Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this. It was so fast but I tried to pause it and was that Barry in the hoodie?! I couldn’t tell if he was cuffed yet but it looked like he was facing an officer if that was him. I would love to see the handcuffs being put on him and hear the click click and see his miserable face as he realizes the reckoning day he has feared has arrived when he least expected it.

Well, I don’t give two flying fig newtons what the DA wears, as long as she’s got the evidence to put that *** away, I’m good!!

Also, Chris said there will be video coming soon of BM’s arrest!!
“Two flying fig newtons”.. That tickled me! Finally. Looks like I have plans tonight. Time to go back and read all the pages on this thread. I had to take a break for a bit. I am hoping the daughters are surrounded by love, family and those that will help them sort this out. I can’t even imagine the pain they are in.

I may be skeptical of the DA - but I really liked Spezee & was clear he needed to step up to the plate & he did....he was professional & really dodged that question about how they came to believe it was homicide versus a missing person...lol....professional right there: you hardly noticed he didn't answer!!

IMO

Chaffee County Sheriff's office Press release is up. Not much new information. His mugshot is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

"Morphew’s first court date will be the advisement where any bond arguments will be heard. That hearing will be held at the Chaffee County Courthouse at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 6. The arrest warrant is sealed at this time."

Arrest made in Suzanne Morphew case - Chaffee County Sheriff

We don't know for sure. But she reached out to a local domestic violence group and apparently started attending. Big clue there. Then, there are the controlling body language pictures.

I suspect there was financial abuse (he used her money to buy the Puma Path house - and is still abusing her money because he sold that house and is going to put the money into his defense - which is also financial abuse of his daughters).

Salida residents have posted in various facebook groups about things said at the local high school and in town about the fear that some of Barry's family members had of him and his temper.

Frankly, having to live with someone who goes off and punches a work associate is scary. Being impulsive and hotheaded is foundational to most abusers - and then of course, there are the fancy vacations and the extensive making up periods (which Suzanne's love note to Barry indicates to me).

That "choke hold" hug that he uses is, in my opinion, rarely used past high school by couples who value each others' autonomy.

The "Oh, Suzanne" at the beginning of the video is a way of blaming Suzanne for what happened to her. Nearly all or all abusers think it's the victim's fault when they lose it. "You made me do it" is in those words and all over his face.

She, on the other hand, always looks incredibly sweet, conciliatory and mild. That was their dynamic. Him, tough guy Tarzan with the guns and the hunting (he is not a great hunter, that was part of his act), and her, sweetly standing by her man.

Selling the Indiana property (half of the money would have been hers) was obviously in the works before she died, but selling the Colorado property was not - he, the murderer, went to court and got control of his victim's money right under the nose of the investigators and all of us watching.

So, I think we'll find out that he terrorized Suzanne with his temper and his tantrums, but right now I believe there's good evidence of a financially controlling husband and I regard that as abuse.

Also he probably was not planning on her beating cancer this second time She was doing great after her last treatment.
Her first maintenance visit was to be the Monday after Mother’s Day .
Horribly ironic isn’t it?

Her poor daughters.

MOO

“Over 135 search warrants were issued and executed. Over 400 individuals interviewed” SS

Wow, we knew so little. I’m so impressed with the ability of all involved preserving the integrity of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper