Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God," he said. "And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy."

^^ This perhaps? :rolleyes:

D.A. 'Confident' in Murder Case Against Husband of Suzanne Morphew Despite Her Body Not Being Located
Unbelievably hypocritical... a Godly loving caring family.....and his trust and faith.
How dare he? He killed his wife and destroyed his family.

COURT TV episode last night 12:30sec length, Vinci’s Politan had Mike & Chris from @ProfilingEvil on to discuss arrest of BM. Chris stated BM had a large trailer parked in front of his condo on Tuesday night, looked like BM was getting ready to make a major move, speculated maybe the reason BM was arrested at this time!!
"I want you back so bad" as I shake my head no the entire time" Freudian slip

Link to form that you fill out for applying to get a public defender. It is pretty extensive in asking about income, assets, etc.
Does anyone else think after a review, because of his assets and current situation, won’t get appointed a public defender like he wants?

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user..._Judicial_District/jdf_208_--_app_for_pd2.pdf

The public defender vs paid criminal defense attorney situation will be a big tell imo. If BM ends up with a public defender after all the cash he has accumulated in the past year, it paints a very intriguing financial motive scenario.

I like how he doesn't hold the door for her (1st photo), walks several feet in front of her (2nd photo), and doesn't appear to be going to her side of the truck to open the door for her (3rd photo). What a gentleman.
Daily Mail redhead honeypot. So cliché. BM prolly spilled the beans to her.

bbm
I wonder if Barry had had GF's even before Suzanne went missing ?
And she had had it ?
Imo.
Barry moved on so quickly, it was surreal to observe. Quite unexpected, a real juxtaposition from all those photo's we saw for over a year and how people initially described their marriage.

From the guardianship, selling Suzanne's car and homes, to entertaining females. It just makes your head spin. I wonder what he did with her clothes and personal effects?
I've never doubted he killed her, just not sure how and under what circumstances. Crime of passion or premeditated, I can't wait to read what evidence LE has.

I think that's a possibility, too! That's why I want to know when she and Barry met. If it was before Suzanne was murdered, then hmmm. Different scenario.
After Chris Watts killed his entire beautiful family nothing surprises me anymore. Why are their so many wife killers in Colorado Watts, Frazee and now Morphew it seems a GF is always in the picture. SMH Scott Peterson but that was CA

Last edited:
Unbelievably hypocritical... a Godly loving caring family.....and his trust and faith.
How dare he? He killed his wife and destroyed his family.
I'm not sure the girls would agree with you. It's my impression they are fully supporting Barry, which I would guess means they do not believe he killed their Mom.
I don't want to stray into the wrong territory, but it's a large part of this case and has mystified me. I hope they reconnect with the Moorman family :(

You know a whole lot more than I about these matters, but I believe today’s hearing was changed at the last minute from “virtual “ to “ in person”. The order on page 4 item 7 says that the one outlet allowed a camera is responsible for distribution to the media pool. That sounds like they are allowed and expected to share with public IMO.
All of the Denver and Colorado Springs stations are showing video on TV and their website now.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/EMC order 05_06_21 advisement.pdf
One pool camera approved by the court (for media pool) not to be confused with a Webex user's recording, which is prohibited.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...rest/21CR78/EMC order 05_06_21 advisement.pdf

bbm
I wonder if Barry had had GF's even before Suzanne went missing ?
And she had had it ?
Imo.

I am putting my money on exactly that.

In the earliest days, pretty much all we had to go on was their Facebook content. There was a lot of discussion about that beautiful, rather enigmatic photo of Suzanne, the selfie where the picture is reversed/mirrored. The one where she is showcasing her rings.

She posted it maybe a year or so before her disappearance, IIRC. She wasn’t so much into selfies, more into family-centric photos. This picture speaks a thousand words, IMO. I believe she took it and posted it to remind Barry of the vows he took and the family and life they made together. I wonder whether it was taken after a storm had settled, and she had forgiven him for an indiscretion. She doesn’t look p’d off, though. I see it as a kind of loving (flirty?) expression, but with an edge - focussed, direct and strong. A clear visual message. Look what you risked losing. This is what’s at stake. Don’t do it again.

The public defender vs paid criminal defense attorney situation will be a big tell imo. If BM ends up with a public defender after all the cash he has accumulated in the past year, it paints a very intriguing financial motive scenario.
I agree, it would be intriguing.

But I suspect this whole public defender thing will turn out to be a red herring.
I think BM just doesn’t have a lawyer yet. I think the first steps of the court proceedings have to happen in a set time frame and if the defendant couldn’t arrange a lawyer yet, the court system will appoint one to this hearing. There are no earth shattering things happening at this time which couldn’t be assisted by a public defender. From now on the defendant has 3 weeks to find and retain one himself. At least this is how I envision it.
I am the first to admit that IANAL, though.

just curious, did they use dogs like cadaver dogs at the house, and where that bike was found?

I personally only regard the investigation resources Law Enforcement used. These are legal searches that LE performed with such dogs. IMO

Yes, LE used HRD dogs during the search and investigation of SM. Where these dogs were utilized, we don't know. IMO

Suzanne Morphew missing 4 months, investigation continues - Chaffee County Sheriff

In this investigation resources were called in to assist with numerous searches. These resources have included Chaffee SAR South and North, The Colorado Department of Corrections S.O.R.T Team, the CBI Crime Scene Investigation Team, FBI Evidence Response Team, Chaffee County Combined Tactical Team, Salida Fire Department Swift Water Rescue Team, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Salida Police Department, Buena Vista Police Department, Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Dive Rescue Team, Colorado State Patrol, El Paso County SAR Dog Team, Fremont County SAR Dog Team, Reach Air Medical Service, FBI Aviation Support Team, Necro Search International, Elizabeth Police Dog Team, Colorado Department of Corrections East Canon Tracking Team and the SAR Board of Colorado, which includes numerous SAR teams from around the state.

These above resources have contributed to numerous foot searches, Air Aviation searches and mapping, underwater imaging, dive team searches, several search dogs which includes air scent, tracking and HR Dogs. We have used numerous Drones for searches in several different areas.

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado
"One of Suzanne’s family members is breaking their silence with the promise of anonymity. They’re worried Barry is tampering with the investigation.

This family member says Barry refused two polygraph tests, a critical analysis test and the family member also says the data collected from his truck didn’t match up with what he told investigators.

The Chaffee County Sheriff wouldn’t offer any insight on the family member’s information."

bbm
: Could this possibly be the tampering with evidence charge? Did Barry somehow tamper with his truck's gps/navigation system so he could go somewhere without the truck recording it?

Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew).

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.
I guess the second item can be revised as we can now Sleuth Barry?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer