Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the second item can be revised as we can now Sleuth Barry?!?
I'm interested in his business dealings !
How did he advertise ?
Online ?
Had he been doing well business-wise ?
Was he well-known in the area, or had few heard of him ?
Did he do terraces or mostly hard scaping as in moving rocks and boulders around ??

Was he making a lot of $$$ or not ?
Did he hire and fire, often ?
Yes there's a reason I'm wondering.
More speculative than anything.
Imo.

...I hope they reconnect with the Moorman family :(
Unfortunately, I don't see this ever happening unless the girls one day have an epiphany and realize that their father really did murder their mother. Hopefully, they will sit through the entire trial and hear all of the evidence. Still, I am leaning towards them being blind when it comes to their father actually committing this crime.

It's a terrible situation all the way around. I believe that their father murdered their mother for money. I could be totally wrong, but I can see Barry pretending to be successful all along, and it dawning on Suzanne that it was all a lie. Either that, or Barry knew that the house of cards he built was collapsing and he needed to murder her before she found out.

He sure didn't waste anything selling everything that they owned. If he were financially stable, why would he do that? Why not pretend to look for your wife and keep everything status quo until she came home?

JMO.

I'm not sure the girls would agree with you. It's my impression they are fully supporting Barry, which I would guess means they do not believe he killed their Mom.
I don't want to stray into the wrong territory, but it's a large part of this case and has mystified me. I hope they reconnect with the Moorman family :(
I hope they do too, but they've probably been brainwashed by him. Very sad.

the hearing:

motion to seal the arrest warrant, and to discuss preliminary

concerned he was flight risk: asset selling, recently bought vehicles, took his bobcat to indiana, and told several he was moving to arizona.

he was given a public defender.

protective order: da wanted, but that order was predicated on civility. judge is not against contact with m and m. they can go visit him in jail. will be a controlled visit.

judge admonished BM and told him if he was going to have this privilege, it had to be civil in nature. he cannot harass, argue or annoy, or he will be charged with additional charges. (weird).

may 27 next hearing.

no bond discussion, no bail discussion.

per chris, gf is mia.

puma path is sealed. (sorry, i think it's the condo that's sealed. not pp.)

chris found a place in salida where barry bought an enormous amount of chlorine.

biggest piece of the puzzle (per chris): there are other players involved.

barry's dad died young. may 3. barry told friends that he always believed he would die young, at age 58 specifically. they are keeping a 24/7 watch on him in jail. :( (i want barry to pay, but i don't want anyone else to die. i can't stand thinking of that.)

the girls are safely being kept away from the media.
Interested n 'other players'.
I always had a sense that he was involved in a collective, no evidence at all to support my speculation . It arose because I suspected he was being protected by a group...
I wonder?
Yet we are advised that 'no further arrests ' will occur.
No, but possibly prosecution witnesses will..

the hearing:

motion to seal the arrest warrant, and to discuss preliminary

concerned he was flight risk: asset selling, recently bought vehicles, took his bobcat to indiana, and told several he was moving to arizona.

he was given a public defender.

protective order: da wanted, but that order was predicated on civility. judge is not against contact with m and m. they can go visit him in jail. will be a controlled visit.

judge admonished BM and told him if he was going to have this privilege, it had to be civil in nature. he cannot harass, argue or annoy, or he will be charged with additional charges. (weird).

may 27 next hearing.

no bond discussion, no bail discussion.

per chris, gf is mia.

puma path is sealed. (sorry, i think it's the condo that's sealed. not pp.)

chris found a place in salida where barry bought an enormous amount of chlorine.

biggest piece of the puzzle (per chris): there are other players involved.

barry's dad died young. may 3. barry told friends that he always believed he would die young, at age 58 specifically. they are keeping a 24/7 watch on him in jail. :( (i want barry to pay, but i don't want anyone else to die. i can't stand thinking of that.)

the girls are safely being kept away from the media.
Interested n 'other players'.
I always had a sense that he was involved in a collective, no evidence at all to support my speculation . It arose because I suspected he was being protected by a group...
I wonder?
Yet we are advised that 'no further arrests ' will occur.
No, but possibly prosecution witnesses will..

LS reported that she tried to speak to a "friend of BM's" but was told by deputies that she was unavailable and that multiple LE cars were parked at her house. I'm assuming that she is referring to BM's girlfriend. If true, is it common for LE to have the girlfriend of a suspect bottled up and keeping the crowds away from her or is this unusual? Maybe the girlfriend stumbled upon some evidence implicating BM and turned it over to LE to help tip the case and is now an important witness? Total speculation on my part but it seems odd that she would be getting this kind of attention if there wasn't more to her than just being his girlfriend. Thoughts?

Lauren Scharf and Tyson Draper on the panel... interesting info so far!

Tyson claimed Barry was spotted at a bike shop digging through the trash. Is Poncha Market a bike shop or a convienence store? I was sure it was the latter, so I'm curious why he called it a bike shop. For that matter, NG said it was the dump so... that was also weird.

LS reported that she tried to speak to a "friend of BM's" but was told by deputies that she was unavailable and that multiple LE cars were parked at her house. I'm assuming that she is referring to BM's girlfriend. If true, is it common for LE to have the girlfriend of a suspect bottled up and keeping the crowds away from her or is this unusual? Maybe the girlfriend stumbled upon some evidence implicating BM and turned it over to LE to help tip the case and is now an important witness? Total speculation on my part but it seems odd that she would be getting this kind of attention if there wasn't more to her than just being his girlfriend. Thoughts?

Has anyone checked to see if anyone else has been arrested recently?

Edit by me: Deleted stuff so not sleuthing those who can't be sleuthed.

Last edited:
Lauren says she asked Barry who the people were that saw Suzanne “on Sunday” so she could talk to them and he wouldn’t say. :rolleyes:

Tyson said from the beginning there were rumors of him trying to get a particular firefighter to cover something. He also said he talked to people that came from Indiana to search in the first few days and they said the home had a very strong odor of bleach. Still listening....

Tyson claimed Barry was spotted at a bike shop digging through the trash. Is Poncha Market a bike shop or a convienence store? I was sure it was the latter, so I'm curious why he called it a bike shop. For that matter, NG said it was the dump so... that was also weird.
Yes!! I think he was wrong on that! Ughhhhh

I could see Poncha Market being confused for a bike shop. I remember reading their website and it was a central point to meet up for some downhill runs.

though these could have been spectate occurrences.

NG's other guest (forgot his name already) speculated that what they found that assures a guilty verdict, was evidence of enough loss of blood that it's imcompatible with Suzanne being alive.
Interesting idea, especially considering CM's comment about BM purchasing a large amount of bleach or chlorine (on his video from today).

Just thinking out loud.
I think I'm still in shock he was actually charged with murder1. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads