biked or what she took when she did.
I don't see BM introducing her to mt biking either. I don't recall reading anything about that aspect, except that I simply don't see it. He still might have been familiar with her route or routes though. If she did solo rides then it is always wise to let someone know where you will be riding. It's not like road biking where a motorist might offer assistance. If out on a solo ride she might have told him in the past.

I've often wondered if she had some regular riding partners and, if so, what info did they give to LE that might have shed light on the alleged bike ride. Of course, this was in the midst of the Covid crisis when some my fellow cyclist chose to ride solo instead of the usual groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave