Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife had a convo with BM and SM about two years prior to their move to CO - this move was their plan/dream at that point in time (or at least that's what they were both portraying to people). A lot can change in a couple of years (and certainly with SMs cancer, one might even expect it) - but I don't believe the original plan was to move to CO, isolate SM and murder her. JMO, MOO.
No of course not! They have to prove to me he did this.

Brainstorming a bit here ....
What do you all think that LE have on Barry to arrest him with such serious charges ?
First degree and with deliberation, aka premeditation ???

Feel free to respond, Tia.

Here are some theories :

---BM texted the wrong person or said the wrong thing as in : "I'm free/single/widowed now."
Sounds waaay out there; but I remember Scott Peterson saying he was single or widowed to his mistress, while Lacy was still 'missing'.

---BM taking too many suspicious photos of a certain location out in the wilderness ?

---BM said the wrong thing to someone and they went to LE with it ? Not a confession but some sort of admission ? (i.e., "Listen. It was a mistake and I panicked.", etc.)

---BM 's already known actions ?
Although this one I question.
Because as much as we know already, it doesn't seem like enough proof to charge w/1st degree.

---Graphic:
Evidence found and tested during a search warrant, and it now came back positive for dna or decomp ?
However if that were the case, I'd expect the arrest to have come sooner.

---BM's neighbors or someone at the hotel had CC footage that was damning ?
Again in that case we should have seen an arrest a bit earlier.

I know if and when the charging docs are released, we'll know more.
Still so thankful it has happened.
I think no matter what BM is going down.

Imo.
MOO

-Troves of digital evidence related to planning and concealing a murder/body

-Purchase of the found bike in advance of the disappearance

-Purchase of bleach in advance of the disappearance

-scheduling the daughters to be out of town that weekend

-Potential purchase of items used in a homicide

-Movement of assets

-preplanning of another alibi that fell through, possibly the firefighter calendar phot shoot

-Study of other husband/wife homicides

My wife had a convo with BM and SM about two years prior to their move to CO - this move was their plan/dream at that point in time (or at least that's what they were both portraying to people). A lot can change in a couple of years (and certainly with SMs cancer, one might even expect it) - but I don't believe the original plan was to move to CO, isolate SM and murder her. JMO, MOO.
No of course not! They have to prove to me he did this. I don't jump on the wagon that quickly.

His arrest comes despite the fact that investigators have not found Suzanne's body.

In a press conference held Wednesday evening, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze and District Attorney Linda Stanley defended their investigation from criticism that it has taken almost 12 months for detectives to make an arrest, and insisted that their case was strong.

The pair admitted that they do not know Suzanne's cause of death, but implied that they have knowledge of an 'incident' that led to her killing.

Barry's arrested affidavit remains sealed amid the ongoing investigation, and he has retained legal counsel ahead of his court appearance.

Court documents posted online show that all three charges are for offenses dated May 10, 2020, the day Suzanne disappeared. This indicates police believe she was murdered that day.

If convicted of first-degree murder, Barry faces up to life in prison.

Video shows moment husband is arrested for murdering missing mom Suzanne Morphew | Daily Mail Online
bbm
bbm
Saving this great and informative post, thanks !

Re. the lavender bolded ; I think LE had initially asked people to save their footage from May 8th ?
So maybe LE wanted to know who was coming and going from the home around that time ?
I've also wondered if anyone else was at the house at PP that weekend ?
There's a reason I'm wondering .... but it's just speculation.
Iirc, LE have said they do not anticipate any more arrests.
IMO.

But yet the daughters still love and support him the judge didn’t allow photos of the daughters but said they loved him when he walked in the courtroom and gave heart symbols with their fingers. They must like the GF too. He didn’t wait too long after Suzanne went missing to get a GF. Very weird.
Home | Daily Mail Online
This post made me realize the it was the girlfriend who was "saved". moo

ohh one last thing. Who is Chris? Is he a reporter that is often on twitter? Link or last name please
Chris McDonough is a retired cop/investigator who started covering this case last August on the YouTube channel Profiling Evil. He now has his own channel called The Interview Room. He also tweets about it.

Chris McDonough is a retired cop/investigator who started covering this case last August on the YouTube channel Profiling Evil. He now has his own channel called The Interview Room. He also tweets about it.
thank you! I finally found out via google but I dont see many tweets from today so I didnt think it was him. I appreciate you!!!

I’m really conflicted on the May 10, 2021 date on the arrest/charges document.

On one hand, it would make sense for the charges to apply to the date LE believed the crime was committed.

On the other hand, the charges being applied against the date SM went missing also make sense and it would be clean administratively to have those dates match up.

But I have a hard time believing that SM was killed after midnight into Sunday morning. It would mean that BM most likely killed her in her sleep.

MOO

-Troves of digital evidence related to planning and concealing a murder/body

-Purchase of the found bike in advance of the disappearance

-Purchase of bleach in advance of the disappearance

-scheduling the daughters to be out of town that weekend

-Potential purchase of items used in a homicide

-Movement of assets

-preplanning of another alibi that fell through, possibly the firefighter calendar phot shoot

-Study of other husband/wife homicides
Thanks !
I thought (speculation here) that someone said Barry was a 'fan' of true crime ?
If he was ... whoops, made some mistakes there, Barry.

I'm wondering if the bleach purchase and odor of it at the hotel will be significant ?
Also a bike that may have not been Suzannes' and even more --an inoperable bike ?
Barry's prints on the bike helmet but otherwise wiped down ?
Have LE found her phone yet ?
Etc.
MOO.

I’m really conflicted on the May 10, 2021 date on the arrest/charges document.

On one hand, it would make sense for the charges to apply to the date LE believed the crime was committed.

On the other hand, the charges being applied against the date SM went missing also make sense and it would be clean administratively to have those dates match up.

But I have a hard time believing that SM was killed after midnight into Sunday morning. It would mean that BM most likely killed her in her sleep.

Think of it this way: they have to pick a date. They have reason to believe that by May 10, 2020 Suzanne was no longer alive. They can always adjust the date if they find evidence that suggests she was murdered much earlier. But they have to pick a date to list on the sheet as the date of the crime.

In the affidavit the language will likely be "On or about [date]" to account for the uncertainty.

"Today is a good day for Suzanne," Stanley said Wednesday. "As far as I'm concerned today is all about Suzanne and it's about her family and all the individuals who knew her and loved her and cared about her. Thats what this day is about."

Attorney information for Barry was not available Wednesday. According to authorities, he has not been cooperating with investigators since being taken into custody and remains behind bars.
D.A. 'Confident' in Murder Case Against Husband of Suzanne Morphew Despite Her Body Not Being Located
bbm

But yet the daughters still love and support him the judge didn’t allow photos of the daughters but said they loved him when he walked in the courtroom and gave heart symbols with their fingers. They must like the GF too. He didn’t wait too long after Suzanne went missing to get a GF. Very weird.
Home | Daily Mail Online
bbm
I wonder if Barry had had GF's even before Suzanne went missing ?
And she had had it ?
Imo.

Last edited:
Where one parent is killed by another, I believe it is very common for the children (even adult children) to remain in denial and believe the killer parent is innocent, for the reasons already discussed.

There was a case near me where the mother of four teen and pre-teen kids went missing. Locals and police all knew there was a history of DV and suspected the husband killed her. He had even bought a pet incinerator. It went to trial and he got off on a procedural technicality. His kids stuck by him the whole time, even when he moved his (male) lover into their home after the trial.

These two poor girls have probably been under the shadow of gaslight all their lives. At the moment BM can still sell a ‘she was abducted/I’m a victim too’ type of story, but how will they reconcile that when the evidence comes out? I like to think people can recover from this sort of trauma/life experience to the extent they can go on to have secure relationships and some happiness in their lives. Is that possible, does anyone know?
I'm not sure.
I just know, from experience that every bereavement leaves a hole in our psyches,varying in size.. we continue but are lessened by the experience.
A murder would do so much more damage.. add betrayal to the above and add shock, horror and denial.
Life is rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member