Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange these murderers all used their trade in some way to dispose of bodies. Chris Watts was an oil field worker for Andarko used his job site to bury Shannan and put daughters in oil tanks. Patrick Frazee was a rancher he burned Kelsey Berreth remains on his ranch with his mom, I believe he had burned animals on his ranch also. Scott Peterson was a fisherman he killed his wife took her body out on his fishing boat, used cement blocks to weight her down pushed her into the ocean near his usual fishing spot. Barry Morphew is a landscaper so my guess is he used his landscaping abilities tools and equipment to hide Suzanne’s remains under the ground.

That's a great catch, that I haven't heard mentioned, before. Even if BM was a true crime aficionado, he probably didn't realize that common link. Even Jason Young tried to use a business trip as his alibi, and Ross Harris essentially used the parking lot of his office.

Re: Alexa

Usually we need to say Alexa (or Google or Siri, depending which device the home has) prior to a request. To get the device's attention, turn it 'on'.

Which led me to questions.

- Does screaming turn the device on, or only screaming that could sound like the device name?
- Does the device say anything back ... like "I don't understand" "Do you need help?" "What the heck is all that screaming about?" "Do you want me to call 911?"
- Does the device quietly record all the time, not just when its name is said?
- Is the device programmed to turn on if there are sounds of anguish?
There’s ton of articles and forum threads regarding words that accidentally activate recording on these devices. Here’s one of them:

Researchers compile list of 1,000 words that accidentally trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant | Daily Mail Online

I have been wondering how they managed to pay for two homes. If they had a private loan. If a mortgage is in someone else's name. If they rented their current home as opposed to buying it.

Is there something (official) that says that they purchased the homes? That identifies the buyers? Or is it assumption based on buy/sell dates (and perhaps based on media)?

I am sure that forensic accounting would have been carried out, to determine the level of debt and if that goes toward motive.
Supposedly they had tenants on a lease to buy option on the Indiana home.

If my memory serves me well, Barry and Suzanne purchased and paid in full the CO home with Suzanne’s grandmother and mother’s inheritances. Does someone else recall this?

Strange these murderers all used their trade in some way to dispose of bodies. Chris Watts was an oil field worker for Andarko used his job site to bury Shannan and put daughters in oil tanks. Patrick Frazee was a rancher he burned Kelsey Berreth remains on his ranch with his mom, I believe he had burned animals on his ranch also. Scott Peterson was a fisherman he killed his wife took her body out on his fishing boat, used cement blocks to weight her down pushed her into the ocean near his usual fishing spot. Barry Morphew is a landscaper so my guess is he used his landscaping abilities tools and equipment to hide Suzanne’s remains under the ground.
^^^ True Sleuther! Excellent connection and post! Wowzer! EyeOpening! Where’s @Warwick7 with her BAM!

Not only that, his natural color hair will grow out. There might not be any hair product in the commissary. Haircuts, jail barbers might not do the same edgy cut as BM was used to. The veneers will chip away. It will be very humbling for BM to be behind bars. Realistically, the first time he hasn't had people doting on him and covering up for him.

IMO, BM has lived his entire life on his image and bravado.

And now, that is all falling down around him.

I 100% agree with your assessment. I think the fear of being vulnerable is more chilling to him than thinking of what he has done.

Just catching up with today’s posts. Feeling sad, considering the day, and upon multiple mentions of SM’s father. So very sad that he had to deal with this and didn’t get to see this arrest. Not that it could have helped his pain anyway..

also, I had long thought that this was likely a blood-less or minimally messy...situation. Hearing everyone’s thoughts are making me seriously re-evaluate and open my mind to other possibilities. I’m not sure why I thought that way; I just did. Again, add that to the list of sadness today.
I “get” your sadness. Regarding the minimal mess, I think as caring people our mind doesn’t go to the most gruesome immediately when we are trying to understand/figure out what happened regarding a crime. I personally won’t be surprised if the details are gruesome. That’s why Barry needs to plead guilty and save his children/mother/and all of Suzanne’s family the excruciating pain of hearing the details. I doubt he’s man enough to do the right thing though.

It seemed to me that someone was in a panic to get their stuff out and go.
It sure does appear that way. I know it's been said by some that Suzanne at one point was looking forward to the move to Colorado, but then it's also been said she did not want to move either. But I sure do agree with the trailer looking like it had been loaded in a hurry. And another thing I thought of when looking at the trailer itself is, a different type of trailer would have been more appropriate, such as either an enclosed trailer, or at least a trailer that actually had some sides to it. Especially if money wasn't an issue, that trailer could have been sold, thus left behind and a more appropriate trailer purchased, especially considering the distance they were going to travel with it - I think 1200 miles or something OP said. This is all JMO.

Where do you think he was going with it? I had heard rumblings about the Wyoming antlerfest thing but that’s even father. Do you think the photo is just Barry packing up that barn they owned before things got reshuffled for the move?
Two things stand out to me: the gun safe and the recliner packed upside down. I think these are things from Barry's man cave or office. He doesn't seem too worried about how they will travel or if they will get rained/snowed on during the trip. What month did they move again? MOO.

It sure does appear that way. I know it's been said by some that Suzanne at one point was looking forward to the move to Colorado, but then it's also been said she did not want to move either. But I sure do agree with the trailer looking like it had been loaded in a hurry. And another thing I thought of when looking at the trailer itself is, a different type of trailer would have been more appropriate, such as either an enclosed trailer, or at least a trailer that actually had some sides to it. Especially if money wasn't an issue, that trailer could have been sold, thus left behind and a more appropriate trailer purchased, especially considering the distance they were going to travel with it - I think 1200 miles or something OP said. This is all JMO.

I presume that's the trailer that goes with/is normally used for the Bobcat.

Two things stand out to me: the gun safe and the recliner packed upside down. I think these are things from Barry's man cave or office. He doesn't seem too worried about how they will travel or if they will get rained/snowed on during the trip. What month did they move again? MOO.
Per link below, they moved from IN to CO in the spring of 2018.

According to the source, the Morphew family moved from Indiana to central Colorado in the spring of 2018, after the Morphew’s eldest daughter moved to Colorado for college, and when their younger daughter was still in high school. The source said they believe Suzanne was less enthusiastic about the move than her husband was.”

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome

#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Are you still on the fence or have you changed your mind with Barry’s arrest? You’ve always been very careful not to accuse him, so I truly wondered if this came as a shock to you? I always admired your differing views!
Not a shock. But I work very hard on a chess approach... what does the prosecution have and how will the defense counter so I still have awhile until discovery is public enough to know what the chess board looks like! This has been interesting because so little was made public. Probably then, after warrants and some discovery I can lean in with thoughts one way or the other although the fact they were able to get the judge to sign off on an arrest warrant is telling that the prosecutor feels there is enough to get through to trial. Now it begins.

Does anyone have any links to this so called hot tub/spa at Puma Path? I see that one is mentioned on the zillow description, but it's extremely odd that out of all the 45 photos posted on multiple realtor sites, there is not one of this feature.

And yet we do see a picture of a fancy bathtub in the bathroom which may have spa features. It's the kind that would not involve chlorine at all.

It just seems weird to me that there are no photos of it.
There was drone footage from one of the tv stations that showed the house and yard from all angles. You could see the hot tub in that footage. The media thread might have the video.

I “get” your sadness. Regarding the minimal mess, I think as caring people our mind doesn’t go to the most gruesome immediately when we are trying to understand/figure out what happened regarding a crime. I personally won’t be surprised if the details are gruesome. That’s why Barry needs to plead guilty and save his children/mother/and all of Suzanne’s family the excruciating pain of hearing the details. I doubt he’s man enough to do the right thing though.
Here is my question.
Had it been a gruesome scene in the house would they have waited this long to arrest him?
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member