Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was intrigued by the language used. BM cannot intimidate, threaten, or annoy.

It made me wonder if domestic violence in the form of coercive control will be a part of the prosecution’s case.
It could very well be, but I don't think the protective order is evidence of that.

In the very helpful video that @Seattle1 linked, the Fox21 legal analyst explained that it's standard practice for a court in a Colorado criminal case to issue a blanket protective order barring the defendant from intimidating, threatening or harassing any witnesses or victims. So what the judge was actually doing here was making an exception from that blanket order so that the two daughters would be able to talk with and visit BM without him running afoul of the more general order. But the judge made it clear that the exception didn't extend to any threatening or intimidating acts.

It could very well be, but I don't think the protective order is evidence of that.

In the very helpful video that @Seattle1 linked, the Fox21 legal analyst explained that it's standard practice for a court in a Colorado criminal case to issue a blanket protective order barring the defendant from intimidating, threatening or harassing any witnesses or victims. So what the judge was actually doing here was making an exception from that blanket order so that the two daughters would be able to talk with and visit BM without him running afoul of the more general order. But the judge made it clear that the exception didn't extend to any threatening or intimidating acts.

Agreed, I didn’t think it was odd. It also is standard to ask the family of the victim if they want a restraining order and here the girls didn’t.

Everyone should remember one of the Judge’s most important jobs is to make sure the defendant understands what is happening. The defendant needs to “participate” in his or her own defense. The Judge does not want to be the cause of an appeal that the defendant didn’t understand what was happening or what his rights are.

Mandatory Protection Orders In Colorado Criminal Law Cases

When does a court issue a mandatory protection order?

Courts issue mandatory protection orders whenever someone has been accused of committing a crime in Colorado.

The protection order is issued during your first court appearance. This is often the arraignmentfor the underlying crime. At this stage of the process, the judge will inform you of your rights. The judge will tell you not to interact with the alleged victim or witnesses. This is the mandatory protection order outlined by CRS 18-1-1001.

NG's other guest (forgot his name already) speculated that what they found that assures a guilty verdict, was evidence of enough loss of blood that it's imcompatible with Suzanne being alive.
Interesting idea, especially considering CM's comment about BM purchasing a large amount of bleach or chlorine (on his video from today).

Just thinking out loud.
I think I'm still in shock he was actually charged with murder1. o_O
Well, I must admit that this is a surprise to me. I have always assumed that he just choked her out.

Well, I must admit that this is a surprise to me. I have always assumed that he just choked her out.

And he might have, but if he did, what kind of choking/strangulation evidence do they have, that gives them such confidence of a guilty verdict - without having her body to prove it? I mean, they seem to have made it clear at the presser that they have something to point to her being deceased.

Boy I sure wish we could see that arrest affidavit. I'm not even sure I understand why it's been sealed up, tight as Barry's condo in Poncha Springs.

Didn’t Barry help purchase housing for his mom?

Not that I'm aware of - he bought a lot in Salida and somehow we learned the intention was to build a home for his mom.

But I believe he sold it. He sold every property he had in CO, and I believe a couple of people here went over the records in the last thread. I believe he sold most of what they had in Indiana too.

They had $500,000 from Suzanne's inheritance in the Puma house, plus another $1M from somewhere (there have been rumors about mortgage/no mortgage - I don't think we know). But he would have gotten maybe $450,000 out of it (realtor's fees) unless they paid cash for the whole thing in which case he's got $1.5M there. The deal in Indiana netted him something like $800,000.

So he has at least $1.2 million plus the money from the vacant lot. Plus who knows what else.

I wonder where he was planning on going - back to Indiana, I suppose.

Barry Morphew faces judge for first time after murder charge, arrest | FOX21 News Colorado

Barry’s next-door neighbor told FOX21 News that he didn’t even know he lived next to Suzanne’s daughters and husband until he was arrested.

“I didn’t know Barry was Suzanne’s husband, so I was clueless. We’ve only lived here the last six months,” Chad Heeter said.

Heeter added that he had only spoken with Barry twice, and because of COVID, they didn’t bump into each other much.

“I just knew him as Barry, and again we didn’t have much interaction, so yea, shocked,” Heeter reacted. “He worked here in the neighborhood and worked on all of these homes behind here, which have been built in the last nine months, so he was busy working.”

For the past two nights, Heeter said they noticed more patrolling in the area but were only told it was part of an investigation. He felt safe living in Poncha Springs and next to Barry.

What a dirty-dog...hope he enjoyed that while it lasted because his options in prison will be quite different..:eek: JMO
Like all the other dirty dog murderers he will probably get tons of love letters, sexy photos, and marriage proposals from sick women. He loves working out at the gym good thing they have lots of time to lift weights on the yard. I’m sure he’ll get acclimated to jail and prison life like Watts, Peterson and all the other wife killers.

Perhaps BM was seeing the GF before Suzanne was killed. Suzanne found out and wanted out of the marriage, threatened to leave him that she was done and going to take all her money. He exploded and killed her.

Perhaps LE offered the GF immunity in exchange for her testimony perhaps helped dispose of her body and that’s why LE was at her house like that Patrick Frazee nurse GF.

This is all JMO only.

JMO

Barry Morphew's Neighbor Reacts To Murder Charges In Suzanne Morphew Case: 'My Heart Goes Out To His Daughters'

More sheriff’s deputies alongside the Chaffee County Sheriff and other investigators, arrived at Barry Morphew’s home Thursday afternoon. The duplex has been sealed with crime tape since.

Oh, the reaction is you know, shock… as anything. I mean… you go back, and you think about all your interactions with an individual when you hear about what happened,” said Chad Heeter, Morphew’s next-door neighbor.

Heeter said Morphew moved into the duplex next door in October of last year.

<modsnip: Copyright rules are that no more than 10% can be copied>

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, I didn’t think it was odd. It also is standard to ask the family of the victim if they want a restraining order and here the girls didn’t.

Everyone should remember one of the Judge’s most important jobs is to make sure the defendant understands what is happening. The defendant needs to “participate” in his or her own defense. The Judge does not want to be the cause of an appeal that the defendant didn’t understand what was happening or what his rights are.
Also you can bet DA will listen to all the jail call visits. I wonder if he will tell his daughters how to hide any assets he has so trial attorneys don’t get it. Hmm

Barry Morphew faces judge for first time after murder charge, arrest | FOX21 News Colorado

Barry’s next-door neighbor told FOX21 News that he didn’t even know he lived next to Suzanne’s daughters and husband until he was arrested.

“I didn’t know Barry was Suzanne’s husband, so I was clueless. We’ve only lived here the last six months,” Chad Heeter said.

Heeter added that he had only spoken with Barry twice, and because of COVID, they didn’t bump into each other much.

“I just knew him as Barry, and again we didn’t have much interaction, so yea, shocked,” Heeter reacted. “He worked here in the neighborhood and worked on all of these homes behind here, which have been built in the last nine months, so he was busy working.”

For the past two nights, Heeter said they noticed more patrolling in the area but were only told it was part of an investigation. He felt safe living in Poncha Springs and next to Barry.

Of course he did, Barry didn't have an insurance policy or any benefit on the neighbors to concern them. IMO.

Ah yes, I misunderstood what you were saying. They were in the courtroom but not in the audience area.

Right. And they can be seen in the livestream at the beginning, before they moved to the very far end of the box. And someone said that was the nephew also in the jury box. I have to say, if this were my family member, I'd be there for them, too. I'd also be there for them when they were sentenced and I would affirm whatever justice was handed down - but visit them in prison.

Now, I don't consider every single relative of mine "family" but it seems that the nephew feels that way about Barry and sat near him, with a steady and stoic expression.

Barry Morphew's Neighbor Reacts To Murder Charges In Suzanne Morphew Case: 'My Heart Goes Out To His Daughters'

More sheriff’s deputies alongside the Chaffee County Sheriff and other investigators, arrived at Barry Morphew’s home Thursday afternoon. The duplex has been sealed with crime tape since.

Oh, the reaction is you know, shock… as anything. I mean… you go back, and you think about all your interactions with an individual when you hear about what happened,” said Chad Heeter, Morphew’s next-door neighbor.

Heeter said Morphew moved into the duplex next door in October of last year.

<modsnip: Copyright rules are that no more than 10% can be copied>
Thanks for this post, Cindizzi, and the clarification .
We are allowed to discuss family members in regards to the msm articles.
Only Barry is sleuthable.
People in general are compassionate and it's sad to see the trail of devastation Barry left in his wake.
Lives have been ruined, and one of them ended forever -- a life he should have cherished and protected !
I feel like everyone in this mans' circle (those close to him, and from whom he could gain something from !) is a means to an end.
Chilling.

Sad for the neighbor who it seems noticed nothing unusual or concerning, and then to find out what his (Heeters') neighbor had done.
Yikes.
Imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
We see that in a lot of sad cases, where one spouse kills the other---and the kids side with the remaining spouse, because denial is better than accepting such an ugly truth. :(
It’s particularly tragic when one or more kids stand behind the accused parent and other(s) believe they’re guilty. They’ve lost one parent to murder, the other to incarceration and don’t even have a cohesive sibling group to fall back on.

Not that I'm aware of - he bought a lot in Salida and somehow we learned the intention was to build a home for his mom.

But I believe he sold it. He sold every property he had in CO, and I believe a couple of people here went over the records in the last thread. I believe he sold most of what they had in Indiana too.

They had $500,000 from Suzanne's inheritance in the Puma house, plus another $1M from somewhere (there have been rumors about mortgage/no mortgage - I don't think we know). But he would have gotten maybe $450,000 out of it (realtor's fees) unless they paid cash for the whole thing in which case he's got $1.5M there. The deal in Indiana netted him something like $800,000.

So he has at least $1.2 million plus the money from the vacant lot. Plus who knows what else.

I wonder where he was planning on going - back to Indiana, I suppose.

I've wondered where he might be heading to as well. Indiana certainly would not have been my first thought- but it seems logical. Any other ideas of there?

Like all the other dirty dog murderers he will probably get tons of love letters, sexy photos, and marriage proposals from sick women. He loves working out at the gym good thing they have lots of time to lift weights on the yard. I’m sure he’ll get acclimated to jail and prison life like Watts, Peterson and all the other wife killers.

Perhaps BM was seeing the GF before Suzanne was killed. Suzanne found out and wanted out of the marriage, threatened to leave him that she was done and going to take all her money. He exploded and killed her.

Perhaps LE offered the GF immunity in exchange for her testimony perhaps helped dispose of her body and that’s why LE was at her house like that Patrick Frazee nurse GF.

This is all JMO only.

JMO

They all have the same vibe.

Attachments

• 0.cw.bm.JPG
    0.cw.bm.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online