Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #115

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regarding BM fleeing to Mexico, I wonder if he has any contacts down there.

Cave Creek, AZ, where he supposedly is living, is unnervingly close to the Mexican border (about 4 hours or so).

IIRC, when he was first arrested, he had some survivalist-types of books with him.

Does anyone remember this?

Just curious.

JMVHO.

Cave Creek, AZ, where he supposedly is living, is unnervingly close to the Mexican border (about 4 hours or so).

IIRC, when he was first arrested, he had some survivalist-types of books with him.

Just curious.

JMVHO.
I don’t remember any books like that, or any inventory at all as far as I can recall.

I’ve never been one to have any concern about him fleeing to Mexico. I don’t think he’d do that to his daughters, it would be an admission of guilt, and he’d be caught quickly if he did.

This guy couldn’t blend in anywhere.

Just curious.

JMVHO.
Yessss! I remember the books, but I couldn't remember if it was on arrest or if it was for a bit of prison reading. How to live off grid type of books iirc

moo

Yessss! I remember the books, but I couldn't remember if it was on arrest or if it was for a bit of prison reading. How to live off grid type of books iirc

moo
What I recall is that someone had sent BM a book on how to live cheaply in Mexico while he was locked up in County jail. Details are a little fuzzy lol.
I’ll see if I can find more.

Just curious.

JMVHO.
Going to Mexico wouldn’t help him. Mexico extradites as long as the DA agrees to not assess the death penalty. Although Colorado still has the death penalty on the books, it isn’t used for political reasons.

Last edited:
I don’t remember any books like that, or any inventory at all as far as I can recall.

I’ve never been one to have any concern about him fleeing to Mexico. I don’t think he’d do that to his daughters, it would be an admission of guilt, and he’d be caught quickly if he did.

This guy couldn’t blend in anywhere.
I think he'd do allright in a 1980's Frost & Tip commercial. :rolleyes:

They have a smoking gun. How can you say there isn’t enough?
Enough to get no bail was my thought. I definitely think there will be another trial as I mentioned but have no sense if by GJ or prelim. I think either will get the case to trial.

Going to Mexico wouldn’t help him. Mexico extradites as long as the DA agrees to not assess the death penalty. Although Colorado still has the death penalty on the books, it isn’t used for political reasons.
Colorado abolished the DP four years ago. They are voting on a ballot measure this November to amend the Colorado Constitution to correct an unintended consequence of this regarding bail.

9/16/24

In November, voters in Colorado will decide if people charged with first-degree murder should be able to get out of jail before their trial on bond.

[..]

Nearly 500 first-degree murder cases have been impacted since the death penalty was abolished in the state four years ago, which allowed those charged the right to bail. Fourth Judicial District Attorney Michael Allen said the very issue was brought up during the Club Q mass shooting hearings.

“This would fix that loophole. This will allow courts across the state to then hold the worst of the worst offenders, and that there is very strong evidence that they committed the crime, and that they are going to be convicted. Why not hold them pending trial without bond?” Allen said.

Because this measure would change parts of Colorado’s Constitution, it requires 55% of the vote to pass.

Reviewing for myself.

Prior to the discovery of Suzanne's remains (less than an hour from PP) (with BAM in her bones marrow), Barry was arrested with probable cause. He was also jailed so presumption great, which we know IE was able to reverse by misrepresenting partial DNA matches.

The arrest warrant itself, sloppy as it may have been, and his arrest have now been upheld by another judge.

Any lingering questions niggling against presumption, the new evidence generated from the discovery and autopsy of Suzanne's remains should un-linger them. Like an arrow to a bullseye.

JMO

Happy to hear the lawsuit has been dismissed. Now what? Does IE disappear from Barry's life forever? If he is charged again, would she represent him? Shall we lay odds on date of his arrest (Mo/Yr)?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camillionaire
Back